Hard Time.......

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had been doing so much better until Saturday. Started with feeling so tired and then twice that day feeling like I was going to pass out with my face on fire, no sweating, and a super sick tummy. Started feeling better Saturday night and only had one brief period Sunday feeling like I would pass out again but not as bad. Monday I just worried that it would happen again. Today, tuesday, was ok until this afternoon when I just feel jittery, sad, tired and scared. Anxious. I hate this feeling. Had another episode of dizziness/pass out, face on fire crying and scared and weepy. I am now afraid that any second that feeling will.happen again. I am 45 and been going through peri for about 4 or 5 years. I have had my thyroid, heart and digestive tract thoroughly chexked out and they are fine. I have been working so hard to get my anxiety under control and been feeling so much better. So hard to go back wards. Just makes me so sad.is this hormones? Is this anxiety? Both? It's still hard not to let my mind run away with thoughts of all the things that could be wrong with me. Anybody feel this way? Hardest couple days I have had in a long long time. I don't know if i am strong enough to do this again.

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had the face burning a few weeks ago Deardoe it scared me thinking it was the start of a stroke but it went after a week it seemed to go. I don't pass out but I'm sure someone on here the other day said they passed out too,I just get really lightheaded and dizzy losing my balance sometimes i think it may be the combination of both peri and anxiety. I don't know if you or any one else can relate to this  but I can go to sleep at night then sleep for 2 plus hours in the day!! are you taking anything at all my love to help you get through this? you are strong enough and you will get through it 

• Posted

Thanks Due. I wrote a post to you but it is being looked at so if you end up with two, that's why. Lol. I take Buspar, meditate and see a counselor biweekly. Those things have really helped me along with changing my outlook and not letting my fear and anxiety rule what I am thinking about. Things had gotten so much better, in fact, that I have women in my area coming to me for supprt and guidance with both menapause and anxiety and I have started a support group. I do not know why the last 3 days have been so much worse, but I guess I shall just accept it and keep on keeping on. I really appreciate you and everyone on heres kind words and stories. With the exception of 1, i have found everyone to be so kind. That helps. We all have our moments when we falter and need another to lean on for a moment. Thanks. smile

• Posted

Dear DearDoe. just remember hun, we are not robots, & when we have been strong for a while, especially when having been blessed with helping other people, its really deflating & hard to deal with when we have dips/lows after doing so well for a while. like you said in other posts, focus on how well you HAVE done, & accept this is just a dip, & you will get back to where you were. i have been doing great on hrt since april with all my peri symptoms, despite other illness with bowel conditions, but this last 4wks have been difficult for me. the irregular bleeding i was getting before hrt has returned for most of the last 4wks bar a few days, & has got moderate to heavy for the last week. I've also had some horrendous headaches that last all day & will not go from dawn til dusk despite painkillers (6 allday headaches in last 10 days) & these had completely stopped since i started hrt. to top it all, i think i may be coming down with shingles (could also explain headaches)!!! so whilst my mental symptoms are on the whole still in control, some of the peri symptoms have returned with a vengeance & i have no idea why except hormone fluctuations. me & my lovely doc are keeping a watchful eye on the bleeding & i am having another tv ultrasound in october anyway. so in a nutshell hun, i have been strong & positive like you, but when we get setbacks like this, try not to let it eat you up, try to forge on & remember how well/give yourself credit for how well you have progressed. I think its wonderful you have started an anxiety support group, as talking about anxiety is key to not bottling up & expressing feelings & take away any potential stigma anxiety sufferers often have (feeling unable to talk about it ). you are absolutely right this forum is great - i find it very rewarding to help ladies, discuss things, help myself from other ladies advice & tips; & whilst i am off sick from work it has been a welcome distraction to take my mind off my illness for a little time each day. Everyone is lovely on here with the exception of the obvious one who i would just ignore. sadly you're not the only one to be at the brunt of that one. Take care hun, be kind to yourself, &  i truly hope your dip is temporary & your obvious strength will help you to pick yourself up again very soon. xxx

• Posted

Thank you Loo. What a lovely response. I agree so much with everything you said. For me, my big hurdle is believing that whatever it is whether it be anxiety or menapause or a combo, is not going to.kill me. If i could make that jump I would be so much better off. Instead, when I get the pass oit thing that is so scary my fear takes over and away I go. Takes me a couple days to get it back together. I am talking to my therapist today so I will see what she says. Thanks for your kind words and I hope things start to turn around again for you. smile

• Posted

I agree with loo that the anxiety support group is great. When I do get out and around people, I am constantly wondering where the other anxiety sufferers like me are. Are they all hiding behind a smile. I know I try to, and when someone calls or stops to talk to me (including my husband) I put on the bravest face I can muster up bc I don't want to be "Debbie downer" all the time. I can do that by myself at home. Lol. Anyways, this group of ladies on here are my support group and I am thanking the good Lord for that

