Felt "Pop" in my head...haven't felt right sense

Posted , 40 users are following.

Hi guys.

Ok....so about 10 day ago, I was sitting at my kid's band camp meeting.

All of a sudden, I felt a "pop" in my head. The left uper side of my head to be exact. Feaked me ou!

I didn't feel any kind of "warm sensation" like blood pouring over my brain, or, any type of "fizzle" afterwards. It mostly just freaked me out, and then I started to "not feel right". So I sat there waiting for something bad to happen, but hoping it wouldn't!

Then, a few minutes later, another "pop" in my head around the same area. Started to REALLY freak out then! I was sure I was a goner!

I emediately got up and went to the car and we left and came home.

I laid down and tried to sleep it off.

Sense then, I've been having that "not right" feeing in my head.

Slight headache that seems to constantly come and go, even with taking Ibuprohpen. I can't seem to shake it, and the feeling of "not feeling right" seems to be permanent, and won't go away.

I fear it could be a brain tumor, or something, starting to show itseflf.

I plan to go to the Dr tomorrow to try and get him to send me for a CT scan or something. 

So, to sum this up....

*2 "pops" in my upper left head.

*Slight come and go constant headache.

*Constant "something's not right" feeling.

Thank you!!

Ricky

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi, hope you, found out what the Pop is, because mine usually feel like there is a Bubble in my brain, that pops, it happens pretty often and the Pain is Intense.

I recently found out I have a Tumor on my spine that is also associated with Brain Tumors and that at this point is a possibility.

I would have it checked, if they haven't already.

It took 2 MRI's and 4 month's, to Find a Large Tumor, on my Spine, at the same time my neck Locks to the left every things on the left and the Nerve or Blood Vessel that Pops, in my head. Doctors look at me like I am Crazy, but I was right to get these Test's.

Go with your Guy, because mine have been going o, for 5 years.

• Posted

this sort of thing just happened to me today! one moment Im a bit stressed and breathing while standing, and the next thing I look down and I feel and hear a sudden pop in my head but like near behind my right eye and I felt a very slight shock like not a painful shock but like a moment of a headache and I just went back to normal and now paranoid on what the heck that was

• Posted

hey the exact same thing happened to me. did you ever figure out what it was??

• Posted

hey!

ive been having awful headaches for 8 weeks now. they have been getting worse over time. i get burning behind my right eye and burning and stabbing on the right side of my head and the back of my head. i also have awful pressure and it feels like something is going to burst or pop. anyone had anything similar?

• Posted

hi ricky how ate felling after the popping in your head? i see that its an old post bit wanted to add that the same thing had happened to me today and im freaked out cause i suffer from anxiety and now this had got me scared thanks for your time

• Posted

This is so ironic to see someone experiencing this. The exact same thing happened to me in December. I still feel like something is not right. I'm having head and neck aches. If I bend over for anything I feel faint. I literally feel like I'm losing my mind, and yes it was scary. What could this be?

• Posted

i just had same thing just minutes ago! Sounded like a light bulb popped on right side inside my head. Now I feel like a slight draining in my ear, but nothing there. I thought this is crazy! Im totally freaking out also. On top of this my husband had heart attack today so he is having surgery in a few hours. Just got home hour ago to get some sleep. Its 6:30 a.m. Im home alone. No headache or anything. Vision is a little off. .... any one have any answers to this? I hope everyone is well. But WTH was that?

• Posted

hi sandy read on what is going in your life and sorry that your going through some tuff times . i what to say that i felt a pop also in my head on my right side a week ago and and went to the doc . and was no help , im sore form that inccident for a few days but i my obsevation that when im stressed, in the same spot on my head it aches with a throbbing feeling, when im calm it dosent bother me. i read that its not from inside the brain because if it were the symtoms would be like head ache like never felt before and blured vision, so it may be thin blood vessels that pop and we feel this pop in our head. but its not. my advise is do more reasurch. hope this sheds some light. my you and husband have a speedy recovery.

• Posted

This is an old post but wanted to share my experience as it may help someone. Had a similar experience. I also heard a pop in my head. Then shortly after, I had tinnitus, fluid in my ears, severe hyperacusis ( sound sensitivity), a very loud hissing noise in my head, my ears reacted to every sound. My ears were in pain almost all the time and there was a weird pulling sensation in my ears in addition to the pain.

Doctors were of no help. After some research, I discovered I may have had a CSF leak, and that the fluid was draining into my ears from my brain. the pop I heard my have been the dura of the brain tearing. After the tear then the fluid began to leak in my ears causing weird symptoms in my ears and head. You may not know you have fluid in your ears behind your eardrums, unless someone looks in your ears. the fluid may also be pooling in your sinuses, leaking out of your spinal cord, or other parts of your brain. if left untreated it can cause inflammation of the brain, or meningitis, which will also cause symptoms. sometimes the tear may heal itself.

i never had treatment for it, as it took 2 years to figure this out and by then symptoms had already subsided. seems like the tear healed itself.

Tumours can also cause a CSF leak, as the growth puts pressure on the dura. Doing strenous activities can also put pressure on the dura and facilitate the leak.

For the ringing in the ears, the only thing that seemed to work temporarily were corticosteroids. Also took lots of vitamins and antioxidants.

