Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not exactly sure if this is related to my anxiety

I was sleeping just fine except with a little chest discomfort that when I held I felt a bit better then all of a sudden I got this really sharp pain under my chin then I freaked out.bthen I was having chest pain in sternum that went into right ribs and back and shoulder blades.

I thought I'd tried to get up and I just felt like I couldn't breathe and when I stood up it almost felt like I was drinking he night before like I was a bei light headed and my eyes felt all weird and they still do just sitting here o still have shortness of breath also racing heart that slowed once I sat down. Just feels like my pulse is slow now and that my heart is going to just stop at any moment and I'm extremely tired.

I'm so worried this is more serious.

I'm 24 with no family history of heart issues and was just in ER 3 days ago had ekg chest X-ray and bloods that they said were all normal I also just turned in my heart monitor yesterday and I'm waiting for those results

I was diagnosed with costochondritis and I have acid reflux.

But what I am experiencing now is all new to me and I'm not sure what to do

1 like, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry I went to sleep last night I had two little ones to get up with the morning how are you feeling today
    • Posted

I am ok, pretty much the same. Feeling ok right now because I have an appointment with my doctor today!
    • Posted

Miles going back and forth I didn't want anything up I still feel like I can't breathe a little bit I had to run out and do a few things today take the little one to the doctor after a while I started feeling a little bit better while I was there but I had to go to the hospital to see my uncle it was a little bit bad there now I'm home

• Posted

How did your doctor's appointment go what did he say how you been feeling today not a good day for me yesterday I also took my first antibiotic heart rate went up don't know if it's from switching back to the 50 milligrams twice a day the 75 milligrams made me so dizzy like I was going to pass out and very hard to breathe

• Posted

It went good I suppose! I don't feel a whole lot better but my doctor reassures me I'm fine and that my breathing is fine which is hard to believe when I feel I can't breathe good at all! I'm trying to believe her tho

Are you scared of taking meds? I am and that always happens to me when I'm anticipating taking the pill I think about it too much! My friend is a nurse and always says don't be afraid of antibiotics they're a good things! So I stopped worrying about

antibiotics

I feel like it's hard to breathe to the point that I'm so jittery and holding my chest because some reason if I hold my chest it comforts me and I feel it helps me breathe even tho it's really not! Ugh Idk I don't understand the breathing thing I feel it should be easier to breathe than this

• Posted

I never had a problem with taking antibiotics but there's things that I won't take but most you antibiotics can cause heart racing and palpitations and since I already have that it makes it worse but I think it's from lowering the dose on my metoprolol back to 50 twice a day I think I'll be able to handle this better if anxiety wasn't there but no I don't take anxiety medicine because I know something is wrong like last time and when they find out what it is and fix it anxiety will go away

• Posted

Oh I had no idea it could do that! So r u saying that u think something is wrong and that's why u have the anxiety?

• Posted

Yes I got like this 10 years ago but it didn't start in my stomach it started occasionally having a fast heart rate and they came on more and more plus I was having stomach problems at the same time I would feel sick and nauseous and cannot eat but it did start with my heart I will get a racing heart occasionally throughout my life but never paid too much attention I just slowed it down and went to sleep and didn't think about it but then after so many years it just came on it hit me so bad I can't even get up off my couch my heart rate was 140 but once I got on the metoprolol after about a month everything went away and I was myself

• Posted

Any medications you take there's a chance it can cause your heart to race you'll see that on every pamphlet that you get for medicine

• Posted

Oh ok I see! So what do you think is wrong now?

I've been feeling that it's not anxiety making me feel this way but that there's something wrong with me that is making me have anxiety and the doctors just can't find it.... Like a blood clot... I feel that way because of the breathing and I get pain in my stomach my ribs hurt and when I go to pick up my 6 month old it sometimes makes the pain worse it's like an achy dull pain in my back ribs!

