Hiv symptoms but tested negative ?

Posted , 33 users are following.

So around 3 months ago I had unprotected sex with someone and shortly after developed symptoms similar to herpes. So I went to my doctor and asked for an std test and also an hiv test as I was also having hiv symptoms at the time. Everything came back negative including the hiv test. However I don't know what would be causing my symptoms. My symptoms are :

•weakness

•sore and aching muscles

•sore throat that comes and goes

•yeast infection and bacterial infection

•nausea

•weight gain without a change in diet

•dizziness

•racing heart at times not always

•shortness of breath at times

•swollen lymph node on one side of the neck

However the person that possibly could have infected me claims he regularly gets blood tests done and has been tested for stds. I'm just worried that I maybe tested too early . I tested around 1 month after possible infection. Is it possible to get a negative test when I'm positive if I test only a month after ? im really scared to go do a second test as I don't want to go through all the anxiety that it caused me doing the first test .

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi. Im also having a few symptoms like you . But for me once i have Gonorrhea a few months ago now its go away , i suspect that i was infected with HIV. But i m scare to do hiv test. Wht if the result is positive and its gonna ruin my future. Im 20 y/o still young and want to have a big family. Just bcs of my silly mistake I got hiv. Now i start to feel muscle pain and im not fever even my body temp. feel a bit diff. Like more warm. Im scared to do hiv test. Is there any possibilities for me to get infected with hiv if i have Gonorrhea before?
    • Posted

Hiv and Gonorrhea are two different thing.if you are convinced you might have caught the virus then it makes no difference if you do the test to confirm your conviction.But i tell you this,you are not hiv positive.do the test and get back to me.

• Posted

oh my god. its exactly how i feel. its one of my symptoms! did you tested in the end? what is the result if i may ask? your reply would be much appreciated!

• Posted

I was experiencing similar symptoms. All negative test results.  Did 10 day treatment of doxycycline. Now I’m just having pelvic pain around period n ovulating time  and muscle twitching . I have someone new I’m dating and I’m scared to have sex with them 
  • Posted

I am currently going through this anxiety myself. I have a doctors appointment tonight and I've made myself sick with worry and stress. But since I googled my 1st symptom, it seems to be each day I wake up with something else that I perceive to be related to HIV. Surely it's just the anxiety but it is still an awful feeling to go through.

• Posted

your mind plays alot of roll in what you seem to be experiencing.if you had your hiv test 3months after your encounter then you dont have hiv.That is the standard rule but from my experience if what you did is a blood test they probaboy can pick it up 1month after exposure.anxiety and worry can send those feeling of unwellness down your body and you will experience the symptoms you are experiencing.i know this because i have suffered hiv anxiety attack for more than 3 years in which i had at least one HIV test every month through out the 3 years.i would say i have had about 55 hiv test in my life time.i developed shingles about 5 years ago and a year of two after that is when i could help but think my shingles was as a result of hiv and so the battle started.Anyway the mind is a battle field and it has the power to generate thoughts so powerful that they mimic real symptoms.I can assure you that your situation is not hiv related.I know cause i reside in south africa and hiv is dominant here.Relax or this thoughts will consume you.

• Posted

Hi .I am ravi .I would like to share my story I had risky exposure 20 months ago .after that I started to develop hiv symptoms.I had flu ,rashes on my trunk and started gain weight for one year.after one year I had flu ,I lost the weight which I gained and I have been in pain till now .I had swollen nodes in my neck one side they came down .I got swollen node in my groin and bad athlete foot.I didn't took any medicine for athlete foot it become fine but now again started to create problem .current my symptoms are white tongue,sore throat,pain in ear,sleepless nights for year now .in these 20 months I have tested for hiv 8 times ,some tests were both antibodies and antigen tests and remaining just antibodies tests .I took cbc test ,Thyroid test ,urine analysis,syphilis test,hepatitis a,b,c tests ,vitamin tests ,esr test .all came back normal .still my heart is stucked on hiv .

• Posted

You see the mind is a battle field. I am currently battling right kidney hydronephrosis. My mimd keeps calling my attention to the fact that i am going to die. Reality is i probably can live the rest of my Life with one kidney. Now because i am so worried i am getting this needle pricking feeling around my waist which is as a result if what my mind is telling me. Gone are the days when hiv hides. Hiv is one of the most sensitive virus around now and an elisa would almosy pick it up at 2months.your symptoms are most likely mind induced.

• Posted

Nice to hear that you are healing now .bro what I will tell you my symptoms are going worst day by day .sore throat is still there and white tongue is not healing too,every day I see new rash on my face and in head.today I noticed big water blister close to vulva.It is increasing day by day .I didn't use any antiviral complement except ginger.

• Posted

Could you please recommend and suggest me what I will do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.