How long does the body take to recover from vitamin D deficiency after supplied?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have a doubt about vitamin D suplemmentation which is:

I was 13ng and my doctor is aiming to 50ng, my question is what should I expect when I get to 50ng.

1 - When my body hit 50ng in the blood should I feel healed? Should I be okay? My body will already have done everything he should with the new amount of vitamin D(50ng.)?

2 - Or my body will start to work the things that are messed(because of the missing vitami)n only in the precising day it hit 50ng or at least a decent amount?

I know each body each body, but, what should I expect? Number 1 or number 2?

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Go with number 2. My vitamin D went from 16 to 55 in about 7-8 weeks and although I noticed improvements I was no where near my normal self. I was still in a lot of pain. Some people have gotten better quickly so I think it's different for everyone and possibly how much damage it caused or how long you were low for without realizing. I would say give yourself a realistic amount of time to recover. Your body needs time to heal itself. I don't even count the first couple of months I was on VD because I was just raising my level to a point where my body can function normally.

• Posted

This is exactly what I wanted to know, so you knew your levels we're 55 but yet you had some symptons that were disappearing with time.. I believe this is exactly what it may be happening with me, my levels must be at least "decent" now but yet the body has some work to do until completely recover.

I assume you are ok or almost ok now? I hope so, thank you for the information.

I have a little chest pain sometimes, weakness but feeling a bit stronger than before and some weird tiredness even when doing nothing..

• Posted

Y8 , so happy to hear youre recovering . Yes it dies take time . Has your anxiety / panic gotten better ?

• Posted

I am actually at 76 ng/ml now probably since I'm taking 9k/day. NO, unfortunately I do not feel a lot better but it is better than when I was first diagnosed. I am slowly noticing improvements. VERY slowly. At first, I was very obsessed with knowing where my level was at. I would take it every 8 weeks but now I could care less where I'm at as long as I am over 60ng/ml. My main concern is my symptoms because I am not feeling the best yet. So I will have to continue with my doses and hope for the best in time and I will definitely monitor my levels. I'm starting to have better days but not really good enough to go out and enjoy myself. I am giving myself until next summer to start feeling better. I started taking vitamin D late July and because it took 8 weeks to get over 50 I feel like the real healing started in October but that is just my guess.

• Posted

My anxiety was one if the first symptoms to disappear but it did come back when I started a different dose. I am happy to say I don't really have anxiety anymore but I know it has not gone away completely. I may have also gotten better at dealing with it. How are you doing now?

• Posted

Y8 , i too am doing better , but still have a ways to go . This deficiency is dreadful to say the least . It just takes time .. A long time !

• Posted

and from October to here how much in % do you got better? Your symptoms were mostly physical or mental?

Whats your personal believe: anxiety/stress reduces vitamin D or lack of vitamin D gives anxiety/stress.

• Posted

So since my level went up to 55 and I made the mistake of reducing my dose to 5k/day, my level went down to 53 in 7 weeks and during this time I felt like I was not moving up or down. I felt I was not making improvements anymore. So my regular doctor told me to go ahead and stay on 5k but that was frustrating because she didn't take into consideration that my level was actually going back down on 5k so I said screw this, time to take matters into my own hands and bumped my dose up to 9-10k per day. I'll be honest with you, I felt TERRIBLE on this dose for a while. My pains increased my anxiety came back. I even got a little depressed again and felt hopeless but I pushed through it. I searched for more support so I joined the vitamin D protocol on FB and read through so many posts and comments like this website and I was very encouraged by many people so thats what has helped me. I am starting to have better days again so I'm hoping I will just improve from here. My symptoms were mostly physical. Lots of upper back and neck pain but I did also have a lot of anxiety in the beginning. I think my anxiety came from not knowing what was wrong with me at first and of course being in 7/10 pain everyday can make a person depressed. You asked a good question! In my case, I think vitamin D caused my anxiety because I've NEVER had anxiety before and out of no where I start having weird symptoms. Also, doctors kept telling me nothing was wrong, all my labs were good so that caused more confusion to me.

• Posted

So glad to know your starting to feel better! I've entered in this vitamin D protocol on FB , it looks promising;

I believe not knowing what's happening can lead to a bit of anxiety and also your body going down can affect your mind as well.. My situation its the same as yours in anxiety.. I never had any problem with that in my life before, never had any kind of chest pains and I guess it must be lack of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D and Magnesium.. Do you have chest pains by the way? Or had?

Do you ever felt like somethings is wrong with your head? Like, I can't explain, its like your body gets tired but also your head also gets tired lol. Specially at the end of the day..

So, I don't know if this is some sort of anxiety problem, lack of vitamin D problem.. All I know is that in the last years I've been feeling real bad and now I'm on my limit.. VD level was 13ng and now had some shots, don't know how long it will take for me to feel ok in my mind/body and how much ng it is enough but I guess 50 should be all right.