• Posted

Dear DearDoe, you are sooooo welcome hun. alot of it is about acceptance of being stuck with peri, & trying to alleviate the symptoms by any means possible, & accepting & recognizing the symptoms that are left - it helps to stop being so anxious about them if you know what & why. also if you are a naturally anxious person prone to anxiety, again controlling that as best possible with behavioural changes & meds & accepting that you are naturally an anxious person (i am - have suffered with anxiety & depression since age 19 - now 45), is part of it - if chronic - its part of your make-up & if it makes your life worse, the behavioural changes & meds help to make life as best as it can be (under the circumstances of you make-up/personality) my hubby is so laid back he is horizontal! but i am the opposite. however after having cognitive behaviour therapy about 6yrs ago & maintenance meds for anxiety & depression I am much much better than I used to  be say 10yrs ago!!! key thing i learnt that makes life better/less stressful from cbt was not looking too far ahead - like what if, what if , what if. take one thing at a time with all issues in life, then address it if "plan A" didnt work once "plan A" has happened/been tried. do you get what I mean?  by the way i went to emergency doc yesterday, & i do have bloody shingles on top of everything else!!! so I've got to take anti viral meds for a week, & amitryptilline at night for nerve pain caused by shingles - took one last night & slept like a baby - there's a little positive!!!.  Take car hun, we're all here to support one another (apart from 1!) xxxx

• Posted

I know what how you feel. For me it was the Peri making my anxiety worse. After numerous visits to the Dr's and hearing that I was fine and then even more sadness, anxiety ,crying and dizziness I finally went to a psychiatrist. After being put in a med to help calm my anxieties I definitely am starting to feel like myself again. I hope you find what works for you soon and we are all here for you.

• Posted

Thanks Unico. What I was doing was working. I had come so far. I just need.to get myself back together and stop panicking. I can do this. Thanks for the support. smile

• Posted

I'm having a bad time as well deardoe not that I've had any great days for a long time

My anxiety is very high today as I've just started taking a beta blocker yesterday to try and reduce the frequency of migraines and see if it helps the constant off balance and dizziness I suffer from as ENT thinks the balance problem is due to vistibular migraine

I take visual disturbances as well which terrifies me and having the hormones imbalanced as you know the symptoms and the anxiety is unbearable at times

I just wanted to reassure you that all of the weird symptoms your suffering from are part of this transition and many of us woman are feeling the same as you I never dreamed that menopause could make you feel like this

I hope as the day goes on you start to distract yourself and feel a bit better, going and doing something, making the bed, going outside that usually works for me

Lots of love xx

• Posted

Thanks Brenda. For some reason going to bed always helps. I gonto bed with my hubby and play with my little dog and I feel better.

It is so hard to believe that hormones or anxiety can cause such symptoms and then thinking about whether or not it can makes it worse.

I get visual disturbances with occular migraines. And when my anxiety was really bad I would sometimes see floaters.

How old are you and where.are you in the peri.joirney? Did you just start.or have your periods ended?

• Posted

I'm 52 deardoe, I've been on livial-tibolone for over 4 months so not really sure where I am in this transition, however, I'm sure bloods I had done a few months ago showed fsh levels indicated in menopause

I suppose I've been having some symptoms for a few years but never thought about menopause, my periods had became very heavy

Last January 2015, I became very agitated, anxious had insomnia and very fatigued. Blood test showed hormone imbalance. I was already suffering from stress as I had just returned to work after having a relapse of ME

I became dizzy/off balance in March last year and it has never left, it has caused so much anxiety and low mood. My mum then passed away in January this year and my symptoms became much worse

I really hope things can change for me as I often feel overwhelmed with everything that's happened to me

I know I'm strong like all the other ladies on here, I will get through this but as you said we all need a little reassurance sometimes and someone just to tell us it'll all be ok

I hope you feel better today knowing how many people care about you and are there for you

Big hug for you xx

• Posted

Thanks Brenda. You have been through a lot. I too was dizzy 24/7 for 2 and a half years at least. It is a common symptom of anxiety. If you or anyone.else is interested in info to.a.website that really helped me. Pm me. They really address the physical symptoms of anxiety. Hope.we all have a great day!
    • Posted

Thanks deardoe I feel more off balance than dizzy don't really get vertigo I sometimes feel lightheaded and know that can be caused by over breathing. I also have a very stiff neck dint know if this is part of the migraine or tension and anxiety, Chang look up or down now without feeling queasy and I've convinced myself I can't turn much to the left or right...,the fear has set in always scared incase it makes me more dizzy.

I'll try and find out how to pm you for website

Thanks xx

• Posted

would you mind pm me please brenda if you find it or have the time I would be so grateful many thanks in advance
    • Posted

Hi sue it's deardoe who knows about the website, I'm going to find out how to pm her and ask the name of it

If I do I'll certainly pass it on to you

Hope your feeling well wherever you are

Hugs to you xx

• Posted

Hi Brenda, i sent both of you the info. Check your email. Also in order to.send someone a message, for to their post and then look all the way to the right of their name. There should be a little envelope, click it and that will take you to the message form.
    • Posted

thank you she pmd me and yes im not to bad at the moment I hope all on this page has had a good day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.