i am suffering badly from constipation after surgery. Need help!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi

i have done my anal fissure surgery about 3 weeks ago. My first week with medications was still horrible. It was getting better except the frequency of going to bathroom. I am taking a laxative and recently called my dr that it doesnot work by the stool hardens and gives me hell every day with constipation. So he assigned me a dietry supplement. Still no results. I urinate alot the more I drink. But haven't BM for 2 days. I don't know what to do. The scar pain has subsided a great deal starting from the 3rd week. But I get constipation every day. Need any advise for my situation?!! I am so worried. I read about something called stool softener. What is the difference between a lax, supplement and a stool softener?!! Please help, I am suffering more and more every day

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Nima-I have been wondering how you are too!! I hope and pray you are doing very well! Thinking of you

I had a set back and plan to see a surgeon I am done it has been 8 months of hell

• Posted

I have been trying to heal on my own and it was going great! I am done now after 8 months and plan to get this fixed ! Can't live like this it is brutal !!

I feel depressed it has been such a battle with pain and fear and not eating much

• Posted

This is the right decision Jen. No matter how painful it is after the surgery, pain is limited. But pain before the op is indefinite and unpredictable. So, have a go and kill the pain and fear forever. Most importantly we change our diet after the op. And u will live a much better life. God be with you 
    • Posted

Hello dear jeniffer.thank you very much for thinking of me.thank god im really good right now.jeniffer please do the surgery if you are still in pain.

The surgery is really easy and after that you thing you are born again.

I hope you will get better.

Ask me about the surgery if you have any question.i will get happy to help you.

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement. My biggest fear is the anesthesia because I have chemical sensitivities I'm so worried about a bigger health setback could take me weeks to detoxify those chemicals and I would feel poisoned during that time and I would affect my bowels. But at this point I'll do anything to get rid of this pain for someone who is a chronic illness for 25 years this is by far one of the worst things the fear of eating if you're pooping and I'm so hungry lol lol

Time to end the misery and trust God I'll be ok

• Posted

Nima- I am thrilled to hear you're doing so well after surgery it is such encouragement to me and gives me great hope thank you for your kind words and for your support it means the world to me and I will certainly need it bless you I hope you continue to heal and feel 100%

• Posted

Dear jeniffer i feel the fissure pain and i know how horrible it is.dont be afraid.do the surgery and also they didn't give me whole anesthesia.they just used narcolepsy.i mean i was a wake during the surgery and I didn't just feel half of my body smile.

I'm sure you will get better after that.

good luck

• Posted

Hello nima. How are you? Are you still in pain?
    • Posted

Hello dear ugal.my pain now is 20 compare to 100(fissure pain).

I think surgery was on of the best things that i have done this year.

I hope everybody will get better.

• Posted

I think we have the same pain scale.. Yeah, hope we all get better soon. Godbless🙏🏼
  • Posted

After 10 months of sometimes servere pain im booked in for botox and possible hemmoroid banding on the 18th. Im really dreading it and feel sick. 28 years old and never had an operation before sad

• Posted

Hi Terry. I havenot used Botox before, have no idea what it is for. I can feel u. I am just 22 and this is my first operation too. But the good part is that a few weeks of pain after surgery is much better than a lifetime of pain. God be with you. Be strong smile

• Posted

Hi,

I only suffered since June 24th with this fissure. The doctor prescribed nitroglycerin ointment 4% every 12 hours with an high fiber diet. Needless, to say the medication helped some but eventually I started having spasms to the sphincter, which caused the fissure not heal. Next, step was Botox which I had done on July 15th after being rushed to the emergency room July 14th for excruciating pain. The surgery went well, they gave me a spinal which numbed my lower half. The first bowel movement did hurt some, mostly was a lot of stinging and burning it did get better each day. Prior to the Botox my doctor did indicate some people need to get the Botox twice. Five days after the Botox my husband had to rush me back to the emergency room for excruciating pain. my doctor told me the spasms were causing the pain which will not let the fissure heal because it will not relax to allow blood flow. Instead of another Botox injection agreed to the sphincterotomy,which I am glad I did. it has been 2 weeks and 2 days after surgery and things are looking up. The pain is very minimal and I do not feel that sharp glass feeling any more from the fissure. after bowel movements I can feel a dull throbbing aching from the sphincter, it has to heal. I do maintain drinking a lot of water and high fiber foods especially fruits and veggies. hope this helps apologize for the long story. but I wanted to provide you with the details. Remember God is with you and this shall pass too.

• Posted

Hello Michele,

how are you doing now with your fissure?! Are you still on stool softeners or your colon starts doing its work?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.