Hysterectomy in two days

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies, I wrote on this forum a few months back now and had such good advice.

Well my date for my hysterectomy is in two days ( Wednesday) I'm absolutely petrified, I'm not sleeping and I feel so nervous.

Any advice from any of you lovely ladies would be so much appreciated right now. Because at this point in time I feel like running in the opposite direction.

Thanks x

0 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Ann Marie

I just want to say good luck for tomoro hon x take it easy and accept all the help offered as it doesn't last long haha kidding xxx keep in touch and let us all know how you go xxxx

• Posted

Hi Ann Marie, I just wanted to wish you luck, I'm in for a radical hysterectomy with vertical cut next Thursday, I'm scared too but glad to read everyone's comments. I'm only 32 and dreading the menopause and I have a 8, 5 and 4 year old kids to run after, I'm scared of the pain and doing too much, I'm studying to be a nurse and uni will only give me a week off, dreading going back so soon. I hope all goes well, keep us updated. X
    • Posted

Hi Gill

A week? That is utter madness. Speak to them again as it is not acceptable.

They must have HR or occupational health that you can speak to - you've gotta put yourself first.

Good luck

Lesley

• Posted

Occupational health said its up to my own gp to sign me off but if I take more than the week I have to take a year out, it's making me ill thinking of it.
    • Posted

Can you negotiate remote study at all as you'll need to be at home. I'm afraid you really won't be up to anything after a week with a vertical cut. I was forced into menopause last year and I'm 40 but I have found a hrt that suits now but even that takes a while and i spent a few weeks not even sleeping. Seriously consider your year out if they don't accept that you can't be there as you could hurt yourself by doing too much. I know it's not what you want to hear but you have to think of your health. Good luck with the op. In comparison to your studying with three small children it'll be a breeze 😊
    • Posted

Gillygirl

There's no way you'll be ok within a week! You won't be walking properly in that short time. I ended up being off work 13 weeks and my tummy still gets right now and bloaty

The doctor can sign you off for minimum of 12 weeks and you can't drive for 6 weeks so one week is definately out

• Posted

ur so young to go through that.... why are u having to have a radical .. good luck sweet xx
  • Posted

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. Just think in 24 hours it'll all be over and done with and you can concentrate on getting better xx
    • Posted

Thank you I'm a nervous wreck now I just want it to be over in really really worried. Xx
    • Posted

We've all been there and it is totally normal to feel like this. Try and find something to do even if it's cleaning something to occupy you. Don't go to bed too early as you'll lay there worrying. You're going to be tired and sleep lots after. If you start to nod head off as more likely to fall asleep then. I plan things to take my mind off things like decorating a room and pick out things on the net I'd like to get. Weird I guess but it works for me when I'm stressed.
  • Posted

Wishing you all the very best tomorrow Ann Marie, you will be absolutely fine I'm sure, This time tomorrow it will all be over and you may very well be sitting up having a cup of tea. I will be thinking of you and willing all to go well.

Take care

Phoebe xx

• Posted

i am having my surgery on february 3. i feel just like ann marie. i am scared scared scared of what i don't know. much of what i am reading here is encouraging and some is frightening. each person's recovery is unique. these lesions and belly swellings sound awful. ultimately, i'm doing this because i have no choice....and i believe truly that something wonderful has to come from it. feeling ann marie's fears and wishing her the best. by now she had her surgery. i wonder how it went. i hope she will see this.
    • Posted

Hi there huh, please please don't worry it's not as bad as your mind makes out for it to be, I have just read all your posts and your very worried about everything just like I was.my problems I had post op are fine now I was only 4 days post op please please dint worry. If you want to chat to me about anything anytime or you want to private message me I'm here as are all these lovely ladies are.x
    • Posted

Hi ann Marie, I don't know how to use this forum to post private messages. I really appreciate your reassurance. How long has it been since your surgery and why did you have it and what did they do

If you tell me how to respond privately I can do that. Thank you. I am in the us timewise.

• Posted

Little envelope right hand corner hun and have posted on another one of your posts

Xx Ann xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.