• Posted

I think I might be a hernia because I feel something moving underneath my ribs and I have gastritis what's that can make that act up see you have a vagus nerve in your stomach and they said that's the main thing that causes heart palpitations because that controls your heart and your brain I'm actually hoping it is and that's the problem that and gastritis that can all cause heart palpitations anxiety but if you think something is wrong wherever you're having pains that make sure you have the test done like a CT scan ultrasound whatever you need to get done if your doctor won't do it get another doctor

• Posted

I was thinking I have a hiatal hernia too and my doctor is sending me in for imaging of my abdomen... Don you know if ultrasounds show blood clots or not?
    • Posted

Yes that's why the doctors have told me too but I have talked to ppl who have had normal bloods and still ended up with clots so it worries me but I've seriously had my bloods taken every months for the last 6 months and they never find clots so I'm just waiting on this imaging.... My doctor doesn't think I need a scope done just yet so if I have a hiatal hernia I'm hoping it shows through the imaging and j can get it taken care of.

My thought is if I could just fix this breathing issue I could go on with my normal life and wouldn't be so stressed all the time... It all really started after my gallbladder surgery

• Posted

I know the feeling mine all started after I had my bladder stretched I had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy and he didn't see no hernia but I'm having a CT scan done to see if I have one cuz I feel something I just found out that I have multiple cysts on my uterus one big one and has to be removed so that could be one of my causes too for my stomach just started getting sicker all my problems started

• Posted

I want a cut scan done just to check everything out at once but I know they're not good for you and I've already had 2 one in June and one in August ... I just want to figure out what's wrong because I know it's something and I don't think this could just be anxiety!

I knowingly I've had cysts on my ovaries before I got pregnant this last time and I'm wondering if they're worse now and that's why I'm having lower abdominal pain.... I'm sure the ultrasound I get will show that as well! I hope!

• Posted

We will get better and get back to our normal selves it's going to be a long struggle and a lot of suffering but we'll get there

• Posted

I hope so! I just wanna be better now! I have been feeling like my heart beat is very shallow and it's hard to breathe and I laid back in my chair and I had a heart flutter or palpitation I'm so scared I'm going to have heart failure 😭

• Posted

I'm just worried because my heart ain't really bearing hard like normal it seems super shallow and like it's just gonna stop beating idk... But you think I'll be ok?

• Posted

Yeah cuz if there was something wrong the test that you had done what I said something mine goes shallow sometimes and I like it cuz then I can't feel it beating hard and my chest ain't moving

• Posted

As long as you have a normal heart rate and it's not too low then you're good

• Posted

No resting is 65-70 idk i just haw feeling like it's gonna stop... Riding in the car is pretty irritating too I feel cuz of the bumps

• Posted

What have you done to stop excessively worrying about your health? I just don't want to make this worse on my body and cause any harmful health issues because of the anxiety.... Idk how to stop my mind from racing

• Posted

Try to keep yourself busy but I mean your mind still be on it the only time I my name on it is when I'm sleep I have to let my mind go blank and if a guy tries to come through I just you know keep playing around put my mind blank and then I fall asleep without even knowing it

• Posted

How often does anxiety actually cause serious health issues? Do you know?

I definitely need to try to keep myself busy!

• Posted

Things that they don't cause health problems it's the stress that's your body's under like the wine and everything

• Posted

Sorry about that my phone don't always put what I say not wine worries he's done

• Posted

Well for some people the less you know the better you looking up symptoms and then all the sudden you get them a lot of people on here say that's the worst you can do

• Posted

Hmm maybe I shouldn't lol I'm already crazy with looking up other things I don't need to add another! I just need to focus on getting past this... I'll have my positive days where I feel I can get past it n ita not serious n then u have my days where I'm super negative n think this whole thing is gonna take my life, but today is somewhat positive n I gotta get through it cuz this is no way to live!

• Posted

Same thing happens to me but I got more bad days and good days this morning was terrible so little bit better now like I said if I can get past that feel like I can't breathe crap I could deal with everything else

• Posted

Yep same here!!

Place your hand on your stomach, just below your belly button.

Take a deep breath in from your nose and hold it for a moment

Slowly exhale, through your nose when you think you have let out all of the air, open your mouth and let the rest out.

Just read this today! I'm gonna try it and see if it helps!

• Posted

I get this sticky feeling in my ribs n chest n I feel like there's sine thing in my throat that makes it more difficult to breath and moving around can make it worse sometimes laying down in certain ways pits too much pressure on my ribs and makes it worse... Do you get that?

• Posted

Yeah so I gotta find a certain way to sleep every night because I feel like something's underneath my rib and it's uncomfortable

• Posted

I called my anxiety a little bit I actually felt like I can breathe just everything was tight I felt so calm my speech was even slower that's why I was wondering if something was wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.