how many times do you get up with enlarged prostate for a wee ?

Posted , 13 users are following.

how many times do you get up with enlarged prostate for a wee ?

Only ask because i was told i have an enlarged prostate but not to enlarged and now have a PSA every 6 months. But some nights i get up once in 6 hours and others i get up 4 times in 6 hours.

I did read you can get medication to reduce the size of your prostate to help stop you getting up so often ?

0 likes, 103 replies

103 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Feel very fortunate I do not get up at night now and am on Finasteride and Tamsulosin BUT now cannot pass water after 8pm and only get a dribble out at 8am plus I cannot even get my Flexi Cloud catheter in, so will have to contact Urology Nurses on Monday, likely another Catheter rammed home until the urine infection is gone.
    • Posted

Don't take anything yet, and not sure if i am going to docs or just put up with it.

• Posted

Putting up with it leads to kidney and bladder damage over a period of time. This will bring the self cathing proponents in.
    • Posted

Have written to the Surgeon in early November and he says he will see me in Clinic to discuss, agreed to see me in September but still waiting for that also.  Says he is only one doing Ops so very busy.
    • Posted

They are not helping think I will have to be back to Foley Catheter to pass water.
    • Posted

Hope he does it for you if that's what you want. I hate doctors hospitals and dentists. Don't have many teeth left and pull them out myself when one is bad now.

• Posted

Just had 3 implants put in last Friday so want a bit of use out of them ? Studied Internet for DIY Prostate removal but no success yet, can I borrow your pliers !!!!
    • Posted

What method do you use? Watch that one doesn't break and leave the root in.

• Posted

Look at the right hand side of the screen for other links, You should work out your I-PSS score to see how bad you are.
    • Posted

A blow torch to heat up a piece of wire for your TURP or steam from a kettle to do your own Rezum procedure.
    • Posted

How about a Hammer & Chisel and long drill, could use whisky as anaesthetic, also got a Stanley knife here but the blade is worn out cutting old rubber on my tractor.

• Posted

Reckon we could undercut these Private Clinics if we could get an old garage with light and a tap. Sounds like we have some good surgeons or apprentices.
    • Posted

I would reckon if your garage is big enough and we can get a shed in the corner for a Consulting Room with loads of mirrors and a large leather chair. Good looking Receptionist and a darling Nurse we could get £60.000 an hour, and it won't seem dear at £1000.00 a minute, plus commission from Drugs in our own label bottles and we can get loads of Smarties and others at the Cash & Carry for £30 .

Just as well we can still have a laugh with our problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.