I don't know what to do.

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi everyone

Has a phone call from my dads sister yesterday. My dad has been rushed into hospital. He may not make it. In the state I am in I am not going to be able to go and see him either. He lives the other end of the country. I am really worried that if he doesn't make it I won't get the chance to see him before anything happenes or make the funeral if I do loose him.

Would it be worth me phoning my surgeons secretary and explain the situation?

I am not even sure  if they got me in quick got my hip done ( Even if that would be possible ) my dad would still be alive by the time they discharged me.

I don't know what to do. sad

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dear Hailea,

could you keep in touch by phone, e-mails, skype etc.? You cannot travel in the state you are in, Try to think in a different way; would you want one of your children to visit you if they were in pain, unable to sit down, waiting for a major operation?

I'll be thinking of you, best wishes.

Ella xx

• Posted

So sorry for you hailea, don't have your hip done yet (have you had it done?) you don't need to another trauma, sometimes these things are out of our hands and all we can do is pray. Try to find others to visit him if you can't.

Veronica

• Posted

If you could cope the ideal solution would be for someone to drive you to your dad and then worry about the op later. However you are in such a condition that I do not think that that is possible. Skype does sound a good idea if at all possible, not the same as a physical hug but at least you would see each other. He knows how bad you are so would not want you to risk your condition becoming any more serious, no father would. Desperately sad but only you can decide xx
  • Posted

Hailea,

My heart goes out to you. I agree with Renee and a few others that travel before or soon after surgery is dangerous for you. The enormous pain and the fact that your femur is floating around I wouldn't chance it. Skype or being with your dad in spirit is really the only option I can see, given your condition.

My prayers go out to you as I can imagine your heart is breaking. Hugs and warm thoughts.

• Posted

My dear Hailea,

What an awful position to be in. I really don't think travel is an option for you right now. Has your father been given a prognosis? I would imagine the doctors will have some idea how long he is looking at. They are pretty good in that respect. If you are looking at a short amount of time, then FaceTime or Skype is your only option. I know if it was one of my kids, I would not want them to risk themselves to get to me. 

The he love you have with your father knows no distance, and he will remember, as will you, every hug and every time you told each other you loved one another. That goes without saying. