Home Remedy for Bartholin Cyst that WORKS!

Posted , 108 users are following.

I'm 24 and starting getting bartholin cysts just over a year ago. It has recurred at least 6 or 7 times, and I have had an Incision and Drainage performed twice, one under local anesthetic and once under general. I can't stress enough, GET THE GENERAL! The needle with the anesthetic was BEYOND painful, and I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed bloody murder when they cut the thing open! Hands down, the most painful experience of my life. With the general, I experienced zero pain and no memory of the procedure.

Yesterday, to my horror I felt the familiar hardened bump start to rise. Today at work, where I sit at a desk all day, the pain went from tolerably uncomfortable to unbearable. After being driven to the ER and speaking with a doctor, I decided to forgo the surgery, or at least postpone it, and give home remedies one last try. In my searches through forums and websites, I saw the same remedy mentioned a few times: Phoebe's Cure. I decided I had nothing to lose, drove to the pharmacy, and picked up the necessary ingredients: a bottle of calamine lotion, a bottle of witch hazel, a bottle of tea tree oil, and a roll of gauze. At this point, it was about 5:00 in the afternoon. I drove home, drew myself a hot bath and added Epson salts, and sat for about 20 minutes. When I got out, I soaked the gauze in a mixture of 6 oz of calamine lotion, 2 teaspoons of witch hazel, and 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil. The recipe actually only asks for 1 teaspoon of the latter two ingredients, but at that point I was almost hysterical with pain so I figured, go big or go home. I soaked the gauze in the mixture, then covered the cyst (likely an abscess at this point) with the gauze, held in place with my underwear. I left this for about 40 minutes, swapped for a hot compress for about 10 minutes, then applied another soaked gauze for about 30 minutes. At this point, I couldn't even help crying from the pain. I took a painkiller, and drew myself another hot bath, this time using table salt instead of Epson salts. I stayed in again for about 20 minutes, then restarted the cycle of changing the soaked gauze every 30 minutes or so. I could feel the cyst growing in size and getting even harder, and I noticed the mixture in the gauze was causing some stinging. At around 9:00, about 3 and a half hours after I drew the first bath, (WARNING, this is gross! Please do not read past this point if you are squeamish!) I was lying on the couch and suddenly felt liquid drip down. I put some mild pressure on the gauze, then went to the bathroom to see what was going on. Full disclosure, I'm also on my period right now, making it extremely difficult for me to tell exactly what was going on. I pulled the gauze away and sure enough there was a large spot of pus about as big as a Canadian Twoonie. I wanted to cry in relief, but didn't let myself believe I was out of the woods yet. I swapped for a new gauze again, left it, checked again, and sure enough, more pus. I put pressure on the spot where it seemed to be originating from with the gauze, and when I pulled it away, more pus. I cried with absolute relief.

I have never, ever found a home remedy that was even remotely effective for this ailment or any other. I am BLOWN AWAY at how effective this was! Let me preface this by saying I'm not a medical professional by any means, but I believe this worked by bringing the pus to the surface of the abscess until it finally burst. The originating spot of the pus was the spot that had become the hardest and probably the most painful point on the abscess over the three and a half hours of changing gauzes.

If you experience painful bartholin cysts or abscesses, PLEASE give this a try! Absolutely worth it!

10 likes, 190 replies

190 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Phoebe's cure is amazing!! Been doing it for the past 2 days with an epsom salt bath once a day. Left it on overnight last night and woke up in excruciating pain. Took a bath and it popped... instant pain relief.  I'm so grateful to all you brave ladies for sharing your stories smile 

• Posted

I’m 17 and this is the third time my cyst has gotten infected. The first time I had no idea what it was but it was a constant pain and discomfort to the point where I could not even walk. It took three days for it to pop. The second time resulted in me going to the hospital which was the worst decision I ever made, the doctor was rude and rough. The numbing medicine did not even work and the pain was even worse. Yesterday was the third time I got the infection and I’m glad I caught the swelling early. I started crying in fear because I was afraid of the pain I was going to have to go through but my boyfriend found this cure and I am happy he did. I was still able to walk yesterday so I got the ingredients for the cure and it worked!! I am so happy! But I am having the surgery soon so hopefully I won’t go through this again!! Thank you for sharing this cute it really helped me out! 
    • Posted

How many times did you do the gauze? I’m hoping this works for me as the pain is awful! 
  • Posted

Hi,

Wow you brave girl! I too suffer with this nasty cyst and it really affects my gym time, I love nothing more than getting on my spin bike. Mine has flared up I’m going to go out and get these ingredients today! The docs just don’t really know how to help other than what seems like butcher us. Thank you for this too too I hope things are all good now. Xx all the way from the uk xx

• Posted

I too am suffering at the moment! The pain is horrendous but I’m hoping phoebes cure works for me.. 
  • Posted

Oh dear god! I have been cursed with a few of these damn things over the last few years.. been to my gp twice in 7 days to be told to go home and continue with the antibiotics. Sorry doc, it feels like my insides are falling out! 

I’m currently on round two of the phoebes cure process, laying on a towel, complete with tears! Praying this will work as I can’t stand the pain anymore ????

