Heart Racing...But Pulse is Normal....What's Happening?

Posted , 38 users are following.

Best I can describe it is that it feels as though I've had a bunch of caffeine (and I haven't)....heart feels as though it's beating very quickly, but when I check my pulse, it's between 62 and 70BPM (very normal)....neck muscles feels tight and face feels tingly and I feel shaky (although not visibly)....nerves?? Heart attack? I'm trying to calm down, but hate this feeling. By the way, I've had four ECGs done in the last year, and comprehesive blood work two weeks ago and everything looks just fine (in fact, my doctor said I was the picture of health)...so what's going on with this weird feeling????? I really don't want to go to the emergency room again (been five times in the last eighteen months) only to have them tell me it's anxiety.....I'm so frustrated!!!!

3 likes, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel like this often lately ! It's horrible and terrifying. My heart will skip beats for as long as I am anxious or worried...... sometimes hrs. You are not alone with this

• Posted

My cousin had same feelings but with fast heart rate. She was taking beta blockers from last four years. Now some doctor diagnosed her with hietal hernia which is a problem of stomach. In beginning doctors always tell people that it's anxiety but always. Sometimes there are different cause of fast heart rate and palpitations but not always anxiety or panic attack. Sometimes people have h pylori bacteria in their stomach which is making Gases in stomach and that trigger the palpitations.

When your doctor unable to find any thing they always say it's an anxiety or depression. I know people who have same symptoms but at the end they found that it is due to stomach problem.

• Posted

Not trying to sound weird but did your cousin have diarrhea at one point because I had diarrhea at one point but now it's gas and I'm also having heart palpitations now actually I'm having them now and I can't seem to calm down but any who I think I'm having the same symptoms can you explain all your cousin's symptoms?

You don't have to if you don't wanna

• Posted

I have your exact symptoms.

Do you by any chance have any diagnosis by your doctor?

I've 3 ECG test, came back normal.

Wore a holter monitor for 48 hours, apparently it's fine.

Waiting to do a echo and stress test.

I'm beginning to think it's involved with my stomach some how.

• Posted

Finally your Dr will give you anxiety medicine but take it. Just take stomach medicine. If your Dr prescribe beta blocker than avoid taking it because it will cause more problems afterwards only if your test are clear. Try to eat and drink cold stuff.

Did you take vinegar or lemon or chilli frequently in your diet before palpitations?

• Posted

I wrote wrong before. Please avoid anxiety medicine if Dr prescribes you.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I did get prescribed lorazepam. I haven't taken any.

I can't remember if I had eaten any of those things before.

But I do know that if I eat "bad" food then the vibrations do get worse.

• Posted

In my case Dr prescribe me (Pantoprazole 40mg + Domperidone 30mg). I took it for a month and discontinued. Now I take Husk with raw honey before and after meal. Now I don't need to take medicine.

• Posted

Thank you. I will ask my doctor for this. Hopefully it works 😖

• Posted

Lorazepam/ativan is on the W.H.O. list of best safe and effective medicines. It's best use is during a panic attack, it will calm you down. For anyone that experiences panic attacks it is essential. Like anything on the internet, you can get good and bad advice. Chancea are your doctor is prescribing the proper medication.

• Posted

lolz Lorazepam is for anxiety disorder. Trust me I didn't take anxiety medicine and I am fine now.

When Dr doesn't understand what wrong then they will always give you anxiety medicine.

• Posted

I agree with you. Somethings not right and I don't think it's rooting from anxiety.

I do get anxiety but this is from me not understanding what these symptoms are coming from.

I'm determined to figure it out with more testing. Changing eating habits ect.

Once I figure it out I will post about it.

It's not fun and I hope to help other people.

• Posted

I know the feeling and it's normal. Anybody who get sick have same feelings. It will go away when you finally know what's wrong with you. Trust me try Husk with honey. Palpitations will go away.

• Posted

I agree every patient has their own unique circumstances. But be careful when promoting information that suggests the doctor doesn't know what they are doing. Anti-anxiety medications can be very effective in treating anxiety disorders and panic attacks.

• Posted

I hope you find the root cause(s). Even though you may not think you are experiencing anxiety, you may still suffer from it and/or have attacks. In my case, I hold my breath (when busy/focussed). Holding the breath creates a pH imbalance in the blood that can trigger heart palpitations. I likely hold my breath because of some underlying stress. The mind is also very tricky--just thinking about having a heart palpitation issue can bring them on! This is a key tenant of anxiety, is your thoughts and how you handle them. There is also subconscious thought (not in your awareness) that may be triggering anxiety symptoms (even though you do not think you 'have' anxiety). The mere fact of trying to find an overt physical ailment to explain heart palpitations can be a source of stress that causes them.

• Posted

You don't want to know what doctors did to me. I was nearly going to become a heart patient. Thanks God I found a right doctor. My trust on doctors is limited. You know medicines are not good for lever. For healthy life avoid medicine as much as we can. I have been through side effects of Medicine.

Now I cannot drink coke,Pepsi,coffee, tea,beer any sort of drink which contains cafine. Even I am not allowed to take panadol. These artificial things gave me health problems. I don't believe on panic attacks. There is know such thing. FYI my gastrologist doctor told me that I am having panic attacks and I didn't believe that and I treat my stomach and now I am 100% fine.

• Posted

Science is not about 'belief'. It is based on high quality evidence and facts. Anxiety disorders and panic attacks are fact. They derive from neurochemical imbalances in the brain. The panic derives from the 'fight or flight' response, a mechanism meant to protect us from predators and dangerous situations. It is a fact.

• Posted

I was living far away from home and I was eating from office mess. I ate something bad which caused stomach problems. colleague of mine appeared to have same problem after few days of my illness. So I believe it's not a panic attack. Perhaps could be some kind of bacteria or else. I did all kind of test but nothing appeared.

I remember my sister when she was in university. She went sick and every time doctor tells her you have no problem. And after a year she'd been finally diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Doctors gave her steroids which turned her illness into osteoporosis. And you know what we found now. She had a vitamin D deficiency and that's why she'd got ulcer in the start. So my friend our family experience with doctors are not very good.

• Posted

Hi Sohaibkhan- Could you give me more information on this Husk and honey please. 
    • Posted

Yes sure. Husk is easily available everywhere. Always use raw honey. Please tell me about your location.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.