Heavy headed, feeling woozy and off balance

Posted , 18 users are following.

I started off with dizziness and sickness I couldn't even walk without falling over. Now I'm constantly heave headed and feeling woozy snd off balance when I walk or stand up. When I lie down its heavy on my head too and I feel sickly. I've been to ent and they say it's nothing to do with my ear although I have got tinitus in m6 right ear and hearing loss for 3 years now. I'm waiting for an appointment with the nurologist in 3 weeks time. I just want something to be done im really fed up and on sick from work. HELP anyone?

0 likes, 249 replies

249 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

And I do realize that I am one of the lucky ones who have shown improvement. I was so very desperate before I found the right audiologist, the right physical therapist, and hopefully soon the right ENT. 
  • Posted

Yay I've got an appointment tomorrow with nurology they've managed to bring the appointment forward for me ☺
  • Posted

HIya guys. Been to my nurology appointment today. They don't think it's a brain problem they think it's bppv. Although i went to ENT about this 2 weeks ago and they said its a nurology problem. They think its problems from last year re- accuring with the dizziness although I didnt have it this bad before. They have prescribed me batahistine diydrochloride 8mg tablets. I've taken one and already have headache 😕
    • Posted

Oh dear Michelle, thats not good is it one tablet and got headache. These Prochlororperazine what ive been given apparently block release of dopamine, isnt this the one that makes us feel good? why would anyone want to block this and end up with this ......  says on google

Low dopamine levels can lead to lack of motivation, fatigue, addictive behavior, mood swings and memory loss. ... Let’s take a closer look at dopamine — what it does, the symptoms of deficiency, and how to increase it naturally. ... Here are some healthy, proven ways to

increase ...

I already have fatigue thanks from the M.E.

Ih what to do a!

Sue 

• Posted

Oh dear Susan I'm not sure about that but ill be looking it up. Did you take any? I've lost hope in anything at the minute I'm sick of feeling unwell all the time. Have you got any more tests?
    • Posted

No Michelle no tests offered, although i seem to have the symptoms of Miniers disease  it still doenst explain why im waking up feeling so awful and feeling sick does it. gor this constant full aching head feeling most the time. Im worried that im taking after my mum, she started like this and enede up having TIA  minis strokes, she id now on meds called clobidogeraol ? cant spell it, keeps her arteries open supplying blood to her brain. Oh and by the way the omeprazole the drs. also gave ehr stopped the clobidogerol from working, i watched her fading away before my eyes, took her down to drs after finding out she should never be taking the omeprazole with the clobidogerol. I hate to think what may have happened to her had i never found this out when i stayed with her that weekend. I hate taking meds i really do. 

Yes im sick of feeling unwell all the time too, meanapause, ME and now Miniers disease , talk about the 3 Ms  lol.   I took one of the tablets just before i was sick so i think i probably brought it up 

• Posted

Aww sorry to hear about your mum. That's how I feel constantly full heavy head feeling. I hate going and getting out of bed my b

Head feels so heavy when im lieing down and lifting my head off the pillow. Also when im turning in bed I feel dizzy sickly. When I walk I feel constantly woozy and off balance and got a constant headache. I need to go back to work ive been off nearly 4 weeks and I dont get sick pay. Just feel like im falling apart and can't do nothing about it.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I have been sleeping propped up the last couple of weeks and that seems to help.  Have you tried that yet? 

I can't wait for my CT scan today.  I hope they figure out what is going on.

• Posted

I tried it once yes but will try it again from tonight. Hope your scan goes ok and you find out what's causing it? Let us know please.
    • Posted

Thanks Michelle,

I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.  smile

Tina

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

It went good, it was over in minutes.  I'm still waiting to hear something from my doctor on the results.  I'm keeping my phone close to me so I don't miss the call.  wink

I'll let you know when I hear something.

How are you doing today?

• Posted

That's good that it went well☺. Don't results take a few weeks to come back? I'm just the same as my boss calls me wobbly bob haha. Got a call from hospital today they are sending me for an mri scan
    • Posted

Aww Michelle poor you felling like this and having to worry about returning to work as well. This where the government should be supporting people in in your boat. How on earth can you return to work like this, as you have been off for more than nerarly 4 weeks arnt you entitled to anything not even if the doctor says your not fit for work. What a worry for you. Are you by yourself? 
    • Posted

Nope don't get any payments off the government as I live with my partner and he's working more hours to help pay for bills next month as ill have nothing. I have a car etc to pay for too even though I can't drive at minute.
    • Posted

The nurse for the ENT doctor told me she is going to give the results to the doctor as soon as she has them and push her to get back to me today.  She is awesome.  Guess they feel bad for me cause I broke down crying when I was in there last week.  

I've been trying to work all this time too.  I've missed a lot though and our HR department is trying to get me some LOA pay.  It's just hard to give them enough info on how much more I'll miss since I don't really have answers yet.  Uggg, I know you're going through the same thing.

