Home remedy for Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 84 users are following.

I had a Bartholin cyst, didn't think much of it but then after about 10 days it got very big and became infected. I took a course of anti-biotics and also looked into alternative treatments, the antibiotics seemed to take care of the infection but the fluid in the cyst remained. I also found a very helpful site which suggested camomile with 1 ts witchhazel and 1 tsp tea tree oil, I didn't have any camomile so used camomile tea instead, and then to soak a cotton pad and gently bath the cyst while massaging it. This was wonderfully soothing and did reduce the size of the cyst but again I found that it didn't really get rid of the problem. Some have reported that the cyst has drained by this method but it didn't really work with me that way, reduced but then didn't cure. Then I read somewhere about Serrapeptase, took this twice a day on an empty tummy and within 4 days of taking it the cyst completely disappeared !!! I am so thankful to the american lady who posted this on the internet and hope that this works for others out there, it's a very painful thing to have but SERRAPEPTASE really did help shift it once and for all for me.

Good luck ladies !!!!

6 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just ordrered this online. I am suffering from the Bartholyn Cyst too.
    • Posted

Sending you a hug xxx Silica will really help you.  It has kept me out of hospital.  Some silica doesnt work for me.  Private message me if yours doesnt work and want the brand I use. 
  • Posted

Omg I'm were did you get all the ingredients from??? Mine Is nor big at all but its lpvery irritating
    • Posted

You could try the health shop.  Private message me if you want some links on line as they will delete if I post here.  Again anybody can...
  • Posted

So it definitely won't go away on its own? I developed one about a week after my first pap smear test. The test was pretty traumatizing, very painful, and the doctor wasn't very gentle. Apparently I wasn't relaxed enough. But anyway, now I have a cyst down there. It doesn't appear to be getting any bigger anymore. I may try lancing it. I really don't want to go back to my rough-handed doctor, nor do I want to meet another doctor for just this purpose as it seems like a hassle if I can indeed take care of it myself.
    • Posted

I dont think it will go by itself.  Read up on different things people use for natural remedies.  ps change your doctor!  You pay for the service!
    • Posted

I agree, find a new gyno dr.  You don't have to put up with rough dr.  Find a woman dr, the ones I have had have been very gentle.
  • Posted

What works for me

Done this with my last 3 episodes. Just want to share it hoping that it will work for all the other sufferers.

As soon as I start to feel pain down there, I take 2 Advil cold and sinus or Advil Cold and flu liquigels. Continue taking the advils as if treating a cold. Then, sitz bath (once or twice a day) with epsom salt- massage the lump. Keeps it from going full blown infection- less painful. Usually, by the third day- I massage the lump again and the yucky stuff comes out.

It did not burst...the yucky stuff came out of the bartholin's duct. It's like...the cold meds unclogged it. 

i know a couple of things that triggers mine:

-wearing tight yoga pants for a long time

-using cheap toilet paper 

Please try this remedy maybe it will work for you too

• Posted

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been in so much pain for days and thought I was gonna have to go to the gyno until I found this post. I raced to the health food store here (Florida) and found the LAST bottle of serrapeptase on the shelf. I took it right before I went to dinner with my family and say down in pain. By the time I finished my glass of wine I was running around the restaurant with my kid and completely forgot about the cyst. When I got home I checked and it had drained on its own! That was about 3 hours for it to work. I seriously can't thank you enough!
  • Posted

