Had pip assessment Waiting decision

Posted , 58 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new here..I'm claiming PIP as I can't work due to my bipolar,I had the ATOS assessment a month ago and a text from DWP a week ago to say they have all they need and are making a decision,I have been beside myself with worry,anybody assure me at all that it won't be much longer?

Thank you

6 likes, 233 replies

233 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I really hate all this waiting game and getting worried about what might happen, it shouldn't be like this really if you get PIP or DLA and you know there are never gonna be any changes you should get this for life I think

• Posted

You're right,it's such a worry..they don't realise how hard this process is for genuine claimants at all,things seem to be getting hard enough every day as it is without this kind of stress on top.

• Posted

to be honest it is making me ill worse than I have ever been. 
    • Posted

I can fully understand that sfarrell, just hang on in there my friend, which is what I am trying to do x
    • Posted

f you get PIP or DLA and you know there are never gonna be any changes you should get this for life

Wasn't that the problem with DLA? Very few checks were made at regular intervals. If you had an improvement or better drugs that helped you cope better would you have volunteered to tell the DWP when on DLA? Many kept quiet knowing that there was very little chance of being caught.

Whilst PIP was brought out to save money it also helped satisfy the general public opinion that most benefit claimants were scroungers. Being re-assessed helps to catch out those that don't tell the DWP about any improvement.

• Posted

Never got DLA its PIP straight away for me I live in the north east so must have all changed up here now
    • Posted

Ah I see. PIP is set up to regularly test you against the descriptors every few years. Given that, there is no way that a life award could be made.

DLA was different - once you got it most people received an indefinite award (life time) with very few claimants ever being checked again.

• Posted

The DLA award that I had, didn't say indefinite, it actually said 'for life' and unfortunately my situation has only worsened over the years since then and will continue to do so especially at 68 years of age. 

I'm not expecting much quite honestlyu, after reading about other people who situations have worsened over the years, yet a PIP assessment miraculously made them better.

• Posted

Just received this text from DWP anyone know the timescale for that letter to arrive???

We've now got all the info we need to decide your PIP claim. We will send you a decision letter once we've made our decision. Please call us if any details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

• Posted

Indefinite/for life in DWP language means the same. Yes I had 'for life awards' back in the mid/late 90's but that didn't stop them re-assessing me every couple of years - with their excuse that it was simply to see if I was entitled to the right level of award. They then became 'indefinite'.

At the end of the day they have scrapped DLA for working age claimants and replaced it with PIP. Having a life award of something that no longer exists for those who were under 65 on the 8th April 2013 isn't really worth anything anymore.

Those who just happen to be 65 by that date do keep their DLA and will not currently have to claim PIP even if their health deteriorates. They simply have a review of their problems under the old DLA rules.

• Posted

Maybe they are waiting / hoping that we will pop our clogs soon, so what's the point in giving us an award.  I'm not looking forward to my face to face and as it's 9am I just hope they've not had an argument with their spouse / partner or got out of bed the wrong side!!

• Posted

Hi Dawn,I received the exact same text on the 2/6/16

And then a text yesterday 4/7/16 saying we have decided you are entitled to personal independence payments,we will pay your first payment within 2 weeks.

To which I called to see what the actual outcome was,I still haven't received the letter and they said the decision was made on the 2/7/16.

• Posted

I'm sorry Dawn,  I have no idea I'm afraid as I've not reached that stage yet, but there are some really helpful and knowledgeable people on here, so I'm sure it won't be long before you get your answer.  I hope the outcome is good for you.

• Posted

I rang them this morning an hour before i got the text to see if they had received any thing and they said no then i get this text
    • Posted

Did they tell you what your entitled to on the phone x dont want to know how much just just a yes or no x
    • Posted

It probably wasn't on the system yet dawn,they would automatically send the text when the report was scanned into the department,

But yes they did tell me I got the enhanced daily care but nothing for mobility,and although the text said I should have a payment within 2 weeks the lady on the phone said I was scheduled to be paid on the 7th. So only 3 days from decision to payment.

• Posted

My claim is to report a change of circumstance so im a bit worried they are going to stop it they say i can either have it stopped or get the same or the higher rate im expecting them to stop it so thats why im nervous my condition has got worse but the nurse didnt seem bothered
    • Posted

Dawn,if your worried then you can call and ask for a copy of your assessment report..to give you an idea of what the nurse recommended? That's what I done so I kind of knew what I was going to get. They sent mine within 3 days.

