Getting banded up on the 31st!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey guys and gals.

Ive been reading this forum for a while but with my date due at the end of the month I thought I would join and ask for some tips post op. I'm in the middle of my pre-op diet at the moment and I'm doing just fine with it, protien shakes and soups have great and kept me going! Whats it like after? I've seen people on here have had immediate regrets but long term have been happy, also wanted to know if anyone else is due to go in around the same time.

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

And don't go watching any of the yummy cheffy programmes on the telly, whatever you do!
  • Posted

Funny you should say that, I'm currently watching"fat, sick and nearly dead" with a green smoothie smile
  • Posted

Hi I am having my band tomorrow, am hoping that mine will go as smoothly as yours!!
  • Posted

Nicola, Vanessa

I wish you both the very best tomorrow, I'm sure you will both be just fine. I had read a lot of concerning stuff before going in for my op so I was pretty much expecting horribleness for the first few weeks but I am 24 hours out of hospital and haven't taken any pain killers today at all! I think sometimes the forums are flooded with the unlucky seeking help and it makes the recovery phase look terrible.

My advice would be to grab some windeze and some gripe water as you get pumped full of air and you need help getting it up to feel better.

Anyway, let me know how you both get on, where and when are you due to go in?

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice....no luck finding any windeze but the Gripe Water sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like you are recovering really well, thats smashing to know.

Keep up the good work xxxx

• Posted

Hi Thank you for the advice, will pick up some windeze tomorrow on way to clinic.  How long are you having off work as I am not sure what to take.  Am going to the Nuffield in southampton for my op.  Good luck Vanessa!!
    • Posted

I have looked in several places, Chemist and Supermarket, and cant find any Windeze....lol.

Im thinking that two weeks out of action should be plenty. im going to the Nuffield at Taunton.

Good Luck Nicola xxxx

• Posted

I am only off work until Wednesday however I will then be working from home for the rest of the week. That's the plan anyway!

Good luck to both of you! Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Hi all, 23 hours and counting until I check in at the clinic. I am nervous but, when I've thought about it, I think the butterflies I'm feeling are more excitement than anything else. As I've explained to my friend at work (who's a nurse) I feel like I'm having the willpower installed that I've never been able to find. I know I can lose half a stone without much trouble, as I have over the last fortnight on the pre-op diet. But I also know that without this wonderful band, I would put it back on next month and more, so my mind is set and I know, after much soul searching,  this is the best thing for me.
  • Posted

well Had my Band op yesterday. have'nt suffered with any wind so far. I did get out and walk around as soon as I got back to the ward so maybe this helped. Im off home in a couple of hours.

My tummy is sore but not unbearable. Hope everything is going well for you all xxxx

could anyone recommend some nice soups please? x

• Posted

Congratulations!  i made my own slimming world butternut squash soup - any M&s soup - some nice flavours - just remember to blend them so theres no lumps - you may need to add a bit of water to water them down too x 
    • Posted

thanks for the reply Jebo2106....looking forward to having some soup x
    • Posted

Congrats Vanessa! Sounds like you've come out of it well! As for soups I've been having healthy living tomato soups from Tesco; they aren't too bad, I've also been making green smoothies with protein powder, that way it should prevent muscle loss during the recovery period
  • Posted

Oh remember all of you to take your vitamins an calcium tablets or liquid form (however you take them) as  we need them now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.