Home remedy for Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 84 users are following.

I had a Bartholin cyst, didn't think much of it but then after about 10 days it got very big and became infected. I took a course of anti-biotics and also looked into alternative treatments, the antibiotics seemed to take care of the infection but the fluid in the cyst remained. I also found a very helpful site which suggested camomile with 1 ts witchhazel and 1 tsp tea tree oil, I didn't have any camomile so used camomile tea instead, and then to soak a cotton pad and gently bath the cyst while massaging it. This was wonderfully soothing and did reduce the size of the cyst but again I found that it didn't really get rid of the problem. Some have reported that the cyst has drained by this method but it didn't really work with me that way, reduced but then didn't cure. Then I read somewhere about Serrapeptase, took this twice a day on an empty tummy and within 4 days of taking it the cyst completely disappeared !!! I am so thankful to the american lady who posted this on the internet and hope that this works for others out there, it's a very painful thing to have but SERRAPEPTASE really did help shift it once and for all for me.

Good luck ladies !!!!

6 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Had a uninfected bartholin cyst since I was in my 20's now im 37. About the size of a grape the worst it got was the size of a walnut with no pain. Started taking serrapeptase but in canada 90,000 ui was the highest so i knew i wasnt going to get the full effect. So i bought it anyway from a health store from the states. cyst went down to the point where my labia was back to normal (a little saggy because of cyst though).Ordered the 120,000ui and expressed it to my home will do a follow up to let you guys know how it goes.

Tea tree,witch hazel, and calomine lotion do work but be careful with the tea tree it burns like hell and i was using the 15% diluted brand. I cant stand the smell at all so whenver i finish in the bathroom i will wipe my cyst with a cotton ball of tea tree oil  and right away put a cotton pad with witch hazel and goldenseal or I would put a camomile teabag at night while i sleep.

Make sure to cut down sweets too. I drink tea no sugar, take probiotic yogurt (not the pills because they upset my stomach real bad when i was taking them), eat pineapple which is an anti-inflammatory, and drink lots of water. Just to name a few things.

Remember the cyst has to be cleared up from the inside of your body also so try to eat well and change up your diet.

Thats all good luck and I will update as soon as i see changes!

• Posted

Hi..im here in dubai..i have lots of question to ask since i also dont know what to do with my bc. it has now become bigger like 2inch in length...i was looking for witch hazel but i can not find it here...is it ok if i will substitute it with chamomile tea? I also found the serrapeptase but it contains only 60000ui, it indicates to take 1's in a day, is it ok if i take it twice a day...like 1 in the morning and the other in the evening... and when applying the mixture of tea tree oil+calamine lotion+chamomile, do i also need to rub it insi
    • Posted

I use a circular cotton pad (that covers my BC) you mix everything and pour it on the pad. Tea tree is very strong to me even though the one i have is diluted it burned me make sure you  coat the cyst with an oil before applying the tea tree. 

Serrapeptase take one as soon as you get up when your stomach is empty and one in the afternoon/evening. 

Ive used many things not all will work but everyone is different...

witch hazel

right now im using magnesium sulfate cream which  works through your skin to soften the cyst. and i also use zinc cream(diaper rash cream for babies) the highest level of zinc is better but i dont have much choices where i live so i had to used the baby cream. which is very messy im observing to see how that goes so far the cyst is very soft

you can make an epsom salt paste(magnesium sulfate)if you dont have the cream available.you mix the epsom salt with a little hot water to melt it to a paste and put it on the cotton pad. always coat the cyst with something so it doesnt burn your skin. 

