HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Posted , 162 users are following.

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure.

I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball. I tried all the advice on the internet (sitz baths, hot compresses etc), none of these worked and I eventually had the marsupilaziton surgery (which for some people, is a permanent cure). It was uncomfortable and I was in hospital for around 10 days.

My second one came up around 6 months later, again extremely painful. I was admitted into hospital for surgery again but fortunately, it decided to burst itself in the night whilst in the hospital. I was discharged the next morning and was pain free.

A few months later, another one decides to pay a visit. So as usual, I go to hospital, which by this time, the gynae doctors are familiar with me. The doctor examines me and says it is not as big as the first two and that if I want, I can have it drained there and then. Obviously, this would mean that I would be awake throughout the procedure but also that it will be a quick fix and can go home the same day. I choose to have this and with a bit of numbing cream and squeezing of my moms hand, the abcsess is drained. 

This procedure is painful, but NO WHERE NEAR AS PAINFUL AS HAVING THE ABSCESS! When you are desperate, you will do anything to make it go!

A year and a half passes by (present time) and my 4th one arrives. I went to the hospital within hours of feeling that familiar pain. it was not as large as it had been but I wanted to nip it in the bud asap before it got to that size and that horrendous level. The doctors turned me away twice over two days and said that they cannot do anything as it still isnt big enough to operate on. 

Absolutely distressed, in pain and physically drained, I went home, where me and my mom frantically googled other peoples home remedy ideas, desperate to find a cure. We kept coming across a remedy involving,tumeric powder, coconut oil, baking soda and sea salt.

First, I mixed tumeric powder with the cocunut oil, to make a paste. This bought all the puss to the surface of the abscess, making it almost triple in size and the skin layer very thin, almost ready to pop. i left it on for approxamatley 2 hours. it does get very painful and uncomfortable but u can see that it it is ready to burst. A few painkiller kept the pain tolerable. Once it looks ike it is about to burst, mix the baking soda and salt in some water and dab on with a coton pad. I left the cotton pad there, held in pace with my underwear and sanitary towel. 

Baking soda and salt are supposed to burn the skin. So when the skin is very thin, it shouldnt take much for it to tare which will lead to the abcess draining.

i left the cotton pad in place for twenty minutes and realised the pain of the abscess jad dissappeared. When I checked, it had burst! the pain relief is instant and you feel almost back to normal.

I am now writing this less than 12 hours later and I feel great. There is very little pain (only to touch) and hardly any swelling. The abscess is draining itself. I have been having warm baths to keep the area clean and speed up draining but overall Im feeling happy and relieved.

Please try this as it really does work! Be patient and brave no matter how hard it gets, and believe me, I know it gets hard! If u think about it, this is a logical remedy- the tumeric (an anti-oxidant) makes all the puss come to the surface, making the skin thin and the baking soda and salt (an acidic formula)  burns the thin layer of skin making a hole for the abscesss to drain.

Good luck ladies! You can do it xxx

24 likes, 189 replies

189 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank you for your sharing. Just this evening, i went to the supoermarket to get tumeric powder and coconut oil. Really desperate to try any method to get rid of the pain and the lump.

261016- realised the cyst grow and painful.

271016- soaked in salted water. No work but lump soften after soak. Went a&e, gynae gave two options, said to try antibotics first, if no shrink go for surgery or just surgery. Ok, i choose antibotics. U hate to go under knife since i had a csect.

281016- lump harden and become table tennis ball. 2pm-Tried in the afternoon tea tree oil, witch hazel and calamine lotion seemed to be smaller and softer. 4pm- Still not burst. Try apple cider and it seemed smaller and soften. But still not burst. 8pm- try again the tea tree oil, witch hazel and calamine lotion. 10pm- felt wet and painful to walk. 11pm- went home and pee. Wipe and found some brown stain. Wipe at the inside where it is itchy. And bang! It burst with brown slimy mucus and blood. Finally it burst. Pus drained out. But it is still swollen. The head is so inside and only left blood when squeeze. Put antibotics cream and put another dosage of the tea tree, witch hazel and calamine as it is so coolinb to put. I hope it will shrink.

291016- praying and hope it will just go and i will feel better.

Anyone can advise after drain, is the lump still be felt? Mine is still there and i worry it may return. Thanks in advance.

• Posted

Hello dear l understand what you are going through and l am deeply sorry but if its still swollen then its not healed yet.If it drains properly you must not feel the lump inside you need to do a surgery you doctor was right.Soon after surgery all the swollen will go away and you will need a proper dressing for the wound.l am sorry my dear.
  • Edited

I am crying in the from last 2days,, i got this cyst on thursday,, and today is Tuesday,, from last two days its paining like hell even pain killers are not working at all,,i never wrote in any forum ever,, first time I'm writing in a public forum,, coz only we people can feel this horrible pain,, just came across to ur turmeric remedy last night nd i applied this turmeric paste at 11pm,,I can't tell the pain I'm going through have taken two panadol nd its just not working at all,, now this is morning time nd I applied baking soda nd salt paste on it with a cotton in a sanitary pad with panty..

