Feeling off and spaced out

Posted , 65 users are following.

Does anyone feel spaced out and just numb from Anxiety. It's a weird feeling to try and describe but just don't feel right. It's like the mind has shut off. I find myself trying to remember what I did yesterday to snap myself out of it but it's tough so it's like I am getting dementia. It seems to go away when I don't think about it but as we all know that's very hard to do. It scares me so much because I think it has to be something else then anxiety and depression. It's like I have lived the past two weeks in a dream like state. I have been on Cit for 3 weeks now so hopefully this will go away sometime. I am worried it never will. sad

8 likes, 142 replies

142 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

yup currently going through it at the moment it sucks feeling it 24-7 im on my 4th week of sertraline my depression is better just dealing with anxiety and this damn brain fog
  • Posted

I get the whole "dream" feeling a lot along with forgetting things. Lately, my anxiety has been the worst it's ever been and so I'm starting to get the weird numb feeling. I constantly feel like I'm not myself and I feel abnormal.
    • Posted

its horrible isnt it? it makes my anxiety worse ;(
    • Posted

To not feel myself 24/7 unless I'm fully relaxed (which is rare), is the worst part for me. I hope you feel better soon. No one deserves to feel uncomfortable in their own skin because of anxiety.
    • Posted

How are you feeling now? I hope you are doing good. I'm going thru the same thing now, constantly checking how I feel, spacing out, can't concentrating anything..

• Posted

I've had this feeling before but the passed few days it seems worse. I've never really had anxiety before, or not that I know of, but here lately due to finance issues, work slowing down, nothing seeming to go right, etc. I find myself doubting my self worth, feeling like a burden and not being productive at all. I try to assure my family that it's just me and that I feel off or like walking around in a daydream. But I feel like this is causing us to drift apart because they don't understand. I'm the man, the husband, the father and everyone is supposed to lean on me for support, reassurance, guidance, but what happens when I need it? I know as a man we are supposed to be strong for the ones we love, but every man has a breaking point. It's even worse when your work slows down, income becomes scarce, bills pile up, plans get pushed back, etc. All the things the man of the house is supposed to provide and it all seems to be spiraling out of control. I don't think I need medication, just moral and emotional support. I just feel like I've lost control of everything and I'm constantly disappointing them.
  • Posted

I don't know if you will see this! But I feel the same way. I feel so spaced out and scared to be alone bc I feel like I'm confused and scared I'm going crazy.. I take Zoloft and buspar
    • Posted

Yeah it's so horrible stupid anxiety ;( completely harmless and normal for anxiety
    • Posted

Hello Antsy Tammi smile

Thank you for this forum I came across recently and having a read of this forum smile

I can relate to some of these stories

I am usually known as a very positive mind. I always smile and laugh at my own jokes.. i am naturally shy & have mild anxiety. but i have healthy mindfulness and stategies to get though the day effortlessly

Recently I started a new job..

I usually am the first person to arrive lol

..and something occurred during the day that had my usually positive mind turn into a stress ball.

I was cleaning inside the shop about 30 mins before opening the doors and windows some person started painting the windows from the inside & to make it worse my shop is very small and the fumes were so strong it was quite intense in every breath.. but they didn't even bother to open a window or door.. I stayed inside working inside the small shop for about 3 & half hours greeting customers which I felt I needed to get outside and get some fresh air...but I stayed inside because I was ordered to.. I only had about 25 mins of lunch break..which wasn't long enough while outside get some fresh air..

i felt like i was going to faint.. i keep working once i finished work.. my mind was racing alot more than usual thinking...

"why did they use highly fumed paint inside of the shop on the start of the shift?" & "why didn't I just open the doors or window myself?".

ever since then I haven't been able to breath calmly and I felt like I lost a sense of myself to a point where my mind is focused on that event and I haven't been able to concentrate on the present ..it's that bad.. that I often feel like my positive self is drained by worrying over nothing ^^

. . Just like I feel like a robot..

sorry if this sentence doesn't make sense...

Thank you for taking the time to reading this story smile any help is appreciated. smile

• Posted

Hey I am wondering if u still are going threw it still?
  • Posted

I have the same thing I also have bad anxiety It's been happening to me for 3 years now when ever I think about it it happens it feels like I'm day dreaming and can't get out of that state. It's feels like a loss of reality, it used to scare me a lot but I'm used to it. Only goes away when I'm calm or playing video games. Does anyone know better ways to fix this I would like help. And Yadeed does this still happen to you? 
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed!

Its a long shot youll see this now but i joined just to reply to this..

I am currently feeling this EXACT same way and am scheduled for a MRI, and they just upped my prozac dosage about 2 weeks ago- Nothing has changed thus far. 

Still feeling zoned out 24/7, can't focus on anything, forgetful, just overall completely out of it. The world is moving on without me.

I got a gym membership to see if physical exercise will help. Ill try anything at this point. 

Will update after next doctors appt. 

Kimmii

• Posted

I think it might be the prozac with you.  I used to take it and had the same feeling.  My doc switched me to Zoloft with Klonopin as needed and it has worked pretty well.  Not that I do not get the spaced out feeling every now and then but not constant like before
    • Posted

Hi I have jus been having anxiety lately and I really need help. It all started a few weeks ago I had to get surgery and the surgery went well but after ward I kept being stressed even after the doctor told me I was fine and my healing process was goin good and my heart was great I still felt so much anxiety I overthink everything in a horrible way , I was getting chest pains tight chest and went to the hospital and they jus told me to stop stressing basically but it's so hard so now the chest pains have somewhat went away but now I'm having headaches and also I was feeling off in my head as well like it jus seems foggy and not right I jus need help!! Every symptom makes me think something else is wrong with me help!!

• Posted

Hi I have jus been having anxiety lately and I really need help. It all started a few weeks ago I had to get surgery and the surgery went well but after ward I kept being stressed even after the doctor told me I was fine and my healing process was goin good and my heart was great I still felt so much anxiety I overthink everything in a horrible way , I was getting chest pains tight chest and went to the hospital and they jus told me to stop stressing basically but it's so hard so now the chest pains have somewhat went away but now I'm having headaches and also I was feeling off in my head as well like it jus seems foggy and not right I jus need help!! Every symptom makes me think something else is wrong with me help!!

• Posted

Has anything changed for you? If so i hope it has cause it's nothing something great to feel and go through.. Even though it's mental .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.