• Posted

I’m so sorry, it’s just not fair! When mine is being good I still treat it with tea tree oil. I also take Silica complex to, that’s supposed to help dry out cyst. I’ll tske anything! Hang in there! X
    • Posted

After 36 hours of bathing, and switching to the mixture of phoebes cure I woke at 3am to such pain, I waddled to the bathroom  as you do, my body tired and broken. I sat on the loo, and when I did a pee, and did all I could muster for a wipe, I saw pus.. that cyst was going to be empty by the time I was finished with it. I delicately, and I mean delicately!! Used the tissue to squeeze the cyst empty. Once it started to empty, a mixture of pus and blood, the relief really was instant! I cried with relief!! A few hours later, I managed to sleep a bit and now it feels like a distant memory! It did mess up our ivf cycle which was the most upsetting thing about it. But we can try again I know. 

Stick with this treatment ladies, it will work for you. It just has to get worse before it gets better x 

• Edited

I usually don’t do reviews on things but but this one felt important. I’ve been getting these cysts since I was 22( about 3 years now). I had one recently that I’ve had since December but it started to get sore. It wasn’t excruciating pain but I wanted to be proactive. So yesterday I did my research, found phoebes cure and went during my lunch break to get the ingredients and make the mixture. I got a travel size bottle so I could do this at work. From 1p-6p I changed the mixture on a cotton pad every hour and then gave myself a break until bed time. I did my normal gym work outs followed by volleyball. At 11p I got another cotton pad, soaked it, put in in place and went to bed. I woke up at 6a (sorry if this gets gross) and something felt damp- my clothes. The cyst that I had for over a month broke in less than 24 hours.  Phoebes cure really works, I’m so grateful for it! 
    • Posted

After 36 hours of bathing, and switching to the mixture of phoebes cure I woke at 3am to such pain, I waddled to the bathroom  as you do, my body tired and broken. I sat on the loo, and when I did a pee, and did all I could muster for a wipe, I saw pus.. that cyst was going to be empty by the time I was finished with it. I delicately, and I mean delicately!! Used the tissue to squeeze the cyst empty. Once it started to empty, a mixture of pus and blood, the relief really was instant! I cried with relief!! A few hours later, I managed to sleep a bit and now it feels like a distant memory! It did mess up our ivf cycle which was the most upsetting thing about it. But we can try again I know. 

Stick with this treatment ladies, it will work for you. It just has to get worse before it gets better x 

• Edited

This remedy works! About 2 weeks ago I had some irritation for a while and then noticed a pea sized lump that wasn't painful on my left side, over the days it grew larger and more painful (about the size of a large grape). I was coating it in tea tree oil and cleaning it with betadine but it kept growing and getting more sore, looking like it was going to pop but it didn't have a head. I saw Phoebes cure on this and various other forums so I ordered the ingredients, they arrived yesterday and i started the process of soaking in a warm/hot bidet, I added table salt and apple cider vinegar. I did the soak maybe about 5 times a day and kept reapplying the ingredients (I didn't measure, just did what felt right). All I did was put all the ingredients in a bowl, soak a cotton pad in it and then applied it to the lump as often as I could. I started noticing some burning and it looked like my skin was burning off. Today was the absolute worst because I have been travelling and the lump was looking like something out of a horror movie with pus and blood rising to the surface but still not burst. I decided to run myself a bath after applying the cure again and noticed that it had burst! I sat on the loo and squeezed out everything that I could, then got in the bath for a little while. When I got out I cleaned it again and I'm almost completely pain free! It's now an open wound so I've been advised to make sure no clothing etc touches it, to clean it as often as possible and apply some antiseptic cream. I'll be wearing a pad until it's fully healed over. 

Note that during the past two weeks I've had a couple of other symptoms like a fever and nausea. Painkillers help a little bit but they really only take the edge off. For anyone going through this, power through! I needed to do the cure for two full days before it burst and although it was painful it was worth it. I didn't feel it burst at all thankfully. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. Thank you Phoebe, whoever you are. X

• Posted

• Edited

Shoot - typed a long reply and lost it...oh well, trying again...

Just had to get on here and say a HUGE thank you to you Victoria for your post and all the others who confirmed that "Phoebe's Cure" worked for them as well!! I had a huge excruciatingly painful BC and like others who described their ordeal, for about the last 5 days I wasn't able to walk or do anything except pop pain pills like they were candy and lay on the couch or bed. Unfortunately, although I have an appt in 4 days to get it drained again, my mother's visitation and funeral are in 2 days! So I was not only desperate to get rid of the extreme pain just because it is so horrible, but I just couldn't imagine how I would get through those already awful events. So I browsed the net and found this life saver of a discussion! I decided it seemed legit and so many people answered Victoria saying Phoebe's Cure worked, that I had to try it. I started to cycle continuously through the process as Victoria outlined, at 830 am and tonight at 930 it finally drained!!! Thank you Jesus for sending me these ladies and their posts and honest input! I too started crying from relief! It is obviously going to be a different timeline for everyone, but mine was pretty awesome at 13 hours! 

Now I will be able to focus on the celebration of life for my sweet mother and not have to be blinded by the physical pain. Thank you Ladies - I am soooooo grateful! 

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your mum passing away. The last thing you needed was a BC to make what is already a tough time harder. The cure is great right? Now you can concentrate on what’s important. I hope everything goes as you hope it to for the farewell of your mum x 
    • Posted

Thanks so much Jody!! It was such a relief to be able, as you say, to concentrate on this extremely important event in my life - celebrating my mother's life and grieving our loss of such a great lady. You're sweet to express your kindness - thanks again and take care!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.