Lets see how it goes,, will get back to u guys with the update soon,, i hope this will work for me coz can't bear the pain ,, tears reening in my eyes..thanks for the help tc

• Edited

Guys I'm back it's Wednesday 2:45 am ,, as i told u i applied baking soda and salt in the morning it didn't work dat time,, i just spent the whole day in unbearable pain and crying,, then again in d night i applied some sessame oil and turmeric paste on the cyst ,, and after 2hours again I applied baking soda and salt paste,, as i was not having another option rather den crying or try again this remedy,,

I'm so so so happy now this time as I applied soda and salt paste on it , within 2mins it got burst itself like hell,, all the white liquid type puss and blood came out.. nd got instant relief from pain.. back to normal.. was praying to god throughout the days i have experienced the pain,, coz no pain killer worked for me at all,, i tried panadol extra ,took ibruphen 800mg ,, nothing worked..

I got dis cyst on Thursday nd today is Wednesday 2:45 am.. nd no more pain nd cyst.. I'm just having lil swelling there ,, nd i hope it will also disappear soon.. finger crossed ?🏻

That's my story,, thanx for this forum so i got to know

The solution nd relief,, thank u so much all of u,, all of ur experiences gave me the strength to come out from this horrible pain,, i just want to tell u in this situation don't loose hope nd keep patience,, only patience can save u,, don't fear nd try this remedy,, this works,, nd the best part is this turmeric paste and baking soda nd salt paste doesn't hurt at all,,

It worked wonder for me..

Thanks u so so so so so much guys for sharing ur experiences.. god bless u take care..🙏🏻??😊

• Posted

Thank u so much for sharing ur experience,, god bless uh take care ,, just got relief from this remedy,, was so so so so worried nd den came through ur dis stuff,,

It worked wonder for me,, can't say thank u enough..

God bless u dear..nd thank u so much

• Edited

You are truly a God sent. I have been in unbearable pain for the last 7 days having tried just out everything & at my withstand end when I stumbled a pond ur page at about 3am since I couldn't sleep. Sent my husband to the grocery store this morning for all ur ingredients. I started the coconut oil & turmeric paste at 10:20 am left it for 2 hrs then applied the baking soda & sea salt leaving on for 20 mins when I removed it, it had already began draining itself. I applied it again for 20 & it's almost gone & still draining. I can't thank you enough. I never wrote on one of these before but felt that the ladies should definitely try it.

God bless u

• Posted

It came completely out of the blue and of course I paniced when I awoke to inflamation and discomfort on my left outer labia (labia majora) on Friday 11th , (UK)

I immediately booked an emergency appointement with my local GP. After inspection , she just advised ibuprofen and paracetamol for pain and relief and gave me antibiotics....Oh, and another appointment for the following Friday! (HA!)

By midnight that night it developed into a rock hard, very hot ball, needless to say sleep was trivial, my night was mostly filled with tears, pain and begging for the time to pass.

After crying myself to sleep, yesterday morning I had found it had developed to the size of a ping pong ball. The swelling had now taken over the inner labia (minora) and was so severe that being stood, sat or lay comfortably was now impossible. I have hot ad cold fevers and have been vomitong up my medication.

toilet visitseat are excruciating and I am in constant agony.

The only thing that has given me any temporay relief has been salt water hot baths.

An excessive amount of them!!

By 8pm last night my partner insisted we go to A&E and I was seen within the hour. They confirmed my belief that the absess is best to be cut out, but couldn't offer me a bed.

It is now Sunday 13th at 5.15 AM and after getting NO sleep I am back in the bath in tears.

I am told that if they have a free bed and can operate, I will hear from them by midday. If not , then I was encouraged to call the hospital on Monday to book a bed and the procedure to remove he absess.

If I have no luck for later today then I am going to do this remedy as soon as I can purchase the ingredients.

Thank you so much for sharing this. After reading all the other ladies ccomments about it. I am hopeful.

I only wish I had found this sooner !!!

• Posted

I'm in so much pain right now over this abscess I'm currently in the second process of the baking soda and salt and water, I did want to know how the paste with maid is it supposed to harden quick is it supposed to be sticky also how many times should I do this until this should pop itself I really can't afford to go to the doctor right now and i've actually had this before where I've had to go to the doctor and had it cut and drained but unfortunately it's come back and I really hope this works because last time I have to fork out $500 just to get it cut and drained so I'm praying this works because I can hardly walk

• Edited

I've had BC for the last 5 years. I get them about 1-2 times a yr. I don't participate in forums either but I feel my experience can help out.