• Posted

Just rang dwp they said they cant send me a report till they made a desision on my claim
    • Posted

Wow that's rubbish!

I'd call tomorrow you might get a different person on the phone,I definitely got mine well before the decision,as have many people on here.

• Posted

Morning tracy69588 i rang dwp this morning and they are sending me a report through in 3-5 working days x

Thanks for the help

• Posted

Oh that's brilliant,fingers crossed for you it's gone in your favour x

• Posted

Hi tracy

I know its a bit late to reply but I'm new here I've just seen this .

you said you had got a good report from the assessor , I've got my report and it seems good she ticked all the boxes I would have ticked myself more or less.

Did the decision maker agree with the HP report and give you the points that you thought you should get from the boxes the assessor had ticked?

And  did the Hp say on your report  that it is reasonable to think that she could not do this activity?

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if the DM went against anything the HP had put on the report .

thanks

• Posted

Hi,

I'm in the same position. Got a letter on Saturday saying ' sorry it's taking so long for a decision but as soon as we have one we'll let you know'. It's been three weeks since my assessment.

I've called a couple of times and have been told that its on the decision makers desk but decisions are made on date order.

Totally ridiculous the time scales, perhaps employ more staff?

• Posted

I got the same letter on Saturday saying the same thing so it looks like it gonna be another long wait sheepiene55
    • Posted

Totally ridiculous the time scales, perhaps employ more staff?

They used to - many more and not just within the DWP.

Not that long ago, people were complaining that there were too many civil servants all enjoying the gravy train of a first class pension and guaranteed employment.

You can't please everybody all of the time!

• Posted

Hiya 

same here I've been waiting 6 weeks now I'm thinking of ringing tomorrow, but I've heard it can be taking 8 to 10 weeks.

• Posted

I rang them about an hour ago and asked for a copy of my assessment report, the person I spoke with said she would put a request through for me. I know my assessment was only last week, but thought the sooner I receive it, the better.  
    • Posted

Yeah at least you will know if it's good or not , hope it's okay for you .

• Posted

Crikey. .I suppose it depends where you live, I'm in East Sussex. Doesn't do well for the nerves..

• Posted

Thank you nicolette, I was shaking whilst on the phone and the person on the other end asked me if I was ok.  Pathetic aren't I.

• Posted

Not at all sukes , I'm sure we're all the same it's a terrible time , it's the not knowing and hoping I won't have to appeal, it's awful .

• Posted

I did that the 1st time round and a copy of my assessment letter came b4 my decision letter so I new by that I'd been successful

• Posted

Attendance allowance should be applied for those over 65
    • Posted

It does indeed but also those who generally need it are loosing it too.
    • Posted

There moving the goal post all the time to make near impossible for genuine claimants we need to all be hounding the Secretary of State and are MPs. Surly the amount of reconsideration s and appeal s tell u who are any arnt genuine
    • Posted

Hi Sukes,, I know a year has gone by looked through all the forum couldn't  see your decision  what happened...I had awful assessment shouting at me making personal comments all the way through took 2hours kept calm..4 weeks later get letter they have  all the information to make a decision no need to contact them....its been nearly 4 weeks since then still waiting.. which ever way decision goes I will be reporting the nurse that I had for the assessment. When i got home I noted what she said her manner and complared it with the information booklet that I got from atos...I was treated the opposite... I knew if i had stopped the interview my dla would have been stopped.. It was like an interegation... but I would not allow her to put words into my mouth..I have been on dla both high rates since 1998 due to ongoing illnesses..I will also if not successful be appealing... this is so unfair to be treated so disrespectfully and in an undignifed manner...Please let me know how you got on.I have just found this site today....

• Posted

Hi Jacky,

has it really been a year eek  I was an absolute wreck waiting for my decision, but it eventually came through in my favour.  On DLA I was getting middle rate care and High rate Mobility, but on PIP I am now getting the high rate on both and it was awarded for 10 years, a big relief.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough time, what is it with some of these assessors!!  Have you phoned the DWP and asked for a copy of the assessors report, I rang them just a few days after my face to face.  If the decision doesn't come back in your favour, it might be a good idea to start a new thread as there are some brilliant people here, (especially Denise) who are very knowledgeable of the process and will be able to advise you.  I really hope it goes well, come back and let us know x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.