health anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

hey as anybody got health anxiety out there?? i am sooo sick of it... really need to go to the doctors again as i am not well and in pain but just cant find it in me to go as i am TERRIFIED !!! anybody else been in this situation? jas x

1 like, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have really bad health anxiety. It's torture specially with a cold or the flu.
    • Posted

i know the feelin... it is torture i.just cant cope with it...
  • Posted

do any of you guys suffer from brain fog?
    • Posted

Yes, sometimes I have this feeling of life not being real or that I'm dreaming. Usually I have a headache when this happens, and it's the worst feeling ever. I have it during panic attacks or even when I have low anxiety levels. It's the worst.
    • Posted

it is horrible i have it constantly sometimes its better but when i stress or have a little anxiety its bad
  • Posted

Im always in pain n back n forth to the doctors n er myself n they can never find anything i think the more yiu think about the worse it gets
  • Posted

Hey Jassy,

Stay off of google and stop looking up symptoms - I do this all the time and it makes it worse. Go see a doctor once, get a clean bill of health, and let your anxiety melt away. Remind yourself of happier times when you felt "normal", and hold on to that feeling.

• Posted

Dont let it get to you. If you have a Facebook account, old text messages, old pictures, or anything else, use them to remind yourself of better times and set a goal to get back.

Set milestones too, examples:

- "Next week, I will go out with friends"

- "Tomorrow, I will stay off Google"

- "Next month, I wont go to the doctor"

• Posted

yes... small.steps... i just want this gone now had enough... and sick of being frightened to do.anythin about it .. i have booked docs next week so will see what he says xx
  • Posted

I have really bad health anxiety, but like Kerry I'm the complete opposite from you. When I first started getting these symptoms I was in the ER about 2 times a week, and this went on for like 3 months. Go and get yourself checked out. I doubt that there is something going on in your body, besides the anxiety. Just get it out of the way, so you have no doubts.

Good luck xoxo

Leonela

• Posted

And yes, stay OFF of google! Lol.

Google is definitely an anxiety poker. It will drive you nuts.

Whenever you feel like googling symptoms, just think of something else and ignore it!

• Posted

i wish i had thst sort of health anxiety... i really do... thank u for ur message leonela xx
    • Posted

I'm like you petrified of going to the Drs in case they find something wrong !!!!!
    • Posted

I've been reading your posts when is your scan ? I've had 2 cried all way through 2nd one !! Felt like a baby but it's only anxiety xxx
    • Posted

just waiting michelle... yes am so scared its unreal ... scared what they will find... anxiety is through the roof... cant function with worry..xx
    • Posted

We could be twins !! My life is on hold anxiety making the whole situation 10000000 times worse.what are your symptoms jassy.mine is tender lower achy feelings.i had a 3 week period in October where the Dr sent me for a scan for fibroids and it came back as that 1 fibroid but 3 small complex ovarian cysts on one ovary.2nd scan last week showed the same with free fluid in pelvis.now I have to wait till feb 9th for gyno appt.!!! I can't sleep lost lots of weight and in turmoil !! Dr has prescribed beta blockers but I'm tooooo scared to take them my life is a mess at mo xxx
    • Posted

ooo michelle i cant function at all... all i do is cry.. this has caused serious depression.. o have chronic health anxiety am convinced i am full of cancer ... my life is over at moment... i have been in pain for 7 months... the pain has changed over this time and now its certaun times of the month its so painful and tender when i press my pelvis .. it lasts for about 13 days and i am urinating frequently... its terrifying !!! xx
    • Posted

Jassy very similar around ovulation I feel very tender all above pubic bone for a good week or so and I also frequently wee.scan lady said it could be my fibroid or ovarian cysts causing it .i

Feel l like I've been kicked down there and it's sore to touch.im going to Dr now to discuss my latest scan report as I'm worried about it.will let you know xxx

• Posted

same here michelle am.terrified ... its sooo tender to touch its u real... ovulation is the worse and the pain and tenderness lasts about 13 days .. and then i still get it other times . the weeing is a night mare.. how often are you weeing?? also i wee all through the night as well.. xx
    • Posted

Yep when I am anxious I wee an awful lot but I still wee a lot more than anyone I know and during the night it's worse for me.every night I'm

Up 5-6 times and it's not just a dribble it's a full on wee !! makes me even more tired in turn more anxious !! Have you been checked for a we infection as thai is the most common cause? Mine wasn't but just thought ? I

Do feel tender and draggy down there Dr said weeding could be caused by fibroids in womb but scan showed only 1 small one so that's not the cause.do you frequently wee like me during night ? I even stopped drinking after 7 pm

But still

The same xxx

• Posted

yes i do every 2 hourly... there full on wee's not little ones... i had a urine test last week for infection and i dont have one... am so worried i have cervical cancer its unreal.. even though i dont bleed in between periods or anything like that... i am well scared... back at docs this week... the pain comes now even without ovulation sometimes.. its awful.. when i sit upright can feel pressure on my prlvis and it really hurts when i press.. and when i lie down it hurts when pressed... it hurts all the way over from one side to the other...its totally wrecked my life cannot function or do anything ... and am scared to venture out because i need a wee every few hours xx
    • Posted

You don't have cervical cancer jassy as you haven't mentioned anything related to it please don't worry.my reckoning is a simple chat or fibroid 😊or you could be so anxious making yourself wee through anxiety alone 😊if you keep pressing you lower tummy you will make it sore too lots of love Michelle xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.