Haemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag Removal Recovery

Posted , 38 users are following.

Hi,

I’m now Day 5 post Hemorroidectomy and Anal Skin Tag removal. I’ve read a lot of threads on here from others who went through it and have found some useful and reassuring information. They’re all a few months (or years!) old now and I wondered if there was anyone out there going through it now or more recently that would be willing to share their experience?

I think I’ve been quite lucky in that my issue was mainly a large Skin Tag from post birth haemorroids but I did have a couple of internal haemorroids that were done at the same time. 

It would be nice to know that some time soon, I’ll be able to poo without feeling like a freight train is splitting me open! 

Thanks,

Lolly x

0 likes, 170 replies

170 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just wanted to check how you were getting on? I am 7 days post op and wondering how long I should expect to continue bleeding and feeling constant pressure out my backside?

I am taking lactolose twice daily which helps with BM but am really tender still and sore walking and sitting.

Would feel better if I had been properly warned about the length of recovery time....my after care leaflet said bleeding for two days, back to work after a week. I wish!!!

Any light at the end of my (very painful) tunnel?

• Posted

hello! I'm 3 days post-op after removal of a peri-anal skin tag. I have had painful BM's everyday since! not to mention i stuffed my face after a 3 day visit to my moms prior to surgery under the assumption that I'd be given that special drink to flush me out which I did not! Also, i find it odd that the doctor didn't prescribe me antibiotics or stool softener? Anyone else? I was only given pain meds and ointment. I've been on a liquid/soft food diet plus stool softener so hopefully my stools will soften up.

• Posted

hey! I had a peri-anal skin tag removed 5 days ago. The doctors didn't prescribe me a stool softener either; they said that unless I suffer from constipation there is no need. Mine have been soft so far but oh my goodness - the sting I feel after a bowel movement is horrendous. The sting is in the area between anus and vagina. Really awful pain. I don't suppose you've had a look at your surgery site have you? I know I probably shouldn't have, but I looked at mine in the mirror today and unfortunately it looks the same as it did before surgery! I hope I'm not going through all of this for nothing..... hopefully it's just swollen but it's been 5 days now so I thought swelling would have gone down.

• Posted

im 3.5 weeks post op. my swelling is finally subsiding. Stool is normal until yesterday when i gad a hard stool and i began to bleed. and them again this morning. i called the doctor yesterday and the nurse says i may have scratched a scab. still worrisome especially for it to happen again today. BUT my butt looks normal. yay for that

• Posted

hi, how was recovery from skin tag removal ?

i am wanting to get mine removed caused from a fissure.

• Posted

I'm having 4 moderate anal tags removed in 2 weeks (thanks to pregnancy hemorrhoids) and I'm so scared!

reading this thread has made me even more worried but hearing some tips has helped.

Anyone else not have stitches? I've been told the wounds will be left open because of the infection risk with stitches.

Anything I should be buying before surgery to be prepared ...like a special soap or toilet paper or something.....trying to imagine wiping my bum with open wofunds...honestly dont understand how you can wipe poo off a open wound...

• Posted

i had 2 very large ones removed a year ago, no stitches they laser them off & that kind of cauterizes them so there were 2 open wounds which looked horrendous, i had no pain for a few days & thought oh this is great but that must have been to do with the anasthetic, then it was very sore but managable,, but going to the toilet was awful, it made me bleed badly where the healing wounds opened again, that gradually got better over about 2 weeks, as for wiping i wet the toilet paper & soaped it a little so it cleaned without wiping too hard,,, the wounds took a while to heal, maybe 6/8 weeks, there were 'marks' left for a few months but now theres no sign, i have a perfect bum! lol,, after all that id still do it again, was definatly worth it

• Posted

Hello , I had 2 external skin tags removed 2 days ago i feel no pain at all maybe i am one of the lucky ones the most pain i felt was 2/10 when i pooped. I have gone on liquid died and it has helped me a lot i dont take any pain medicine because it does cause constipation. DON'T GET constipated and you wont feel any pain. ONE of my skin tags was very big it was the size of my thumb nail.

• Posted

Hello,

i know this thread is older but im hoping maybe you (or someone else) can answer.

a week and 2 days ago i had anal skin tag removed, numbed the location and cut it off and used sutures, I had hemorrhoids from my pregnancy. I did get 5 sutures. So far, 3 fell out.

But, when im having a BM, I swear it feels like I am being ripped open and theres always lots of blood. Did anyone have that? If so, how long did it last?

I did look after it it does seem like it split open. I am waiting to hear back from my doctor but just wanted to know what others went through.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

I was one of the unlucky one's who had a tough time. I had my op on the 8th April and it took a good month before BM became easier than labour! I still have some blood every now and then but otherwise am healed. It took me about 6 weeks to be nearly back to normal with some tenderness.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a simpler life after xxx

• Posted

hi,

how is recovery going?

i am wanting to get my skin tag removed left from a fissure.

• Posted

hi dear! i had the same issue and now im 7 weeks post surgery i still get odd pains and its sore, how long did it take for u to go back to normal? thanks!

• Posted

hi dear! im at 7 weeks post big sentinel pile removal and its still painful and tender.. dr says its normal until 12 weeks... how long did it take u? im having to work from home to avoid sitting for long periods of time until now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.