Have herpes, unprotected sex

Posted , 134 users are following.

I was diagnosed herpes 2 five years ago. I didnt aware I had it and was in relationship. Until the first outbreak I got tested, same as my ex. His result came out positive, we didnt know who got first but we supported each other.

We broke up almost 2 years ago, we remained friends and he already started a new relationship one year ago. He told me sometimes he didnt use any protection with his gf(she knows) and she has been okay.

I know that herpes can pass to others even there is no outbreak, but from my ex expeirence, his gf and him are good so far. Just wonder if anyone has similar expereince with his/her partners? If you have unprotected sex when there is no outbreak?

I have met a guy and told him the whole situation. He said he doesnt care and still want to be with me. He wanted to have unprotected sex, but i really dont want to put him at risk. I did saw others for short time also with unprotected sex. He got tested a few month ago and result came out negative.

Please share with me if you have similar experience with me.

5 likes, 252 replies

252 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I guess im new to this...felt bad all day...been married for a year and two months...I decided to go for a routine check up just because and for compensation  for the military. ...i never cheated on my wife and she never cheated on me in the 3 years we been together but today i received info from my doc that i had type 2 herpes...WTF....how does that hapoen....she nor i havent had a break out....wat to do...we trying to have a baby...

• Posted

She needs to get tested, because ypu bothmaybe be asymptomstic. Which the virus being more easily transferred from male to female... If ypu have it is a good chance that she does too. But with your doctors guidance and surpressors you can have a healthy baby.
  • Posted

Okay so, my gf got tested and her test was positive but both only have had unprotected sex with each other and I don't understand how is it that she got herpes when she's only had unprotected sex with me?
    • Posted

She could have got it from a previous ex, and it was formant until her testing or outbreak. She is probably just a trait carrier. Or you may be asyptomatic
    • Posted

Condoms are estimated to protect against herpes 30%. They don't cover enough area to protect better

• Posted

My bf knows and we have unprotected sex he loves me and I love him! I also told him before we even started dating just to lay everything out on the table before any feelings got involved
  • Posted

I've had herpes for 9 years now and never past to any off my ex partners its hard and I feel sick that I have to live with it for the rest off my life 😢
    • Posted

How did you prevent transmission did you take antivirals prayer
    • Posted

Not having sex when you have a breakout.. and wait a extra week to have sex. Cus the shedding is more contagious then the initial breakout it self. Nd keep taking the meds daily .
  • Posted

I was replying to your post. It is possible to not get herpes if your partner has it and you're having unprotected sex. My partner has had herpes for 6 years and we've been having unprotected sex for 2 years and I don't have it. If there is no signs of outbreaks and the person with herpes does not feel it coming on the other partner will not contract it. I'm not a doctor but this is from personal experience, so I'm not sure if my immune system is just very strong but I cannot speak for other people. I hope this helps a little bit being that I'm not the only one because there was another post that stated as well that a couple one with herpes and one without was having unprotected sex and the person without didn't contracted either I guess it just depends on when you have sex
    • Posted

How long after initial outbreak did you start having unprotected sex?
    • Posted

This is absolutely not true.  Herpes CAN be transmitted even without an outbreak present. Please read this quote from the Center for Disease Control. "If you have herpes, you should tell your sex partner(s) and let him or her know that you do and the risk involved. Using condoms may help lower this risk but it will not get rid of the risk completely. Having sores or other symptoms of herpes can increase your risk of spreading the disease. Even if you do not have any symptoms, you can still infect your sex partners."
    • Posted

That is not true at all

Herpes can be transmitted even without an outbreak and that person will not know unless tested since he/she would not have the symptoms.

• Posted

Do you get regular culture exams? Is it possible that you are asyptomatic?
    • Posted

This is true. Viral shedding would make th virus contractabpe without an outbreak. Your partner can be a traitholder, dormant, or asyptomatic until their culture. Some people with herpes NEVER even have an outbreak...
    • Posted

Hello I was just told that I had herpes from my doctor today and my two partners did not have a out break yet. Does that mean I'm the only person that has it and how long does a out break last because this is very painful

• Posted

No. More than likely one of them got it. My ex gave me herpes & had no outbreak. He still doesn't but it's called shedding when u pass it wit no outbreak.it last two weeks tops

• Posted

Wow well one is getting tested Thursday and one is getting tested Tuesday so I guess I'll see who has it. But I wouldn't wish this out break on my worst enemy and I really hope in two weeks it leaves but I read it takes up to a month to go away

• Posted

Honestly I'm not going to lie I just found out yesterday that I had herpes and I didn't get home until where the meds were until really late so I took only one acyclovir tablet yesterday and the blisters formed every where inside and outside of my vagina I can't stand in piece or sit or walk. So today is a new day I just ate so I took one and wish I could take all 3 altogether but honestly I read whether you take the meds or not the outbreaks will go and come as they please so do you think that the meds really work? Also if I have outbreaks in my vagina and this is my first outbreak will the outbreaks come anywhere else like my face?

• Posted

You will only have breakouts on your vagina. Get some Zovirax cream prescribed from your doctor to get rid of the blisters
    • Posted

That is not true.. herpes can still be passed with out knowing it.. a partner that doesnt have herpes nd one who does can still transmit it.. you for have to have a breakout to spread it.. herpes can lay dormant for so long.. nd tests can still come up neg. I have 4tests that were neg. Nd the last 2 was positive..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.