Globus?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I suffer with bad anxiety I am having a ultra sound Thursday on my throat but I just wanted to see if any one thinks it's what I have, I have this lump/clicking feeling in my throat, no visible lumps or swollen glands I have it on my right side and only feel it really when I'm looking left and swallowing it doesn't affect my eating or drinking but my neck muscles feel so tight on that side, I'm only 26 with a 19 month old son I'm so scared! Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, I am sorry you are going through this. It could well be. Anxiety can really wreck havoc with your body. Tight muscles can cause so many symptoms too.

I also suffer from anxiety and have a baby. I try to focus on how lucky I am to have her when I have a bad day to put things in to perspective. It's not easy. Hope it works out for you. I am sure if your ultrasound is clear you will feel some relief. If you get your head around the fact that these symptoms can be caused by anxiety and not something else that can help too. All the best and keep us posted.

• Posted

Thank you for responding I have had it constant for 2 weeks now it's so annoying my doctor has referred me to speak to someone to see if that helps also upped my medication from 20mg to 40mg citalapram it's very frustrating isn't it, I've had anxiety for 4 years and never had this before I did the wrong thing by going on Google when it first happened and it said throat cancer! Just wish it would go away 😓 xx

• Posted

Hi Charlotte. I have been a sufferer of Globus for over a year now. I went to my Doctor thinking it was something bad and that's when he diagnosed me with depression and anxiety. My throat feels exactly like yours does and its brought on by anxiety. Days when my anxiety is low I don't notice it but when its high I feel it. Good luck with your ultra sound but I'm sure it will be fine. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you, I hope it starts to clear when I've been for my ultra sound as every morning I wake up having a panic attack because my throat is so dry and it hurts I keep getting a tingle in my cheek pain in my ear and my muscels in my chin/ under my to inge ache like mad feel likes it's locking 😣 it's awful xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.