• Posted

inside the labia or outside only...because im not sure where exactly to rub them...i hope this will work because hospital here are expensive and im not sure if it covers by the insurance and dont like medical operations...:-(
    • Posted

Hi there,

Witchhazel is preferred as it's an anti-inflammatory so will reduce the swelling and ease the discomfort but by all means try the camomile tea as well as the tea tree oil/camomile lotion as those ingredients have similar benefits so you will probably benefit from just the 2 anyways ... I rubbed it both inside and outside the labia, basically wherever I felt the lump.  With the serrapeptase by all means take 2 tablets twice daily on an empy tummy and see if you can have the same benefits.  I wish you so much luck and hope that you find the solution that works for you.:o) 

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I have a smiliar problem, there seems to be some sorts of blisters appearing around the labial region constantly since last 3 years. Recetly the limits were crossed when one appeared on the vulva and it began to look like a bartholin cyst or abscess...

Anyways, my gp advised a surgery and the heartless doctor in the gyn ward cut me open without giving me any anaesthesia at all.

I am in trauma and cannot even sleep.

SERRAPEPTASE

Anyways, I would like to try the Serrapeptase and see if it works for me. Where should I buy it becoz amazon UK has many companies selling and there is something different in all of them. Any suggestions?

Your advice will be truly appreciated.

Thanks so much 

• Posted

Hey there,

I am not sure it matters what brand you go for but if you can get the highest dose of iu then that is preferred.  Mine was 80,000 iu but some on here have managed to find 120,000 iu.  I did have a look to see if it actually matters how many tablets you take in a day and it seems that you can take as many as you like to get the desired results as long as on an empty tummy. I took them twice daily and that seemed to do the job for me.  I wish you the best of luck and really hope that you manage to get some sleep soon !! xx  

• Posted

I bought my serrapetase online, the brand i bought was called Doctors Best (thats the brand i saw someone use online for their cyst). There is also a brand called Trophic which I bought before but it was only 90ui. I think the lower the UI the longer it will take your the cyst to heal but not everybody is the same.

Emis Moderator comment: I removed the link as we do not publish links to selling sites. If users want the link please use the message facility to exchange these.

• Posted

Thanks so much Sophie22438, I will buy it and share my results with you all.Thanks a million
    • Posted

Thanks Nat, I will buy from amazon, the highest one that I can and share my results with you all.thanks so much taking time to write back to me.
  • Posted

Oh and I've read that cysts are linked to iodine deficiency, so we should all be on a good quality iodine supplement too, as a preventative :-)
  • Posted

I'm suffering from a very painful BC at the moment & three days into a course of antibiotics from my GP it has gotten a little better. After coming across this post I've ordered serrapeptase 120,000 iu from Amazon so will start this when it arrives. Thank you to Sophie & everyone else who have shared their experience to help others. I will need to research the miracle method/cure that has been mentioned here & on other posts I've came across but can anyone let me know what it is & what you do?
  • Posted

Hi I'm 21 and I've had 3 re occurring cysts on the left side. I finally got a small surgery where the doctor sewed the walls of the cyst open so that it may constantly drain. Now I've been great ever since and when I started feeling uncomfortable on the other side I immediately googled up if it's possible for the other gland to start clogging up and if there's anything I can do to prevent having it from getting infected and going threw all the pain. So I'm really glad I came across your blog so I can try  Serrapeptase. But do you think you can tell me your full routine when you were taking the supplement? Like did you take one in the morning and right before bed, or two at the same time. Did you still do sitz baths? I just don't want to go threw the pain again because I'm a big baby lol 
  • Posted

Thank you Sophie!!  I think the Serrapeptase worked also for me!!!  Thank you for posting!!.  I couldn't find you at first but posted this just a few minutes ago - see below- but again, thank you so much for posting.  I told my Gyno about it today so hopefully if this is the reason, word can be spread to help others with this nightmare condition!!!  I also used some hydrogen peroxide mixture this time as well.  

