Feels like something stuck in nose

Posted , 31 users are following.

I'm a 36 year old man from sweden. It all started with sinusitis 9 months ago that didn't go away. In september I had sinus surgery and i thought that would solve my problems but it didn't. The problem is only in one nostril. It feels like a pressure or like something is stuck there. Kind of like i'm deeply congested or like part of my nose has grown together deep inside.. I can't realy explain it. It won't help with nasal spray or steroid nasal spray. Saline rinses won't work either. Even if i can breathe through nose it still feels blocked like deeper inside...  My ENT says that my sinuses looks normal. This feeling is consuming me and i hope someone can help me.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Other people are experiencing this! I have been now for probably two years as well!! An update, any new info, an answer 😭 That'd be great. Also, good luck to you!

• Posted

Alicia, please see my answer to Tommy.

I would like to know if you have tried the Breathe Right nose stints. (That's what I call them.)

The strips help me also but not nearly as well.

Best, 

• Posted

HI Tommy? I see your email is 2 years old, but I'll try. 

Did you ever find help? Your problem sounds [u]exactly[/u] like mine, which also began after sinus surgery.  I have read that, in rare cases, the sinus surgery causes the turbinates to enlarge, which is what happened to me.  That in turn "they say" can cause your breathing pattern to change which makes one feel congested.  Solution:  (possible)  to shrink the turbinates.  Not as easy as it sounds.  I have had 3 radio frequency ablations, 2 in left  nasal and 1 in right.  The right ablation helped quite a bit, but didn't do much to the left.  I am going for another radio frequency ablation on the left side next month.  Kaiser sent me to an "expert" at Stanford and this was his advice to "help with feeling of congestion."  What really helps in the meantime is the plastic nose stint.  Breatheright is the best.  Of course, this is not the long-term solution we want, but really helps at night and when home alone!  I have had, in so many words, an ENT tell me the problem is in my head.  When I said, "Well, how come the stint works," he said, "I dunno!"  (Sigh).  

If you people that have the same problem have not tried the Breathe Right stint, give it a try.  Much relief.

And no ENT dr. told me about this.  It was a nurse in a sleep apnea clinic when I went with my daughter.

Buena suerte!

P.S.  And please let me know if the Breathe Right stint helps anyone else!

• Edited

Still having symptoms. I guess i have to live with it. Breathe right strips actually work a little. Takes the edge off. If anyone have some more things that helps i would be very happy. Sometimes i think about just chopping off the whole nose...

• Posted

Hey Tommy not sure if you remember my post that I thought the water in Hawaii healed me??? Well after 2month's the issue was back in full force... polyps but I'm back on steroid n saline nasal wash which if I do daily I'm pretty ok but I miss a day or two go back to no taste n smell to then I might take a 3 day dose of oral steroids n boom every thing good again. So for me it's a matter of daily washes... not such a hard task I guess... have you tried steroids for it? Prednisilone. đź‘Ť

• Posted

I don't have polyps. My ENT can't find anything wrong but i still have that feeling like something is stuck in there. I have tried Prednisilone and it didn't work. I'm guessing maybe it's a something with the nerves.

• Posted

I can taste and smell but not as good as before. It's not completely gone.

• Posted

I now have tinnitus and a watering eye to add to my list of symptoms. Anyone finding relief?

• Posted

Hi Tommy, hope you're feeling better. i have a nasal problem as well feels extremely dry inside my nose with pain in the bridge and behind. nose feels blocked but is completely open and sometimes feels like anything i eat or drink get stuck between my nose and mouth and stings it even though nothing is there. the left side is my biggest problem as well and only my left eye tears and is painful .it also affects my gums just below my nose and my upper lip with pain in my neck but have no sore throat. have had ct showed nothing and just left my ent who said absolutley nothing is wrong. he also suggested its a nerve problem a sort of neuralgia and now have the long wait of a neurologist appointment. hope it helps to not feel alone and that it doesn't seem to be anything dreadful just so annoying.

• Posted

good luck with neurology. I went to one and she was young so she never encountered anyone with a nasal issue so she wasnt confident it was one. Its so hard to get answers!!

• Posted

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have so had my Sinuses “Scraped" a few years ago hoping it would help, but it didnt. I do notice that if i have a cold, it gets worse. But even more dramatic is when I do a intense work out. immediately following the work out my right sinus will drip constantly. My eye will water. I will be sneezing nonstop. And have a burning sensation in my right sinus. It’ll last 1 to 3 days typically. No one I’ve seen has been able to answer what’s happening. I’ve tried nasal sprays. Steroids. Surgery. Nothing has helped. have you noticed your issue gets worse seasonally or after a workout?

• Posted

The feeling gets worse for me if i have a cold. When i go outside my left sinus starts dripping and my left eye also. Its gets worse when its cold. Sometimes the dripping starts when i am working out. No sneezing problems.

• Posted

Tommy- Sounds similar to me. Going on now over 2 years. Last night had felt pressure so no I slept on my back. I have tried many meds & seeing ENT. Some meds (antibiotic) can help some symptoms but never completely cure the issue- I get horrible nasal pressure & Septum can hurt & its one nostril that hurts. I get nervous & anxious. Had like 10 ENTs look into nose & inflamed looking but no obvious infection. I am at wits end.

• Posted

This problem have been with me since 2016 now and i have learnt to live with it. Doctors can't see any problems and i have just given up. It seems like there is some people with similar problems but i haven't read about anyone having a solution to the problem... It would be very interesting to know what actually cause this kind of feeling!

• Posted

Hi again,

yes agreed. I dont know exactly what you are feeling however I am feeling like I have something stuck in back if nose left side. My bad side. Its been the past 2 1/2 years of trying to figure out this weirdness. Is it a topical issue inside my nose? Is there damage from all if the endoscopes I have had? I have had many throughout the last 4 years. Recently had left maxillary sinus cleanout. Was there damage to the nasal skin from that? I have been labeled non allergic rhinitis years ago. So the back of nose is always inflamed. Currently started allergy shots, currently started Acid reflux over the counter medicine incase its that, tried biotic meds, I feel pressure left side as well. WTF is going on I am losing my mind & am seriously down. yes, will have to learn to live with it but we arent sure if i have so ething lowgrade chronic causing the issue. I do sinus rinsing every day. I have had 10 yes 10 ENT's look in my nose. Been working with 1 for over a year & he is now referring me to someone else. If its inflammatory sonething is causing it. I tried steroids as well. But one symptom again i do feel like something is stuck in back if nostril. maybe an exlarged turbinate or the inflammation. I get sensitivity with nose & cartilage as well. I wish this problem would end! I was dealing with my left maxillary issues which havent been resolved yet and then this happened. ugh depressed

• Posted

Your symptoms sounds very much like my own. They started with a sinusitis that became chronic and i have had this feeling since then. Now i don't even remember how it used to feel before. This is my new normal. Sad but true. It must be someone out there who have a solution to this? Or is it when you have your problem sorted out you don't report it in a forum on internet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.