• Posted

Nutrition and metabolism, much less other medical issues, can cause symptoms that feel like anxiety, mental exhaustion. I'd give the D and B12 a little time. Try the Q10.

One other thing to try, and it may help with anxiety symptoms, is taurine - an amino acid, you get some in meat and fish, and Red Bull, but also available in pill form at any good supplements shelf. Doesn't take more than a day or two to help, if it's going to. Known for being helpful for cardiac issues too.

• Posted

I'll keep it on mind, I'll give more time and will get more informations on Q10.. Thanks for all of your recommendations; health to all of us.

• Posted

I don't think I've had chest pains but I have felt arrhythmias. It's a scary feeling but it wasn't part of my most common symptoms, it was just every once in a while. I did have a really bad tension headache for a while. It felt like a lot of pressure in my head I hated it. I don't feel it anymore but it just felt like a heaviness. I too have felt a little off for the last couple of years. A lot of fatigue which I blamed on working and going to school. I started having lower back pain in the mornings and I've never had back pain so I blamed that on my mattress and my sleeping position. It's like my body was trying ti tell me something was off but I kept ignoring until it just caught up to me. I think you should aim higher than 50. At least until you're back to your normal self again and maintain it at 50 after that. Last time I checked I was at 76 and I'm aiming for 80 and I want to maintain that until my symptoms subside.

• Posted

I will aim higher than 50 as you said, even if my doctor stops the shots in 50 I will look for a good brand of D3 and took it myself if the symptoms persist.. You're with a good number now, I hope your symptoms subsides fast, let us informed about it.. I felt some of your symptoms and never realized that something could be missing in my body, just when one family member mentioned it and the blood test came with 13ng in vitamin D and 300 in B12.. Its intersting how can we miss something on our own health sometimes..

• Posted

Thats a good idea. I got my VD on Amazon. Brand is Sports Research 5k per pill and it also has k2 in it already but I also take two drops under the tongue of 2k per drop brand is Seeking Health also on Amazon. The Vit D protocol you can search your specific symptoms in that group and it will auto populated what you searched and you can read other peoples comments and posts. I have SCREEN SHOT some comments so that I can go back and read it over on the days I feel terrible lol it helps. But yeah try to aim higher but make sure you are monitoring your VD and maybe calcium too. Like I said, my plan is to maintain my level at 80-90 so my body can heal faster and once I feel normal again I will maintain 50-60. I know my recovery will be a while. I truly feel that my VDD caused Osteomalacia so my bones have a long way to go to heal... Hang in there! Some people go YEARS before being diagnosed so you got this!

• Posted

I will have to plan my brands carefully, but I believe there is good brands here in my country.. I have some screen shots in my phone as well, for the days the symptoms came hitting hard I keep myself motivated hehe, I will search for some symptoms in the protocol..This week I'll have my blood test and next week I'll get the results and have a idea on how much my blood level are now; you didn't had any exam on your bone health? I think it would be a good idea for you to be sure about having Osteomalacia or not... I had replied you earlier but turns out that they blocked my post because of some online recommendations xD

• Posted

Yeah. My problematic area is my upper back, shoulders, and neck. I have had MRIs for thoracic and cervical spine but nothing showed. I was hoping they would order a bone density test too. I have an appointment this month with a new primary care doctor. My upper back pops and cracks like crazy! I think it may have something to do with the pain. I've looked into Forestier Disease and my symptoms are closely related but then again VDD can probably mimic many illnesses and my MRIs showed no calcification so I am hoping it’s all related to VDD. Do you have any pain?

• Posted

Very probably muscular in origin and that doesn't show in imaging of any sort. A good therapeutic massage therapist or physiotherapist should be able to provide an opinion and probably sort it out.

• Posted

Another vitamin/mineral deficiency could be involved, have you checked Magnesium, Zinc, Potassium, etc..? If it is the muscle, I believe the Magnesium or something like that can be involved, you could search the other kinds of vit's and min's besides VD that are correlated to the bones/muscles and of course, you should go to a physioterapist.. I had a pain in both of my knees when I've started doing walking/running, than my physioterapist gave me a paper to get in a manipulation pharma these ingredients: "Long Turmeric, UC II, Piperine and MOVE" they are all ingredients to control inflammation in joints, bones and etc., he likes to treat his patients in a more natural way. Turned out that my knees stopped hurting before I could have the mix ready, wasn't necessary to use it anymore.. But my lower back hurt sometimes, I believe is mostly because I don't sit correctly and my VDD that I've started treating just recently.. Your body could be inflamated as well, go after a exam called CRP to see your level of inflamation..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.