Hsv2/peripheral neuropathy

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anybody ever heard of neuropathy causing constant burning for years in the feet leading to numbness because of hsv2 neurologist says absolutely not and 3 other md's. I am living very healthy and have quit drinking completely.

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just had my first outbreak and I am most definitely having nerve pain in my buttocks, legs and feet. Tingling and pain. It is definitely not unrelated. I never had this before until the herpatic outbreak. So I would say yes it’s possible! I hope it doesn’t last that long and I hope yours gets better! 
    • Posted

HI! has your neuropathy gotten better, i think i have the same issue, tested positive for herpes 1 and 2 last april 2017, very painful neuropathy in feet, no outbreaks ever.

• Posted

Hi

Yes it has slowly gotten better. I still have some lingering neuralgia in my leg. I have been taking antivirals and they gave me gabapentin for the neurpoathy. Is there anything else that could be causing your neuropathy? Are you diabetic?

• Posted

No, im not diabetic, I went to two infectious disease DRS and they wont prescribe antivirals because I dont have any outbreaks. they cant find cause.

• Posted

gabapentin and cymbalta wont help me at all, i have had this for the last two years, it went away last year

for 6 months but symptoms returnec last year in november. neurologist cant find cause, i have gone to

three. with herpes, I have never had an outbreak, found out last year in april that i was positive for

herpes 1 and 2 on an 10 panel STD check, everything else was negative.

so i dont know if herpes could be causing this, but for this long?. , and I never had shingles either.

• Posted

I am not a diabetic I started having nerve pain when I got the hsv-2 a few years ago at first it was just a little tiny nerve pains in my feet when I would have an outbreak. I kept telling the doctors and neurologist that I would get this pain before I had an outbreak they said it was a coincidence that it didn't have anything to do with my outbreaks which is not true. I am trying to find out if I took an antiviral daily it would probably stop my outbreaks but would it help my neuropathy? I am concerned because taking the antiviral makes me lose my hair. but if it helped my neuropathy it would be worth it and I would just wear a wig

• Posted

Has your neuropathy gotten better, i have HSV 1 and 2, never had an outbreak, but have neuropathy in my feet, right foot the worse, burning, tingling, up my leg and thigh, for two years now.

• Posted

No. It comes and goes with flare ups in intensity. it's always there just worse at times. I'd like for anyone reading this and suffering neuropathy while having herpes to contact the NIH and ask them to investigate or research the link between neuropathy and herpes.

I'm going to keep looking for clinical trials on this. although my issue with the trials are they are supported by drug companies and not really interested in curing you or finding the cause

• Posted

Thanks for the response, have you taken antivirals for herpes and see if that helps with the neuropathy symptoms, I went to two infectious disease doctors and they wont prescribe antivirals because I dont

have any outbreaks, never have. Im willing to buy them and see if it works. im taking lots of supplements and so on.

• Posted

.I don't take the antivirals. I have when I needed them but as a rule I don't take them regularly. Just because you don't have outbreaks doesn't mean that you can't take them. find a doctor who will prescribe them to you.

• Posted

I hope I find a DR that will prescribe them, I take it if the antivirals dont help with the neuropathy, then the herpes should not be the cause. i guess thats the only way of attacking the herpes besides all the supplements I take.

• Posted

I will give you some of my antivirals they kept prescribing him and I stopped taking it because they made my hair fall out but maybe not you not everyone's hair falls out just some people but it might be worth a try for you

• Posted

I will send them to you I would be curious to know if it helps your neuropathy I am like you I want to make a difference improved these doctors the hsv-2 does give you neuropathy and I will call the disease Department that you suggested. let me know if you want those antivirals and I will get them to you

• Posted

have you had any luck with further research with the clinical trials on the neuropathy with hsv-2. I have been taking lots of supplements and trying different things my goal is to stop having the outbreaks and hopefully I'll stop having the nerve pain I will keep you posted on my findings and please do the same for me something has to got to be done about. has anyone out there tried Gene-Eden-VIR for herpes outbreaks? supposed to be better to take that versus an antiviral because of side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.