Hello.  My first time joining online group (not even on FB) but I told the Universe if I got rid of my BC I would let others know so maybe it works for them too!!  This was my 7th time with the cyst over the last 9 years.  Every other time I have ended up in extreme pain and having to have the catheder put in to drain over a few weeks.  It has always gone away at least for a few months at minimum after the procedure.  In the past, it has always flared after having sex & usually while on my cycle.  This time I had been celibate for a few weeks, but was spotting.   (didn't even have sex with myself) I woke up last Wednesday morning sore, then felt the familiar lump and pain sad  I was mortified and planned again to do everything possible to cure on my own, even though it had never worked before..  I didn't have health insurance this time til 9-1  (new job) and it was coming on a long holiday weekend. ER's typically don't have the special cathedar that my gyno has on hand.   In the past - and this time- I have done pretty much all of the following: prayer, reiki, crystal stones, silica, vitamin D, C, colloidal silver, hot sitz baths in epsom salts (I even have a special bucket- more like plastic storage box- for this), different essential oils in the sitz baths, ect..   A few of the things I did do in past but not this time was the calamine/witch hazel/tea tree oil remedy, special figs in season cut and put up inside me (was told that was a folk remedy), castor oil packs - I can't even think of all the things I tried they were so numerous!  I know the body can cure itself, I know natural remedies are the way (I cured my lupus over 10 years now-no meds -diet, lifestyle worked for me), but it never worked before for the BC..  So this time, I did most all the above.  But I did 2 new things.... I think it was on this site, I saw someone mention the supplement "Serrapeptase".  It was new info since the last time I had a BC (1 yr ago) I immediately went to the health food store and purchased for twice as much as it is on Amazon.  Didn't have time for shipping!!  I purchased the Doctors Best Best Serrapeptase.  The dosage is only 1 per day.  I started Wednesday (8-27-14) evening- taking 2 in morning on empty stomach and then 2 before dinner on empty stomach every day since.  You can google, some say side effects if take too much, but I have been fine personally.  I don't think this is vegan and I am trying not to find out, as I am strict lacto /ovo-if organic ect -but with this cyst, I give up my ethics for a moment to cure...  sad  Then I also used a homemade mouth wash/rinse - food grade hydrogen peroxide mixed with water-  you will have to google the amount to make a mouth rinse as food grade is very potent.  I don't even make it strong enough to foam in my mouth, so maybe a weaker solution even that what you can find online.. I would squirt it into my va-jay-jay a couple times a day (at least before bed and in morning after using bathroom & before going to work.  Thinking that the gland is blocked maybe by bacteria (hence the history of getting it after sex & on cycle) ??  and the mixture can help clean and dissolve so it can drain on its own.... So please try those last two things and of course everything else to see what works for you.  I went to the the OBGYN today and it is still there, only about a cm she said, but there is NO pain and I can barely feel it.  I will keep on the same remedies to it completely goes away (they can flare up fast so I will stay on it!).  This is the first time I have ever gotten it to go from very painful (typically means infection) and huge (pingpong size almost) to no bother at all, but need to make sure really gone.  I hope everyone finds their own cure and please share if any remedies works!  I am still trying to figure out why this happens (what are emotional triggers/feelings that I need to deal with?)  so if anyone has insight on that aspect, please post!!!

Good Luck!!

• Posted

Hi there 

just wanted to share my own remedy that had worked ever since I found out.

sometimes you can kinda feel well before it starts that it may be coming again, one sign I usually find is that I have no discharge at all and I usually have a weird pain starting inside. 

what you need to do is ask someone to massage your back. yep. But first you need to get someone to press your lower back, almost like run their fingers with pressure down in column's on your lower back Till they can feel a lump and usually you will feel pain, it will kinda feel like a bruise as if someone is pressing your bruise. Once you've found that spot lie on your side, if cyst is one right lie on your left side and vice versa.  As you lie on your side, someone needs to massage that lump downwards with a little water for moisture. Repeat this step for a few days till lump goes away and pain. 

I have done this many times and swear by it, the first massage is really painful because from the feeling of a bruise it will feel like someone is pressing on a broken bone..but trust me the pain will subside and breakdown that blockage.

let me know how it goes for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.