• Posted

Maybe getting an MRI will be a good thing so you know what the is going on.  
    • Posted

Ah that's good then least you'll hopefully have some answers soon then. Sounds like me I broke down yesterday in tears I can't cope and just need fixing. My company only pay ssp so im loosing a lit of money 😕
    • Posted

Sending you a big hug!!!  smile  We'll get through this, I know we will.  Have you booked your MRI yet?
    • Posted

Thanks tina I hope we will too. Keep my fingers and toes crossed. The hospital are booking the MRI scan but it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get me a scan with nhs.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

My CT Scan results came back normal.  I'm going back to my primary care doctor on Friday to figure out the next steps.  It does seem that some of the pressure has settled down in my head and sinuses, but definitely not gone.  The dizziness isn't as bad as it used to be, I get moments here and there like I just went on a rollercoaster loop, but they pass quickly.  I'm trying to get out and walk more to force the brain to handle all that better.  I guess it just takes time.  I just feel like it is taking longer because of all the head pressure and sinus pain.  

I'm going to see if my doctor will do a full blood work test.  I'm also going to ask about Lyme disease.  I know I'm reading the Internet too much, but I do seem to have a lot of the symptoms.  Who knows anymore, I've diagnosed myself with everything from  a brain tumor to a sinus infection, ear infection, and now lyme disease.  wink  

How are you doing?

• Posted

That's good news that your CT scan came back normal ☺. Ah that's brilliant that your feeling slightly better and getting out a bit and walking. Haha I'm the same always thinking I've got something then something else. I have to wait for my MRI scan coming through now which can take up to 6 weeks. I've been slightly better today noticed when im walking that I wasn't as dizzy. I do have my good and bad days. Keep me informed on your blood results ☺
    • Posted

I'm so glad you're having a good day today.  I do the same thing, good days and bad ones.  

I think I might have to go to a neurologist too, but I'll see what the doctor says on Friday.  I'll let you know.

Good luck on getting your MRI quickly.  I'm guessing I'm right behind you on getting that too.  

Keep me posted!

• Posted

OK good luck tina. I wish you better really soon. Keep me updated ☺ michelle.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

How have you been doing?

I got in with my doctor yesterday and he sent me straight to the lab to get a full blood work done.  Hope to have the results by next Wednesday.  He also gave me so steroids and a nerve pain to help with the sinus and ear pain I have going on.  He didn't want me in pain in the mean time.  

Hope to get some answers soon.  

Did you get an appointment setup with the neurologist?

Tina

• Posted

Hi tina. I'm feeling much better than I have been. The tablets are starting to work I think. I don't feel as much pressure in my head. I've got another nurology appointment a week tomorrow and they have put me on the list for an emergency MRI scan so just waiting for that appointment. I'm glad the docs have given you something for your pain
    • Posted

I am so glad to hear that you are doing much better.  That is awesome!

It sounds like we have some of the same symptoms with the head pressure.  

Let me know how your appointment goes.  I'll let you know what the blood results show.  

• Posted

Yeah it does sound like we have the same symptoms. I'll let you know thanks tina. You look after yourself and ill talk to you soon. Keep me posted michelle ☺
    • Posted

I'm really confused. I have been feeling much better last two days then since this afternoon I feel dizzy, sickly, heavy headed and off balance again. I dont get it I've been taking my tablets as i should do too. Do you know why this could happen tina?
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

i too am feeling really bad today.  I was doing better too but Today feel foggy, head and sinus pressure, and no energy at all.  I'm so sick of it. sad

• Posted

Me too im really sick of it. I've been on betahistine dihydrochloride for 11 days now and I was felling better last 2 days now feeling rubbish again. I really don't get it so fed up 😣
    • Posted

I'm on steroids, nerve pain medicine, and antibiotics.  They are all just what the doctor gave me to help with pain and the antibiotics are just in case.  He doesn't know what is wrong yet, but thankfully he gave me those things to get through until we figure it out.  I'm hoping to get my blood test results by Wednesday.  Hopefully sooner.  It seems like I might have some kinda infection and/or swelling going on in my forehead/sinus area.  The weird thing is the CT Scan showed no infection, so I think the doctor is thinking it could be something with the nerve because of the severe pain and pressure.  Ugggg, just want to be better.  Today it feels like the whole right side of my head is swollen and full of pressure.  Makes me feel foggy.  Just don't want the dizzy feeling. 

How are you doing today?

• Posted

I'm the same as yesterday feeling off balance, heavy headed like im rocking on a boat. Just been to see my doctor he said he won't put my betahistine dihydrochloride dose up yet as I was feeling better on Saturday. He said to give it another 2 weeks and see how I feel. I wanted to go back to work this week but I'm not up to it yet 😕. Let me know you3r blood tests results please.
    • Posted

It sure seems like a lot of hurry up and wait with all the doctors and medicine.  I hope your medicine starts to help again.  It helps having you to talk with through this.  smile

I'll let you know what I hear on the blood work.

Thank you!!!

• Posted

I'm the same as yesterday feeling off balance, heavy headed like im rocking on a boat. Just been to see my doctor he said he won't put my betahistine dihydrochloride dose up yet as I was feeling better on Saturday. He said to give it another 2 weeks and see how I feel. I wanted to go back to work this week but I'm not up to it yet 😕. Let me know your blood tests results please.
    • Posted

I know it's such a long waiting game with answers. You'd think they would be able to do more tests to find out what's wrong by now. Aww it helps talking to you too it's nice when someone understands what we are going through. Yeah keep me updated thanks ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.