I usually take Serrapeptase (help decrease inflammation and mucous) I found on multiple forums saying this helped and BC was gone within days. I took 3 a day. But along with that I usually soak 4-10times a day in the hottest water I can stand(sitz bath) with and without epsom salt, hot compress(heat up wet cloth in micro then put in ziplock and wrap with a another cloth. I alternated between all those. Took extra Vit C. It usually is gone with a combo of these.im not sure which of the methods are working or if it's a combo of them. I have also used tea tree oil on a cotton and apply directly on.

This time, I noticed a painful cyst on my left side, I did the usual and literally 2days in, it was gone.

Strangely, I felt a worse pain on my right the 3rd day, I thought nothing of it, I thought it was a muscle I pulled. it felt like the first time ever, barely able to walk and swelled noticeably. My aunt was able to get me antibiotics from Peru (she was visiting I asked for her to bring Erythromycin) the swelling went down, and the pain was gone. Pain means there's an Infection. Clearly the antibiotics took care of the infection. I dabbed tea tree oil here and there and soaked once a day.

This time it has not gone away, it's been 3weeks.

I finished the antibiotics. The only thing helping is the tea tree oil, it shrinks it almost to nothing it's not gone and when I wake up it's back and starts becoming painful. The lump grows and gets small, hurts than doesnt. I swore on everything I will never have this lanced ever again! It is the worst pain ever, I've asked before if they could put me to sleep for the cut but they said hell no (it takes seconds) just like popping a pimple.

Here I am trying this method. It makes sense. I noticed a very small little white head(assuming that's the head) I applied the The turmeric powder and coco oil, made a paste put a gauze pad and letting it sit. I can feel it throbbing ((I'm 20minutes in) I will let you know how this ends...

• Posted

I just wanted to thank you for this post! My family gets them all the time, usually my husband then myself but my son has one right now and this article absolutely helped me with him! I incredibly appreciate you sharing your experience! Every single thing worked perfectly! There was popping and pain.but much.less than if I didn't do what you said! My Son and I thank you!

• Edited

Hello!

I know you posted this over a year ago but I'm really hoping you can help me out!!

I have suffered from recurring bartholin cysts for about seven years now and I've had enough of getting it drained. I had it drained at hospital yesterday and it is large and painful AGAIN already.

I would like to know, do you mix the salt and baking soda with boiling water? Also when you mix the powder and oil do you just put the paste down below and wait?

I have been bathing in salt baths but it's not doing anything at all. Antibiotics don't work for me ever either. I really would like to try to make it go away this time without going to the hospital and after reading your post I'm going to try what you said!

Please come back to me! smile

Thank you!!

• Edited

Boiling water would help them go in to solution, so it could help. 

I just used room temp water. 

I mixed the powder and oil and then covered and kept reapplying to make sure adequate coverage. 

I hope you were able to take care of it!

• Edited

This just saved my life. I'm 28, had one for years(like 6 years) that never grew, caused pain, got infected, nothing. Was a pea sized bump. In the last 10 months I've had 3 that needed to be drained with the unbearable procedure. 

About a week ago a fourth one remerged, I tried the sitz baths, wasnt stopping it. Decided to try tea tree oil, applied it to the cyst and sat on a heating pad for like 4 hours. Woke the next day and I was relieved partially, but had to get in the car for a 9 hour drive home after Christmas, and by the time I was home the cyst was back.

I decided to try the turmeric remedy, as NYE is this weekend. At 10pm I mixed turmeric and olive oil and applied it to the cyst. For the next 2 hours I kept reapplying to ensure coverage. Then I mixed baking soda and salt with water and applied for about 30 minutes. I felt a little pressure, but the size didnt' increase as the initial post mentioned. So I took a sitz bath with tea tree oil and went to bed.

This morning I started the remedy again. At 10 am I used the turmeric/oil paste and sat in bed for 2.5 straight hours with it on (checking to make sure the cyst was adequately covered). I inspected the cyst, didnt notice a drastic size increase, but decided it was time to use the bs/salt. As i wiped the turmeric away, the cyst started draining.

I was amazed and words can't explain how relieved I was.

I helped it drain, took a shower then a sitz bath with tea tree oil and feel fine. Will continue the baths/oil for the next few days. ?Also I started taking a prebiotics and probiotics in an effort to combat future issues.

Only thing I will add, is the Turmeric really stains everything yellow. And moving around make this harder. So i recommend getting everything you want for 2 hours ( i had my coffee, water, phone, bakingsoda/salt and netflix by my side) and doing your best not to move during the Turmeric phase. 

Thanks so so much for this post. This is my first tiime contributing to a forum, but I know how painful they can be and how terrible the procedure to have them drained is so thought I'd share inspiration for anyone suffering.

Good luck and stay strong

• Posted

I would like to thank you soooo much I had a BC for about 5 days now and I tried your solution and I can say it really worked?? I only use the baking soda, salt,and water because it was already looong like it was ready to pop. And I must say I did that last night and woke up and walked downstairs and that's when it popped??Thanks a lot

• Posted

How much baking soda to salt or sakt to baking soda do u use

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.