had gallbladder out 2nd march 2017 and still getting pain?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone thought i would do another post as i had my gallbladder out due to gallstone nearly 2 weeks ago and im still getting pain. Im still having pains where the gallbladder was and right side back pain which still gets very bad sometimes. Sometimes its after i have eaten and im still on a very low fat diet and watch what i eat and some times it starts when i have been walking etc or sometimes it comes on and i dont know what has made it come on? I also still get tired and weak and my stomach makes very starnge noises and feels sometimes that it is not digesting well now. I also have been having some headaches and feeling sick? has anyone else felt like this and is this normal healing symptoms from gallbladder surgery and is it still very soon after the surgery or will this last? please any help would be great thanks xx

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Carmella, it's still early days for you.  Internally it can take 6-8 weeks to heal, or longer, depending on your age, health and physical condition.

So, try to take it easy and just give yourself some time to rest and heal. xx 

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply. im so happy you said that i was really hoping it was because its still early days. this has made me feel better thankyou xx
    • Posted

H Carmella,

You're welcome! It's natural to be concerned about your health--especially after surgery, but your body just needs to heal...

Wishing you all the best! xxx 

• Posted

i get so worried just incase something else happens and if this is normal to feel like this still. thankyou so much for your messages xx
    • Posted

Will do lynda im resting alot now and just taking it easy and hopefully things will get better xx
  • Posted

I feel very similar. Going on two years in June since I had my GB out. Good luck
    • Posted

hi patricia thats not good i hope things get abit better for you. Have you been back to the gp or hospitial to try and find out what is going on? xx
    • Posted

Hi Carmela

Yes I've been to many doctors including the surgeon who took my GB out. That's why I'm on this site hoping someone would find a solution to the under right side rib pain

• Posted

hi patricia i spoke to my doctor to he said its to soon because its only been 2 weeks but i can phone back if it gets worse or stays for more then another 2 weeks. I really feel sorry for you that this has been going on for 2 years what kind of symptoms do you still get etc? i really hope we find some answers so people who still have pain can get help because its not fair living in pain like this all the time xx
    • Posted

Your very kind Carmela,

I've even been to Mayo Clinic. They diagnosed me with thoracic pain. When I got back home I followed up with nerve block , 2 epidurals and 20 physical therapy appointments. Didn't take the pain away. They sent me to an orthopedic surgeon who sent me for CT scan of ribs and MRI of the thoracic. He said he didn't see anything that should be causing my pain and he even said he doesn't even see a thoracic problem. Very defeating. He was the one who told me to go back to surgeon. The surgeon was terrible. He had a chip on his shoulder and had no interest in finding out why I have this pain. I went to a doctor who mixes traditional and non traditional medicine. They were wonderful. Diagnosed me with floating rib syndrome. Went to chiropractor and did excersises. Still pain. I've given up for now. I take about 9 tramadol a a day and sometimes ibuprophen with it. The pain I have is under my right side ribs that goes right through into my back. It gets really bad and is pretty much constent. I forgot to mention that after GB removal I had the sphincter of Oddi surgery. It's really been horrible. No doctor wants to spend any amount of time trying to figure this out. They just send you a bill and tell you to go to a different doctor. I appreciate your kindness.

• Posted

thankyou so much your very kind to for helping me by your replys. I know what you means with doctors and hospitals it always takes so long to get an answer or if any answers at all and then people are just left in pain having to take meds that end up not working well and still not knowing what is going on. Its our lifes and its unfair we have to live in this pain with out any answers. I feel so sorry for you having to go through so much pain for 2 years and still they have not found anything that helps. im really scared of getting the sphincter of oddi ive read that is really painful.  I really hope you get some answers soon. im going to call my doctors again if my symptoms dont carm down and get this checked out if i find out any answers ill let you know smile xx

• Posted

Thanks so much. I'm very sorry your goi g through the pain as well. Where is your pain again? Sorry I've read so many posts.

• Posted

its ok thankyou aswell smile My pain is where my gallbladder used to be and i get really bad pains on the right side of my back and up to my shoulder sometimes to. im also scared of eating much still as i dont know if its going to make the pain worse and i feel sick sometimes i also get headaches and feel tired and weak. what kind of symptoms do you get still? xx

• Posted

Pretty much the same as you. Before I had my GB out I didn't feel bad. It started as a side ache. I can describe it as yes maybe I did need my GB out but what caused it is what I feel I have now yet that can't diagnose. I'm thinking I should have another endoscopy to see if they see anything. I don't have much faith in doctors anymore. I've been through so much yet I still feel bad most of the time. I work 3 days a week with kids under age 5. I'm 56 years old. I can't imagine living for 20 more years like this. I take about 9 tramadol a day. Hope you feel better soo .

• Posted

Its so horrible i totally understand i have a son to and his one but im lucky as my partner and family have been really helping. I know what you mean that you dont want to live the rest of your life like this that is what im also scared of if this does not go away. Its only been just over 2 weeks since i had mine out but i really hope things start to get better otherwise its back to going back to doctors etc and they seem to never find the answers etc. i hope you find out whats going on soon and feel better also xx
    • Posted

hi patricia i just wanted to write to you to see how you have been getting on and have you found anything that has helped your pain? im still in pain also and had my gallbladder out 2nd of march.

ive got pain under the right rib and where gallbladder was and also goes around my right side and into my back. i still have toilet problems which gps keep saying it will settle? i have a meeting with the surgern again in june but i dont think they are going to help much. ive had a ultrasound after the surgery and they found a clip and thought it was in the wrong place but when they told the surgerns they said they always put a clip in? so now im stuck not knowing what to do really.

are you still getting pains etc and if you are what kind of symptoms are you still getting? x

• Posted

Hi Carmella

I still do have the under rib pain and back still. The last resort was going to a chiropractor and massage therapy . I've been going for about 6 weeks. It is helping. Still taking tramadol and I use an ice pack instead of heating pad. I don't understand why doctors have no idea what this is when so many people complain of the same pain. Thankfully I don't have bathroom issues. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi hun thankyou for replying. i know what you mean i dont understand how no doctors or surgerns seem to no a answer to this when like you said there is so many people with these symptoms. im still having to take pain meds to and i thought by now i really would not of had to. Ill keep you updated when i have my next appoinments but im not sure if ill get any answers. hope you feel better soon hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.