The ringing in the ears and other symptoms have stopped now, took about 2 years for that to happen.

• Posted

Hi Guys

I came across this post whilst searching for answers for my on-going health issues. So for about 9 months now I have been suffering from a variety of different symptoms which include severe headache, dizziness when getting up from bed, constant tinnitus (which gets really intense at times), achy/weakness in legs and just a general feeling of being unwell. However, prior to all this I was a very fit and active 40-year-old, doing a combination of lot of strength training and running.

But my issues came on all of sudden back in June 2019 when I experienced a popping sensation on the right side of my head whilst sitting at my desk at work, which then resulted in a disturbance in my vision and hearing and was momentarily motionless. This episode lasted around 5-10 seconds and once it was over and I regained my awareness, but I started to feel slightly unwell in myself. I just tried to continue with my work and when I got home my health continued to decline and I just assumed I was getting a cold.

The following morning upon getting up from bed and getting ready for work, I experienced dizziness and heart palpitations, which resulted in the ambulance being called. Now because of the symptoms I was showing at that time, the paramedics suspected I may be having a mini-stroke so was sent to AE. I had a CT scan of my head, which apparently didn’t show any signs of bleeding in the brain. I was eventually discharged, but from that point on-wards I have been living with a variety of different neurological and physical symptoms that I described above.

Because my symptoms continued to persist, I decided to go see a neurologist privately in July 2019, to get their opinion and his initial view was that I may be experiencing a migraine as all my physical observations seemed fine. But I was not convinced by this as I have never had migraines before, so to all of a sudden to start having one seemed unlikely to me.

I had blood tests done and all came back normal. I also had an MRI scan of my head and the results came back to suggest there was nothing serious found. They radiologist did notice in 3 different areas on my brain the presence of some “white matter”, which he considered were non-specific and the neurologist explained to me that this was nothing to worry about because if they scanned the head a random person of similar age on the street then they too would mostly likely similar white matter showing in their scan result. I visited this particular neurologist a number of times over the next few months and during that time my symptoms had calmed down a bit, but were not completely gone. He was of the opinion I was suffering from an anxiety disorder and the pop in the head may have been as a result of stress that has built up over time. He suggested I go to my GP and request he prescribe me some antidepressant (proxac), but I wasn’t keen on taking this approach especially as taking such a medication would bring about its own side effects.

By November 2019 I still wasn’t feeling right so I decided to get a second opinion and saw another neurologist. He arranged for me to have another set of blood tests done, which again came back fine but didn’t seen the need to get another head scan as he was confident of the opinion given by the radiologist of my initial scan back in July. He was of the opinion that I have may have picked up some virus back in June and that my body is taking its time to readjust and get back to normal and was confident that in time things would get better. I only had that one appointment with him and decided to see how I get in during the next few months.

During the last few months, I have tried to return to some level of physical activity such getting back in to lifting weights, running and even tried swimming. However, each time I tried this it caused me to take a step back in my recovery, as it seemed to trigger the head tension and would exacerbate the ringing sensation in my ears/head. So I decided to not do anything strenuous any more, but finding this a struggle especially when I use to be so active before.

This now takes me to present time and things still are not great. I am still living with a variety of symptoms, which are constant ringing/hissing sound in my ears/head, sensitivity to loud noise, weakness in my upper legs, experience random shaking of my left leg usually when sitting up in bed, joint ache in my hips, occasional dizziness, random break out in rash on arms mainly. I still get tension type headaches, although now they sort of come and go and may only last up to about a week (whereas initially I had the constant headache for about 3 months).

Now because the experts believe I am going through some type of anxiety disorder, which they say can manifest itself in physical symptoms I have been experienced, my GP has now suggested I try therapy, so I have now made an appointment to see a therapist. Although I am not convinced this will help, but at this stage I am willing to give anything a try and may even jump on the antidepressants!

Sorry for such a long post, but just wanted to share what I have been going through and hopefully there will be a light at the end of this journey for all of us.

• Posted

Hi,

after reading your comment I felt obliged to respond to it, since I have made quite similar experiences, and luckily found a solution for it.

My ordeal lasted for about two years, during which I visited many doctors with no solution. All results came back fine and everything pointed towards a psychosomatic explanation.

After some reading about possible remedies, I improved my diet, in the course of which I slowly realized that I was deficient in some nutrients. To sum it up, foods rich in Vitamin D, Magnesium and (in my case) especially Calcium rapidly improved my condition to the point where I don't show symptoms any longer.

Now I make sure to eat sardines (rich in vitamin D and calcium), and spinach (rich in magnesium and calcium) several times a week. Also I added drinking water rich in calcium to my diet, since I am not a fan of too much dairy (which is naturally high in calcium), except for some cheese in the morning.

This helped me, and I hope it will help you, as well.

• Posted

hi there! I'm not sure if you will see this or not but I was wondering if you have figured out what caused your headaches and the popping sound? are you still experiencing symptoms?

you explained my experience to a T even down to the white matter spot that the nuero said they would see on anyone.

• Posted

see a psychiatrist... not a psychologist, a psychiatrist

could be disassociative disorder. check to see if that matches you symptoms. but anytime youre not feeling right mentally you should see a psychiatrist

• Posted

I alsogad the same thing happen and i was freeked out to never have i had anythung like that happen to me still not feeling the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.