Hi ladies. I am 48 and just had my first Bartholin cyst abscess.  OMG.  I was searching the internet like crazy trying to figure out what it was and what to do about it and came across this site.  I have felt the pain before when the gland acts up, but it wasn't infected so I never paid that much attention and never knew about this condition. but this must have been my first time with the abscess (infected cyst) because I've never experienced this level of pain. Mine got the size of a grape, I can't imagine what a bigger one would have been like.  This episode lasted about 2 weeks with the pain steadily getting worse down there and more uncomfortable. I felt achy through my back and sort of sweaty and warm at times.  Yesterday I couldn't sleep, felt sick to stomach and had chills and then would be hot.  I know now that was the infection causing all those symptoms.  I missed work yesterday I felt so bad. I started searching the Internet to figure out what this burning painful lump near my vagina was and came up with the Bartholin Cyst. Then started to search what to do about it and what the heck is it.  I didn't have any of the items on hand to try and use but I did have hot water.  I got 2 thick bath towels and a zip lock bag.  I sat in my reclining chair with a thick towel under me and a towel over me to cover me.  I filled a quart size zip lock bag with pretty hot water, as hot as I could stand. I sat in the reclining chair and placed the bag directly on the cyst.  After about 20-30 minutes when the water cooled down I made another bag of fresh hot water and sat again.  I noticed the hot water does loosen up the lump so I think the massaging will work.  As I was moving my bag around to make sure it was in contact with the lump I felt a wetness, my lump had burst. Instant relief!!  I headed straight for the toilet so I could help drain it all out.  Mine didn't seem to have a lot of pus but it did have a lot of blood.  So for me the hot/warm water soaking worked.  I'm pretty confused about all these other remedies I have read but if these things do come and go I want to prevent it or at least have a plan next time I feel this pain starting.  So I'm going to keep reading up on them. I'm going to get an antibiotic today to be sure the infection won't come back. The cyst has drained for now and hopefully it won't clog back up right away.  Good luck to any women who suffer with this cyst when it gets infected.  It is painful hell.
  • Posted

Please tell

Me where I can buy this.!! Please. I am suffering right now and I honestly am so tired of going to the doctor every three months

• Posted

Stephanie: i had my first 'infected' bartholin cyst a couple months ago.  i didn't know what it was!  All i know is i needed relief.  Try this: don't wear tight underware, or pants.  Sleep with no underwear on.  if you want to try to unclog your bartholin gland, put very warm water in a zip lock bag and place the bag directly on the cyst.  let the warm water just do the work.  you might feel the clog get very soft as you massage it.  that is the clogged liquid in the gland getting soft.  Use that water till it cools down, about 20 min, then refill with warm water again.  do this each day till your clogged gland goes away.  if you have an infection, you will know because it will become a large 'ball' that won't pop.  Do the same treatment.  The ball will eventually pop.  have a towel under you incase there is alot of blood - that's what happend to me.  Now i know what it is, and i know what to do.  Good luck.  let us know if that works!!
  • Posted

Hi, I came on this site when i was told i had a cyst. I had never had one before but I instictively 'knew' how to treat it. I am a healer of sorts if you will. So I thought I would share. It started out as a small dot. I went ot the doctors who told me it was a cyst and nothing to worry about. But week on week it got bigger! I decided to treat it myself  with Sodium Bicarbonate. Bicarbonate of soda! It is alkalike and 100% natural and can be used for many things. It is naturally alkaline  and isn't patented for that very reason ( not owned by big pharma so they will not shout about all its health benefits as it doesn't make them any money!)

I wont bash on about the other health benefits of bicarb (though there are many) I will let you google that for yourself!

You can get premium grade bi carb from the chemist, but the stuff from the supermarket is the same , just lower grade. And its cheap!! I get mine from Boots, a tub for a quid. As bi carb is alkaline it balances the bodys natural PH, especially with all the acidic products we allow into our bodies, and gives us what we need. (again look into this for yourself).

Basically i mixed a teaspoon of bicarb with a smidge of water and made into a paste. I then used some savlon antiseptic cream (smidge on your finger to pick up/carry the bicarb paste)  and pasted it/rubbed into the area.

This i did four times a day.

I also ingested a teaspoon of bi carb ( mixed with warm water) three times a day.

Within 24 hours it had shrunk. Within 72 it had all but gone! 

A cyst is acid. Bi carb is alkaline. Dig??

I hope this helps!

• Posted

I'm going to look this up, I'm in the states. I've suffered with this almost none stop for 5 years and ive almost got so down about it ive thought about doing the unspeakable.. thanks for the tip

• Posted

I'm going to look this up, I'm in the states. I've suffered with this almost none stop for 5 years and ive almost got so down about it ive thought about doing the unspeakable.. thanks for the tip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.