Funny tingling all over body

Posted , 93 users are following.

Hi everyone!

For about 6 weeks now, off and on, I've had this weird tingling all over my body.

At times it'll be concentrated in one place (like pins and needles) in both my feet or a hand or a shin. And then other times like tonight, it'll be like little sudden twitches of tingling...almost like a little buzzy, tingling insect. So tonight, buzz on my top lip and then my scalp and then my big toe and then my thumb and then my cheek. I go to scratch myself to make it stop (though it's definitely on the inside....not like a skin condition).

I went to the doctors about 4 weeks ago and he was very dismissive. Said it wouldn't be anything serious as neurological stuff would involve chronic persistent pins/needles in one specific area. I was texted for thyroid and glandular fever (as I mentioned I'd had a really bad cold and sore throat and that's when it seemed to have started). Both tests came back normal.

It's very annoying. I do have sciatica and wonder if that's causing it? The little tingles all over are keeping me awake right now!

Perhaps I should go back to the docs? To be honest, he made me feeling like a raving hypochondriac last time (despite the fact he could see from my records is not been to the doctors in over 10 years, apart from an A&E visit for a broken foot!).

Any ideas?

1 like, 199 replies

199 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Grace,

I had the same thing a few years ago...it was worse at night - couldn't sleep because the tingling felt like insects crawling all over me. It drove me crazy!  I had my thyroid checked and B12 and everything came out normal. What helped me was taking zinc pills.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi sgannon, I feel I have something similar to you pretty much same symptoms as you, I've been searching for answers for ages I have all sorts of tests, please help me, is it still happening? Have you had treatment? What tests have you had? Are you on any form of social media? I'm crying out for help here :-( I know that's same message I just sent grace but if we can talk would Be good, can you please describe symptoms exactly? We can do in private if you have a social media app or something? Had it completely gone? What's kind of zinc?

• Posted

Hi Shannon. I have had exactly the same symptoms for about 6 months now. It's driving me mad! What zinc tablets did you take? Are they still working? Thank you

• Posted

Do you have back pain aswell? What are your exact symptoms? are you on some form of social media? Maybe we could talk more in depth, what are your doctors saying???
    • Posted

Hi Shannon, Have you given Oriental Medicine a try?

My wife recovered from the tingling and nerve shocking sensation after seeing the Acupuncturist. Acu. is good at healing nerves system. There is some gas inside your nerve system that needs to be taken out of your body. And Acupuncturist is your helper.

• Posted

Omg I'm having the exact same issues! Please post if you find out anything! Someone told me it could be fibromyalgia acting up. I don't know but it's driving me crazy!

• Posted

Hi lyrica, I feel I have something similar to you pretty much same symptoms as you, I've been searching for answers for ages I have all sorts of tests, please help me, is it still happening? Have you had treatment? What tests have you had? Are you on any form of social media? I'm crying out for help here :-( I know that's same message I just sent grace but if we can talk would

Be good, can you please describe symptoms exactly? We can do in private if you have a social media app or something

• Posted

Hi grace, I feel I have something similar to you pretty much same symptoms as you, I've been searching for answers for ages I have all sorts of tests, please help me, is it still happening? Have you had treatment? What tests have you had? Are you on any form of social media? I'm crying out for help here :-(

• Posted

Try cutting out all kinds of fake sugar sweeteners such as sucralose. I used to chew a lot of trident cinnamon gum and when I quit that a lot of the tingly feelings went away.
    • Posted

Hi buddy, thanks anyway but I highly doubt that's it, I barely have any sugar, just raw sugar in my daily coffee, I seriously only drink water, a 600 ml bottle of fizzy drink can take me three weeks to finish on average, I barely drink beer or alcohol either so yeah I doubt that's it but thanks for tying to help, can't think of any other fake sugars I have

• Posted

Hi Sam, did you ever get tested for parasites? Your symptoms sound much like it (I know it sounds horrible but better be safe than sorry!) I have read and heard that with certain parasites people can literally feel them "crawling" through their body and feels like a tingling, buzzing or crawling/tickling sensation. I'm not sure why the doctors don't even think about this. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi, what is the test for that? I had a full blood test and it came back "all good"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.