Home remedy for Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 84 users are following.

I had a Bartholin cyst, didn't think much of it but then after about 10 days it got very big and became infected. I took a course of anti-biotics and also looked into alternative treatments, the antibiotics seemed to take care of the infection but the fluid in the cyst remained. I also found a very helpful site which suggested camomile with 1 ts witchhazel and 1 tsp tea tree oil, I didn't have any camomile so used camomile tea instead, and then to soak a cotton pad and gently bath the cyst while massaging it. This was wonderfully soothing and did reduce the size of the cyst but again I found that it didn't really get rid of the problem. Some have reported that the cyst has drained by this method but it didn't really work with me that way, reduced but then didn't cure. Then I read somewhere about Serrapeptase, took this twice a day on an empty tummy and within 4 days of taking it the cyst completely disappeared !!! I am so thankful to the american lady who posted this on the internet and hope that this works for others out there, it's a very painful thing to have but SERRAPEPTASE really did help shift it once and for all for me.

Good luck ladies !!!!

6 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

P.s...you can use olive oil as a carrier instead of savlon, just works for me smile
  • Posted

I also have BC for alrdy 5 yrs. Tried to use the mixture of tea treatment oil, witch hazel and calamine lotion but didn't work. Also tried sit baths also didn't work. I can't afford d day surgery in singapore coz it cost 4k. I tried finding the serrapeptase but they only have 10000 iu here. Will it work? I'm really stress coz it's really affecting my sex life. Im too ashamed to show it.
  • Posted

What works for me is opening up the bartholins duct ... It's a small tube opening connected to the gland... (I don't know if it's the same for all but I found the duct right beside my clitoris) What I do is I sit on the toilet and place a magnifying mirror in front so I can see everything down there. I take a q-tip - right beside the hole and fingers on the other side- to open up the hole ...then I push the q-tip down to squeeze the contents of the swollen gland. This happened to me the other day- it started on Friday morning and right after I did the extraction I felt so much better... But before that I took two shots (1tbsp every 6 hours) of benelyn mucous and phlegm syrup... A remedy I used from my past flares... It worked by keeping the swelling down and I think maybe unclogging the duct ... I read it in one of the replies here about taking cough syrup for loosening mucous. I don't understand marsupialization... Why do they have to slice the gland when they can just unclogg the duct? Like -it's right there the opening is right there!

Try this remedy but make sure your to wash your hands before doing it smile

• Posted

Hi all, I recently had a word catheter put in (as an alternative to marsupialisation) & it was sooo painful. The Dr said I could resume my normal activities - jogging etc, but I walked out of the surgery and once the local anasthetic began to wear off about 20 minutes later I could barely walk (the catheter is like a pen sized tube inserted into the cyst, and held in place with a saline filled balloon on the end that blows up to the size of a large marble inside you). If the cyst isnt bad enough - my recent one was lemon sized, then the saline balloon makes it even worse. Walking just tore at it and when I sat down it wedged up high inside me - excruciating pain. The Dr said "Oh just take 2 ibuprophen alternated with 2 panadols every few hours, for the next few days and it should calm down". After 3 days I took to it with some scizzors to make it shorter, which helped about 5% of the pain, then I decided to cut it even shorter and I burst the whole thing and it fell out. Although it cost $300, I've never been so relieved. I then sat in a very hot bath with tea tree oil in it and it has cleared up. I guess it's like being lanced, which as I've read, the more you lance it, the greater the chances of re-infection. One thing I am curious about - each time I've gotten this cyst it has been summer (hot & humind in Australia), and I have been wearing my swimsuit alot. I wonder if this exacerbates the issue? I am going to be very careful not to wear my swimsuit for long and to have lots of hot tea tree baths to keep it flushed. I had my first cyst at age 38, it ended up bursting during a Spin cycling workout. The second one imrpoved slightly during a hot bath, and then I realised (after looking at it closely in a full length mirror whilst bent over backwards), that it was actually draining, just very very slowly. The Dr concurred and advised me to "milk it" with my fingers in the bath. Ew! It worked though. So I do think the bath solution can help and you have to be patient - ie sit in there for an hour or so. Also all the other suggestions here seem good too. After the latest course of antibiotics I am taking acidophilus tablets and making my own kefir to drink to re-establish the good bacteria in my gut and im avoiding yeast and sugar too so I don't get thrush. (ie cakes, pancakes, beer etc). I hope this can help someone! Good luck, it's no fun. 
    • Posted

Tea tree oil did help with a yeast infection of mine but haven't got it to drain my cyst. How much do you put in your bath? What mixture did you use to help balance your body? I think my body is off balanced to. Thank you

• Posted

Tea tree oil did help with a yeast infection of mine but haven't got it to drain my cyst. How much do you put in your bath? What mixture did you use to help balance your body? I think my body is off balanced to. Thank you

• Posted

All these sad stories! Breaks my heart that others have gone through what I have and worse. I'm 30 years old and have been dealing with a syst since I was 20 years old. Ten years of this crap. I feel your pain ladies. Literally!!! It's been five years..yes five since I had a reacuring cyst. I knew I was never home free but was so happy it didn't flare up. It would sometimes come back painless and small. Sometimes big but always drained on its own the past few years. Thanks god. Until recently.

I was having sex with my boyfriend and felt so much pain. We stopped and I went to the bathroom crying and scared him (we are newly together) so embarrassing. And it was enflamed to the max. Not as big as normal but definitely hurt and inflamed!

