Haemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag Removal Recovery

Posted , 38 users are following.

Hi,

I’m now Day 5 post Hemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag removal. I’ve read a lot of threads on here from others who went through it and have found some useful and reassuring information. They’re all a few months (or years!) old now and I wondered if there was anyone out there going through it now or more recently that would be willing to share their experience?

I think I’ve been quite lucky in that my issue was mainly a large Skin Tag from post birth haemorroids but I did have a couple of internal haemorroids that were done at the same time. 

It would be nice to know that some time soon, I’ll be able to poo without feeling like a freight train is splitting me open! 

Thanks,

Lolly x

0 likes, 170 replies

170 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I had 3 moved internal and 4 for the outside I am on my 4 month this week my best week,never had pain like it been back in hospital twice and Dr out 3 times ,the loo does get better you just don't have to push yourself to much, i made a appointment to see surgeon after 5weeks she was no good at all told me i was just one of the unlucky ones and walk out ,left me in tears my husband was disgusted good luck hope you feel better soon .

• Posted

Wow Im so sorry to hear you r having such a hard time also..

Im believe Im an unlucky one as well.. Stupid surgeon told me one week n I'd be back to work.. Hell ya its 6 weeks going on 7.. I tried working this week. Today im in so much pain I feel like I did the first week of surgery.

And Im thinking im very unlucky as this surgery did not correct the issue just made it worse.

Im still taking perks which i hate taking any meds always been healthy for my age of 56 with the exception of being constipated all my life and i eat healthy. I guess life is trying to kick me down as I age. I refuse to let it. But this This is getting the best of me.

Get well soon my friend.. Life can really suck. Seems to happen to the best of us.

• Posted

hello, it does get better, I am 4 weeks ahead of you, the first 2 weeks were misery, and that was using the maximum amount of pain meds, take loads of lactulose, avoid too many solid foods, stick to soups, alternate between using a ice pack and a hot water bottle, bath your bottom several times a day, I used a big bowl for this, go pant free to air the area, use a disinfectant to gently dab the area after your bathing , I used iodine because it kills bacteria, I am now able to poo without pain, took 4 weeks! But the bowel movements are sudden and unannounced so I have set up what I affectionately call poo stations in the house, which consists of loads of plastic bags and wipes and toilet rolls, what did help allot was using a cotton wool bud dipping it in vaseline and gently inserting it into my anus and gently swirling it around to lubricate the sore area and provide a barrier between the poop and the wound, drink loads of water and herbal tea, forget about sitting on the loo, just do it where ever it starts, relax and breath deep, I have pooped in my kitchen, bath, patio, etc.... you just have to go with it, I now have better control but the first month you have to just be happy its working!
    • Posted

Omg I’m about 10 weeks post op and also experiencing the lack of warning or not much warning b4 a bm

Does this get better????   I’m a bit worried I wouldn’t like this to go on really..

I prob have to work on my pelvic floors too as I gave birth 3 months ago 

What does ur dr say abt this?? 

Xx

• Posted

how was recovery from skin tag removal?

i am going to get mine removed caused from a fissure.

• Posted

• Posted

Came across this thread as I am researching these procedures for skin tag (developed from old hemmoroid from 2 pregnancies). How are you feeling these days? Hopefully mainly recovered?
    • Posted

Hi, I came across this because I was looking to read the experiences of others, mainly about the pain after, I’m just over a week after having 2 large skin tags removed (from post pregnancy roids) I only have 1 bm a day (thank god) & that feels like I’m being opened up again each time, there’s blood but that’s getting less, it was literally dripping out of me for first few days, but the pain lasts for hours after, I was starting to wonder if some nerve damage has been caused but it seems from what others are saying quite normal,, are you about to gave this done? Or thinking about it? 

• Posted

I had my roids removed 14 months ago. Since then I have been back in hospital for Botox treatment because my BMs have been so excruciating due to anal fissures caused by surgery. I was completely unprepared for the pain And recovery of this procedure and would not recommend it to anyone  unless  absolutely necessary .I live in hope that eventually I’ll come right but wish I never had the surgery as I only had a “moderate “ problem to start with!! I am perhaps extreme case of slow recovery but it’s a very nasty procedure where the recovery and pain levels are very understated.
    • Posted

Hello..sorry for delayed reply as I have been on travel past few months. I have appt to see what my options are but I am scared to do anything surgical to area given my history with hemorrhoids and fissures. Let me know how your recovering these days? Any tips or feedback?

Thanks!

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

I am on a slow recovery and perhaps for some reason my issues are just plain   bad luck. The point is my problem was only moderate and I just thought I would get them fixed as part of a colonoscopy procedure. I didn't look into the pain\recovery at all but had I known I think I would not have bothered . My view is that unless the problem is a daily issue or at every least ongoing interfering with your daily life, be weary of the operation and don't underestimate the recovery\pain factors. I now take a high fibre (Metamucil) drink 3x a day to keep things "soft" which is helping. Fissure has still not healed though but it is slowly improving. Stay away from fatty\fried foods (chips\fries) and Pizza, Pastry etc....as these seem to make life "harder" if you get my drift. All the best if you decide to proceed.

• Posted

i am going to get mine removed caused from a fissure. did your fissure heal from botox? i just had botox

• Posted

Hi there iv just come accross this thread! The only one iv found online actually that sounds like what im going through, i’m 8 days post op and still bleeding constand so still wearing pads and going to the toilet is absolutely hell for me gets me close to tears just wondering what the average healing time is then? I just want to look forward to it being back to not feeling like iv just given birth out of my back side haha sorry! But its so painful hours after bm & it seems like my surgeon actually just cut one of my skin tags in half and removed the other, really strange and painful. When did you ladies get back to normality and it didnt feel sore in general? Not just having bm i mean x

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.