Hard Time.......

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had been doing so much better until Saturday. Started with feeling so tired and then twice that day feeling like I was going to pass out with my face on fire, no sweating, and a super sick tummy. Started feeling better Saturday night and only had one brief period Sunday feeling like I would pass out again but not as bad. Monday I just worried that it would happen again. Today, tuesday, was ok until this afternoon when I just feel jittery, sad, tired and scared. Anxious. I hate this feeling. Had another episode of dizziness/pass out, face on fire crying and scared and weepy. I am now afraid that any second that feeling will.happen again. I am 45 and been going through peri for about 4 or 5 years. I have had my thyroid, heart and digestive tract thoroughly chexked out and they are fine. I have been working so hard to get my anxiety under control and been feeling so much better. So hard to go back wards. Just makes me so sad.is this hormones? Is this anxiety? Both? It's still hard not to let my mind run away with thoughts of all the things that could be wrong with me. Anybody feel this way? Hardest couple days I have had in a long long time. I don't know if i am strong enough to do this again.

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I actually just went thru what your describing the last 2 days and my period came...Ive felt like this before during and after a period just depends on what my darn hormones want to do that month!!!This is such a roller coaster ride that I dont get as anxious as I use to bout symptoms..I was housebound for a long time till I just learned to say its just hormones and anxiety I will be fine...All this is so exhausting tho...I hope you feel better soon!!!!Hugs to you!!!
    • Posted

Thanks Laurie. I was housebound 2 for a couple months about 2 years ago. It is amazing how our hormones and even just our thoughts and anxiety can bring on such horrid symptoms. I will jist continue to do the things i know i.should to.stay sane and hope that things settle back down. I do feel better this mornimg. Have a gteat day!
  • Posted

Wow DearDoe! I'm sorry that you have been going through this. I know how it can be going back and forth to your doctor and they tell you that nothing is wrong. I mean it is a relief to know that we're okay after getting checked out but you still wrestle with the idea that something they may have missed is going on. I completely understand and sympathize. I can't imagine why anyone on this forum can or would judge or criticize another when we are going through the same things. Even if for some reason I can't relate to someone's symptoms, I simply do not comment on that particular post. I mean if I don't have anything to contribute then I wouldn't. I'm surprised that the moderator allowed her comments.

• Posted

I dont really get it either. I, too, just keep scrolling if I can't relate.

So sorry you are experiencing this horridnous too. How old are you and how long have you been in perimenopause? What are your symptoms?

• Posted

I am 42. I started having symptoms very mildly right after I had my right ovary removed. I was 26 at that time. That was even before I had kids. I started having heat flashes and my periods were all over the place. Then after I had my son at age 35, I noticed my PMS symptoms became more severe. I didn't know it at that time that I was in peri. I started having fluctuations with my blood pressure which I am now on meds for. I started having digestive problems, dizziness, nausea, fatigue and just feeling ill for no apparent reason. Then after I had my daughter at age 39, my symptoms really hit an all time high. It wasn't until I accidentally stumbled across this forum while searching for an answer to something else. After I had my daughter I started having the anxiety and heart palpitations and all the other symptoms along with others too many to mention. I am convinced I'm in peri although the doctors dismiss the notion. I told them that I only have one ovary and my mom went into menopause at my age. My older sister who is 46 is already 14 months post menopausal.

• Posted

I had a couple doctors tell me I was too young too. But then, one night I got is dizzy I ended up in ER. Dr. Could find nothing wrong with me and after he left the room the nurse who was a woman in her late 50s came over, took my hand and said "honey, your ok. It's just menapause. It feels like it's gonna kill ya but your gonna be okay." Such a nice thing for her to have done, to take that couple minutes to reassure me. She went on to tell me her menapause story. Thank god for the kindness of others. We may feel like crap, but we are gonna get through this. smile

• Posted

Wow! I wish more health professionals would be that honest and open about this. Instead they just look at you like you're crazy. Why don't they know the signs and symptoms of menopause?

• Posted

I think because up until the last 50 or 60 years or so, women didn't really live much beyond menapause, if they made it that long. I think women are just now starting to talk about it. I talk to everyone about it, just like I do about anxiety. We need to start talking about it and take the stigma away from it and let people know that they are not alone. There is nothing worse then suffering by your self in silence.

• Posted

This is so true. It certainly helps to have someone to talk to.
    • Posted

Im the same shar unless i can relate of feel i can help any one then I dont comment as there will be people who can and i have reported it as i dont think it was very kind at all
    • Posted

Absolute ditto Sue - good for you hun, I would've done the same had you not beat me to it. Its not necessary. If i dont feel i can help or have any helpful or supportive comment,  i just read & carry on scrolling through the posts. x

• Posted

Hi. I am glad you are feeling better today😊 It really helps to read all of the supportive comments on here. To know you are not alone. Some days I just want to give up. I hate it that my mind goes to worst case scenario with every symptom too.

• Posted

Oh me too. It makes everything so much worse.
  • Posted

Hello, Im so sorry that you are feeling this way. It is so difficult because we start to feel better and think yes Im getting through this and then a few down days. Ugh! They are not just down days they are really down days. Im feeling that way right now too! My daughter told me that she sees that I am getting better because not all days are bad ones......I have good ones as well. Before they were all bad days. So now besides praying I repeat to myself you have good days.It seems to help sometimes. I just wanted you to know that you are very strong and you can do this.....remember that you have done it before. I will be praying for you! Take care!
    • Posted

Thanks Becky. My hubby and I were just talking about this. How far I have come and how I have more good now then bad. smile

Any little progress, right?

• Posted

Your welcome! Any little progress is right! We have to keep looking at the positive to get us through this. Im glad that you are seeing an improvement in yourself too! Its tough for sure....but so are we obviously lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.