Feeling off and spaced out

Posted , 65 users are following.

Does anyone feel spaced out and just numb from Anxiety. It's a weird feeling to try and describe but just don't feel right. It's like the mind has shut off. I find myself trying to remember what I did yesterday to snap myself out of it but it's tough so it's like I am getting dementia. It seems to go away when I don't think about it but as we all know that's very hard to do. It scares me so much because I think it has to be something else then anxiety and depression. It's like I have lived the past two weeks in a dream like state. I have been on Cit for 3 weeks now so hopefully this will go away sometime. I am worried it never will. sad

8 likes, 142 replies

142 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi it will go away you won't feel like this for ever I can remember wen mine first started I just fort I was going crazy every thing you have said is just how I felt it's horrid I felt like I was a zombie just wasn't with it and it's hard to be your self but trust me give it time this will make you a stronger person x
    • Posted

Hi I have jus been having anxiety lately and I really need help. It all started a few weeks ago I had to get surgery and the surgery went well but after ward I kept being stressed even after the doctor told me I was fine and my healing process was goin good and my heart was great I still felt so much anxiety I overthink everything in a horrible way , I was getting chest pains tight chest and went to the hospital and they jus told me to stop stressing basically but it's so hard so now the chest pains have somewhat went away but now I'm having headaches and also I was feeling off in my head as well like it jus seems foggy and not right I jus need help!! Every symptom makes me think something else is wrong with me help!!

• Posted

Hey, I've been feeling exactly the same way. I have bipolar disorder & have been taking the beginning dose of tegretol: 200 MG for 2 weeks. I went to see a friend this weekend, and now Im looking back on the weekend and it's really hazy. It's like that feeling of not remembering a drunk night properly. Like, the feeling that it was a dream or something. Its hard to explain for me too. My friend told me I wasn't acting like myself and I was really out of it. For me. I'm afraid it's beginning signs of psycosis...I've only experienced hypo mania, so it very well could be my first manic episode. I don't know if maybe this could be the same for you. I was originally diagnosed with depression and anxiety because my hypo mania was overlooked. I'm not trying to scare you, but that just where I'm coming from. If anyone has any opinions about me, I'd love to here from you. Thanks.

• Posted

Remember!! you are starting a new medication and you will likely have behavioral changes until your system gets used to it.  Sucks that we all have to be medicated to live our lives huh...lol!!
    • Posted

Hi I have jus been having anxiety lately and I really need help. It all started a few weeks ago I had to get surgery and the surgery went well but after ward I kept being stressed even after the doctor told me I was fine and my healing process was goin good and my heart was great I still felt so much anxiety I overthink everything in a horrible way , I was getting chest pains tight chest and went to the hospital and they jus told me to stop stressing basically but it's so hard so now the chest pains have somewhat went away but now I'm having headaches and also I was feeling off in my head as well like it jus seems foggy and not right I jus need help!! Every symptom makes me think something else is wrong with me help!!

• Posted

You might want to do some research on 'Brain fog' and 'depresonalization', which are pretty common after-effects of anxiety and panic attacks. It has also been known to affect things such as concentration and memory

• Posted

Hi I have been feeling like this for 2 days now it is horrendous. Was just wondering how long yours lasted I have been on citalipram for 2years so don't no what has triggered it off its like I'm writing this and don't no what I'm writing rolleyes

• Posted

Hi how long was it before u felt normal again? Such a horrible feeling
  • Posted

I have had the same feeling many times.  You have to remind yourself that you are not losing your mind.  People who are losing their mind do not know the are losing their mind.  This is a very common symptom of anxiety and trust me when I say you are not alone.  It is really hard when this comes on especially when you are with a group of people.  It makes you think that you are just going to lose it in front of everyone.  You feel like your thoughts are all over the place and you can not seem to make sense out of anything.  You feel like you are viewing the world through a window and the body you are in is not your own.  You feel detached from reality.  Is this what you are experiencing?  You are not getting dimentia and are actually very sane.  It is hard not to feel the way we do in this world today.  Everything is just so out of control.  You just need to get through to the otherside.  It will pass... they always pass don't they.  Of course that is when you beat yourself up because you think you were being rediculous.  Hang in there buddy, you will get through this.

• Posted

• Posted

I'm doing some research on a similar problem. First I would like you to know I feel your pain!!what ever this is it sucks. You are not the only one I two don't feel write my self, I feel as if mold or something of that nature is over my top part of my brain, my right ear ring and my middle ear keeps getting fluid in it. As I'm sure you have gone the doctors route they earthier can't find anything wrong. I have spoken to my doctor and I have been on allergy medication one is prescribe and then two over the counter with a decongestant. It seemed to have helped to and extent but it's back. I haven't gone an done a full allergy test that's next on my list and just to be clear never had allergies in 40 years, So think of this they find new species of animals all the time and a lot of people are having similar problems like us so my point is this could me a new mold or fungus. I will say keep your head up and never give up some doctor will find what's going on.

• Posted

• Posted

Yoga check with your doctor because you just had surgery this has helped me so much. On YouTube stress relief or for anxiety. Hope your healing process goes well.
    • Posted

Thankyou , do u agree that these are all symptoms of anxiety possibly?
    • Posted

The surgery is fine I jus don't know what I'm so stressed out over everything and causing so much stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.