How to rid herpes outbreak quickly

Posted , 54 users are following.

I'm about 4 days into my outbreak and I am in TERRIBLE pain. I feel as if I get more and more blisters and they are so painful. Baths aren't as soothing anymore and peeing is horrifying. I'm also have trouble cleaning down there due to the painful blisters. Please any advice would be a blessing

2 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

We can all relate. The pain can definitely make one insane! I have said I'd rather have labor on pitocin again than have another outbreak.

I used aloe a lot! It helped soothe my sores. It also had lidocaine in it, which was a win/win for me.

When washing. I found a regular washcloth was too harsh, and I used babywashcloths instead to gently wash down there.

I'd apply a barrier cream to the area prior to peeing and made sure to drink plenty of watch to dilute my urine. I always had trouble urinating. I thought I had a UTI at first.

As for pooping, I had to apply pressure to my vag because it hurt so bad to do it. I felt like my innards were going to come out.

• Posted

Hi Kittygirl1404 ! I know what you going through I too am going through day 4 right now. It seems like the longer I go through this out break it just gets worse and worse. I'm 18 years old and I've handled some serious pain before but this is ABSOLUTELY UNBEARABLE! I went the er yesterday and all they ended up giving me was an antiviral. But the burning got so bad today that I returned if fact I just got home. But this trip the staff was A LOT more helpful but only because I knew what you ask for going in there. I asked for lidocaine hydrochloride jelly, usp, 2%. If you cannot sit or stand or lay down I 100% recommend going to the er or a STD health clinic (I'm sorry I don't know what they are actually called) and ask for it. It stung a little tiny bit as I applied it but that sting was completely bearable and only lasted for like 10 seconds and after that sting you get such a relief. It makes you completely numb down below and it's also great for using before you urinate. My doctor said to only use when it really hurts, when you urinate, or when wearing underwear to go out to work or whatever. I also got a prescription for a pain medicine that's supposed to help me sleep. Other then those two things nothing has been able to give me relief.

• Posted

I know what youre going through. As i mentioned above, the solution that i came across was longer lasting than the lidocane gel, that only lasts maybe an hour and then the pain returns. I used neosporin and anti-itch cream. Both from walmart . Ointment first and then anti-itch.. it works wonders. Lasts for hours. Just got off a 9 hour shift and didnt feel a single burn! Hope this helps. And sometimes i cover it with vaseline afterwards to kinda seal the deal lol. Also makes peeing easier! You got this!
    • Posted

Do you wear a pantry liner with all of that on? How do you apply? Finger? Cotton ball? Do blisters pop all the time or does the cream aid in making them shrink a bit or just numb pain? Sorry i have so many questions 😩

• Posted

this is really helpful! thanks a gazillionnnnnnn

• Posted

I just found out yesterday I have type 2 but I had a feeling cause it burned when I peed. It's my 6 day with it and I still can't pee cause it hurts so bad. Do you know how to stop it from burning when I pee and when I try to sleep? I have been up for almost 3 days cause it hurts when I lay down..

• Posted

I have recently found out I have Herpes and it is honestly the worst pain I have gone through!! I try not to wear underwear as much as possible and when it comes to peeing I run myself a little warm bath and pee in the bath! This is the most comforting way of peeing I have found yet as it does not sting as much or not at all!
  • Posted

Get a squirt water bottle and fill it with cold water.. as you pee squirt it around your vagina area to keep the urine off. It’s been years since my first outbreak but I remember the pain so clearly.. it will get better I promise. After the first outbreak they really didn’t bother me anymore. If you have to... pee in a bath tub of cold water... I know it sounds gross but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Buy dermoplast from Walmart or drug store. Blue spray can in the first aid section. This has benzocaine or something like that and it will numb the area. Take 800 mg Ibuprofen 2x daily. You got this! It will not be this bad again I promise .
  • Posted

This is my first outbreak. The pain is unbearable. Obgyn gave me a 5 day pill and lidocaine for numbing. I have left over Norco from having teeth removed. The burning is unreal. I'm getting lots of acne on my face from it as well. Suppose to work. But being so uncomfortable not sure how this will pan out. Not to include all the pimples on my face. I have hsv 2. But the stress is causing super bad acne. Any advice is welcomed

• Posted

Just seen your post. I know hot you feel, This is my first outbreak now and to say i felt so unwell from this and was really worried because the last thing I thought it would be is the Herpes Virus. Mine is Herpes Virus type 2 brought out by stress and I found these ways to kind of ease the pain before I went to the doctors;

> Hot salt was bath really helps to clean the blisters. 

> Antiseptic cream on my blisters.

> Vaseline over them can actually help as like a mask so it won't hurt as much when you pee. 

> plenty of water and pain killers. 

> Use warm water, salt and cotton wool buds to clean the blisters. 

> Fragrance free wipes, i found tissue paper was too rough when i wiped and caused a lot more discomfort. 

> When bathing don't use soaps and creams as it made it more uncomfortable. 

I still do this stuff now with tablets from the doctor. 

• Posted

I'm dealing with my first outbreak. Started last Tuesday and became worse and worse and the days went on. I had really bad flu symptoms, peeing was a difficult and extremely painful task for me to do, I couldn't sleep properly or walk due to the blisters ans a couple of days in, it spread onto my lips. I've been given 5 days worth of tablets and two tiny tubes of numbing cream but I'd also recommend antiseptic creams. Use hot salt water and cotton wool buds to clean them and cold sore creams also help to ease the pain as my blisters started sticking together. 

one question I have for those who were given medication, how long did it take to heal the blisters? 

• Posted

I feel your pain, literally as I'm currently experiencing an outbreak myself!

I got diagnosed 12 years ago now and my lifesaver is lysine tablets. During an outbreak I'll take 3 x 1000mg and the healing process is so much faster. They've also hugely reduced my number of outbreaks which I only ever get when I'm sick (as I am now) and can stop the blisters in their tracks.

Other than lysine, coconut oil topically.

• Posted

Do you use the lysene even when you don't have a break out?

• Posted

Oh man I never saw this message! 18 month late reply but I was taking one a day for many months and I barely ever get a sore. Lysine tablets are game changers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.