Head Discoloration/Rash

Posted , 61 users are following.

Here's my story:

I had sex for the first time in December of 2019, both oral and vaginal. I am 24 years old. It was unprotected sex. Weeks later my urethra was burning, especially when I urinated. Had both her and me tested for STIs, she had herpes(something she swore she had been tested for before and didn't have). Anyways, I came back negative for everthing. That week while waiting for the results I became very ill. I was very pale in the face, was extremely dizzy, and in a lot of pain in my abdomen/testicle. Symptoms faded after awhile, but the burning in the urethra and dizziness stuck around the longest. I still get severely dizzy at times, off and on. I stopped having sex with her after I found out she had herpes, until I find out what is happening to me. A rash has developed on the head of my penis, and that is my main concern right now. I've been to several clinics, and most prescribe an ointment and send me on my way. They say it is either a yeast infection or jock itch, but I don't think it's either. I have applied Lotrimin(clotrimazole 1%) and Terbinafine Hydrochloride with no improvement. I took fluconazole for a yeast infection, still no improvement. The rash seems to be worse after sitting down on the toilet for example, strange I know. It's has blotchy discoloration and feels rough and irritated to the touch. Here are photos: imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

The purple hue is not the natural color. It darkens when it's at it's worse. You can see a photo where the head is a pinker, more natural hue compared to the other photos, but is still irritated. This makes me think it has something to do with blood flow, what do you think?

10 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello everyone!

My story is pretty much similar, towards the end of 2019, with my girlfriend I don't remember what we did, but I definitely had unprotected intercourse, I had an inflammation in the glans and foreskin and then it passed, for the whole of 2020 I am been relatively well, at the end of 2020 a strange dryness begins. I worry and my ordeal begins. I see the first urologist who does not make me understand what he has and tells me that it can become chronic, he gives me a moisturized cream, I see the second doctor, a dermatologist, he tells me lichen sclerosus and he gives me a cortisone cream, antifungal and antibacterial, which it just worsens the situation a lot and my glans becomes dry, I go to another urologist who tells me he has nothing, just a bit of prostate problems and he gives me anti-inflammatories, I see another dermatologist tells me that I am healthy and not nothing, I see my family doctor, he tells me that he has nothing, I call another doctor I know, I explain the situation and he tells me that he has nothing, I go to another dermatologist and he tells me that I only have some dryness, but he does not prescribe anything, I go to the last dermatologist and he tells me that he has a dryness that you do not understand what it depends on, perhaps trauma, but he just tells me to put an emollient cream. I went to a lot of doctors, I did urinalysis, sperm analysis, a spermiogram (because in the meantime the ejaculation had become painful, with pains in the penis, under the scrotum, in the right testicle and in the inner thigh) I also do a swab cutaneous glans, even uroflowmetry, fearing that the pains were related to a stenosis, nothing. ALL NEGATIVE. I no longer know what to do and think. My glans looks discolored and always dry, not extremely dry, but dry! For a year now, no one has been able to give me an answer and the doctors look at me as if I were crazy. I don't want this situation to be overlooked by some doctors. My glans dries up even if I wash only with water and without soap. So what do I have?

All I need to do is the allergy tests and the herpes tests, but I don't know what else to do, I'm not even diabetic, the blood tests come out normal.

Should I think that we all have a skin problem like lichen or psoriasis? Yet they also excluded me from this, so what came to me? Isn't there a decent doctor who can understand this?

Soon, today, I will have another visit, I hope in a flash of genius from the doctor.

• Posted

any luck bud? going through a simular thing. Daktacourt works untill i stop using it, then it returns 😔

• Posted

Absolutely no luck. My penis is still the same, dry glans, sticky foreskin, sometimes less dry glans, but sticky, and a dry skin on penile shaft. Honestly does not know what could be. Tomorrow I will have another visit to an andrologist, this is the 10TH doctor. In the last visit the doctor just said "you have nothing, you looks even better than last time". There was even a young female assistant, but she was a student, she looked at my penis, staring at it, with ZERO IDEAS.

In the last week I'm starting having itching on the side of the scrotum, on legs, in the anus, on wristle, on the head, but zero skin rash.

At the moment I'm washig myself with a soap for dermatitis and not applying nothing to the penis.

I will update. Write me if you want.

• Posted

No luck, totally. Don't know what could I do more.

Doctors have totally no clue on this. My penis is feeling better leaving it alone, but honestly DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE. It's a nightmare.

• Posted

i also have same symptoms and look to my penis . will be seeing a dermatologist myself. and i my myself a GP the only way to find out what this ..is to do a biopsy or direct lesion culture/vital pcr. so iwill push for the those.

so far i have also tried topical antibiotics oral/antibiotics, topical /oral antifungal, and hydrocortisone 1% without any relief.. wearing a condom during the day helps it from getting worse or irritated. any friction makes it worse

• Edited

I have read through all the possible conditions and lichen sclerosis is top deferential based on what i read and symptoms vs an atopic dermatis that cuased chronic inflammation... but Tissue bx is only way to make sure.

• Posted

Have you took the biopsy? Have you find out what u got?

• Posted

has anyone else sorted this? im now having the same problem. i think used a condom to masturbate and this started happening but two months before im positive this girl had herpes when i went down and found lumps on her. ive been to 10 doctors, 3 sexual health clinics and theyre telling me its fine when i know its so not fine

• Posted

i have the same symptoms, tacky skin, occasional itch, raised bumps. no otc creams appear to help. if anyone finds an answer i will never use my equipment again.

• Posted

hey, I came across this post and made this account just to comment. I am facing same issue after getting physical with a girl who has herpes. All of my test results are negative and its been 1.5 months. Do you have any update with your situation ?

• Edited

I believe that most of us are dealing with herpes here. How many of you had herpes test which says if you have hsv1 or hsv2. I think all the problems we have come from poor blood circulation caused by nerve damage caused by herpes virus.

• Posted

Have near identical to images. Also had urethra discomfort which was solved after testing positive for ureaplasma and treating for it.

Still have the red glans / bumpy texture that no derm/urologist has any idea about how to solve. Have tested negative for everything mulitple times.

• Posted

Hey everyone.

So ive had the same problem for about three months. It started after getting new underwear that were an abrasive material and my testicles felt sore. I was fiddling around with my genitals the whole day trying to get comfortable. A couple days later it spread all over my genitals. Penis and all. About five days after I had been self-medicating with aquaphor. I was sitting on the toilet just to pee when it felt like I couldnt get all my pee out. It was awful. I ended up going to the hospital the next day because I thought something was wrong internally. they ended up telling me that it was just anxiety and that they couldn’t find anything on my penis or testicles. After two more weeks of it being bad I went to a walk-in clinic where they ended up diagnosing me with a fungal infection and prescribed me clotrimazole and flucanzole by mouth. It seemed to help but didnt go away fully. I then went to my PCP where he diagnosed me the same with fungal infection and gave me more flucanazole. But there would be days where it would still get bad. Now after googling so many different things a lot of the time scrotal eczema can be mistaken for fungal infections. Which i already know i have eczema! i have been using goldbond eczema cream for almost two weeks and it has made a world of a difference. theres still some redness where the top of my penis rubs against my underwear but its nowhere near as bad. i definitely think its something to look into. good luck everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.