HEADACHE; ALL DAY, EVERYDAY, Help Appreciated

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all, i have come to this site in search of an answer to a seemingly impossible question. After seeing multiple doctors, a ENT, a nuerologist and now doing the rounds of physio and chiropracture i still have no clue on what i seem to be suffering with. Three months ago, after a day or two of feeling like i have had a cold, i woke up with intense pressure in the head. At first the thought of meningitis or a tumor/aneurysm came to mind due to the 24/7 intense pain. But after a MRI, CT and CTA scan it was ruled out. The nuerologist just did a reflex test and looked at the MRI which was already confirmed normal and told me to just see how it goes. The goes with the doctors, because all my tests have come back normal they classify me as a worry wart or i have anxiety but i am just a realist. I have constant pain in my head and face, tightness in the neck, ears need to pop all the time and body aches especially with the legs and lower back pain although i am not sure if my lower pack pain is a seperate issue or not as a i am a nurse and my job applies alot of pressure to that region. I am not letting the doctors fob me off to walk away with a "mystery illness" as i have told them im just gonna keep coming back till they find out whats wrong. Ive also had a chest x ray, blood work done, a urea breathing test, an ultrasound of my heart and lungs, a test for STDs and all have come back normal. I just have no idea where to go from here? if anybody has a clue on where to go, i would appreciate more than ever some input. Thank you smile

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello all, today i went to the drs and finally recieved somewhat of a change of a pace after finding a dr with a more active approach. Its not a new idea but hes finally atleast giving something more than medication. I have been given Codis for pain relief and a migraine type medication called pizotifen, in order to help with "chronic migraines" hopefully a round of these meds will help im hoping. Does anyone know of temporal arteritis, im thinking that maybe thats a possibility some vascular type problem might be at blame here...

• Posted

Hey! Back again haha.. but if you don’t mind me asking how old are you? Only because with TA (temporal arterities) age has a major factor... also your eyes. Without getting a biopsy for TA, which is what they’ll do to you to check that.. I would head to the eye doctor. Your eye doctor can figure out TA just by your eyes so ... that’s an easier route then the biopsy on your temples , also a blood test specifically a blood test that checks your erythrocyte sedimentation rate. A doctor can test that and immediately can find results. As for the medication, when I went to the neaurologist they prescribed me sumatriptan. The medication will only prevent a migraine when taken at the time of seeing aura. Because with the pressure I have had I also have had migraines with aura most of my high school years to now. Not sure on your medication though. 
    • Posted

heyy mate, im only 22 and its abit of a wild thought as TA really only seems to affect older poeple but conditions of that ilk make me curious just because of my jaw and throat tightness, pressure in the temples and te blurriness of my right eye its sognificantly hard to see through that eye, but im not too convinced at all really its TA. I think the medication i just listed is similar it is meant to prevent further migraine attacks whilst the codis is meant to stop them when they are happening. Im a bit on the bench on whether they'll work but im giving them a try and if they dont work - hallelujah the dr said he'll actually look into other options finally someone who cares to look. Ive had two eye exams, and ive had 3 CPR blood tests so im pretty convinced its not. Can i ask how your headache/pressure behaves as do you also get eye pain, facial and jawline pressure/tightness ?

• Posted

i went o n pizotifen just warning you  than you put on weight like a sack of potattoes!
    • Posted

My head pressure definitely comes and goes and some days are better then others tbh.. sometimes the pressure can be over whelming and sometimes it doesn’t bother me so, it’s on and off with me. I used to have jaw pressure and tightness but it has went away over time. Maybe because I started to use a mouth guard at night to make sure I don’t clench or grind my teeth while sleeping so the jaw thing could be helped by a mouth guard but doesn’t go away right away it takes some time .. eye pain I have once and a while but nothing that I am scared about and facial I have had no problems with that. 
  • Posted

Keep us posted, I have the same symptoms as you. I too thought it might be ta, but my Dr said no bc of my age, also thought it could be lyme but that came back negitive
    • Posted

Definitely get a lymes disease test, I have done this already to rule that out for me. But also make sure you do the test a couple times because I’ve heard of people have lymes and their tests came back negative so do it a couple times to get reassurance. 
    • Posted

how many times should you get tested for lyme?
    • Posted

Hey, thank you for your reply. Can i ask how long have your symptoms persisted? do you have 24/7 head pressure and or ache. Do you feel like your face is full and stiff?Eyes eary? Is so, does any type of medication or tecunique give relief to your symptoms ?
    • Posted

Yes constant head pressure, and doing activities makes it worse. Hurts all on my right side, temple, jaw, neck even my throat ( not like a sore throat but sore muscle) lip and tongue will twitch too.

Nothing helps for me, waiting on a appt with neurologist

• Posted

Also the top of my scalp will hurt where you would get s brain freeze. And will be super intense and then stop, that comes and goes alot.
    • Posted

i too originally have a sinus virus
  • Posted

Im defs gonna ask for a lymes test, the headache remains very powerful today but ironically a hot bath did more wonders than this painkiller that was meant to relieve the pain,, face continues to feel full and eyes ache at this point im not convinced its "just a migraine" but the more i rule out i guess the more ill be able to cope, has anyone ever tried muscle relaxants or anti convulsants? If so, some feedback on their accuracy would be appreciated. If anybody else shares the symptoms that we are experiencing, please feel free to add their journey and if they ever find a resolution :D thanks guys

• Posted

Hi Matthew

I am a 24 yr old woman, and got my headache after a sinus infection (I suspect)

All your symptoms sounds very similar to mine. I have had this constant headache for what will be 3 years this March. I know this is not something you want to hear, but your condition may be different. Over the past 3 years I have tried many different treatments to which none have had any effect at all.

Can I ask where you are from? I'm currently at UCLH National hospital for Neurology, this is in London - I would recommend if you live close enough.

Here if you want to chat, its nice to speak with people who are going through the same thing.

Hope you find some relief soon

Amber

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.