The agony! Previously I always had the same experience. Go in bite the bullet and have it cut open and cathedarized. I've never had children but I'd rather give birth than do this ever again. Am I crazy? Lol

I've had the word catheter with the ballon filled with saline. How many painful days and nights. Even a trip in an ambulance at 21. Didn't help when the extremely good looking peremedic men asked "so what's going on with you this evening." "Oh you know my vagina has an open wound with a word catheter in it that's falling out and killing me. How's your night? Wanna go out some time?!" Yea ...

I've learned over the hundreds of word catheters to ASK FOR GAUZE PACKING instead of that. Less painful usually and easier to walk and sleep with. Heads up to all who will once again go under the knife.

Follow up in a couple days with your dr and get it either removed or replaced depending on how it is. I'm writing because I DESCOVERED SOMETHING AMAZING. Not a cure per say. After my follow up gauze removed. After care was trying to fit my big ass in a tub per usual. Ugh. Kept it clean. Warm and dry. I still felt a bit of a bump and I've been dying to get my hands on my man again so I started researching.

So many sad stories and blogs but I kept coming across this herbal medicine called silica! So I did some research. Totally natural no side affects. We all get desperate. The only herbal home remedy I saw that someone else didn't post a side affect on.

I bought SUPER SILICA COMPLEX! In the US (where I'm from) it's at the vitamins shoppe online. I figured what the hell. Let's try it. It's a one a day pill.

I'm on day two...what the hell ....it's working!!! The size dramatically changed!! No discomfort. So small now after two days. Coincidence ? Idk but it happened after the pills! They're freakin horse pills so get ready lol

Last night I wanted to test this out. My wound is tender but I wanted to see if being aroused would be painful ( sometimes it can be for some reason). ABOUT TO GET A BIT DETAILED FYI. So I watched a video...you know the kind...and ended up being fine so I went a step further. Just outer stimulation and finished with no pain. It's been a week since surgery so I'm thrilled! (Who wouldn't be after that lol)

Heads up. Some women says the pill doesn't work for them. But I wanted to share anyway in hopes that it might help someone else reading my experience. There are so many of us dealing with this. painful annoying life changing and can cause serious depression. I hope you ladies take care of yourselves and stay strong!! Thanks for reading my novel. Xo

• Posted

So happy for you :-)  I am 34 and had it since 23.  Been to the hospital many times because of it.  Silica is the wonder drug.  I must really stress to readers that some silica's are perhaps not as good as my one I buy in New Zealand that is made in Australia (they ship around the world), private message me if someone wants to know as when my one was out of stock it did NOTHING.  So ladies dont give up on silica straight away if it doesnt work.  I actually use silica spray and spray it directly...you can feel it working.  I havent had one for a year now....yay.... try not to be stressed and drink more water also.  xxx
  • Posted

This is really the most traumatising and depressing thing any woman can go through. I must simply share what worked for me this time around.

At the first sign, i boosted my immune system with vitamine D3 and colloidal silver.

When i took 2 doses of silicea 30c the inflammtion was down by half the next morning. My herbalist gave me Poria Five to help move and drain the stagnation. Liquid advil was my best friend prior.

Maintenance of cranberry to keep ut clean is the most important i realize now, and im reading tumeric pills for maintenance as well to keep all inflamation in the body to a minimum and D3 for immune support . Between those three, our bodies are well supported. Hoping this is the last time.

Good luck ladies. Avoid lancing, it creates trauma in the system. Pharmaceutical Antibiotics should be last resort. Try fighting with natural and homeopathic remedies first!

God bless. Love and light my warrior Godesses!

• Posted

I noticed a pea sized lump yesterday and after panicing for a bit i checked google and figured out it was a bartholin cyst, i immediately took a bath then thought i'd give using a hot water bottle a try.

After keeping the hot water bottle against the lump for about 2 hours i gently squeezed the lump and it broke open quite easily and with no pain, i then used a cotton pad soaked in water and apple cider vinegar for another couple of hours and was able to finish cleaning it out.

It's been 2 days now and the lump is nearly gone. Obviously this might not work for everyone depending on how advanced it is but to my relief it did seem to work wonders for me.

• Posted

I keep reading that people's are busting. Mines under the skin fairly deep can I still drain it?

• Posted

I keep reading that people's are busting. Mines under the skin fairly deep can I still drain it?

• Posted

Hi Amanda

What happened with your cyst? Mine is really deep too.

I am a little confused because I had a big cyst which turned into an abscess and this was massive.. I had antibiotics and it shrunk.. The infection went leaving a cyst which was about the size of a grape and squishy.. As this got smaller I realised there was also a hard pea sized lump.. Which I thought might be the duct itself.. But I don't have the hard lump on the other side. This hard lump has remained and I don't really understand what it is. Can someone tell me what there cyst is like? Is it hard or squishy?

Mine is now a hard lump and it's quite deep.

Please help I don't know what to do sad

• Posted

LADIES I HAD A HUGE CYST! THE PAIN WAS INTENSE AND UNBELIEVABLE! I PURCHASED FROM WALGREENS SOMETHING CALLED "PRID" it's a salve! I applied it at 9:30 at night(bad mistake) as this brings the cyst to a very hard head and very painful BUT by 3 am I was up and my cyst was draining! Instant relief... This stuff is the best and works in hours!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.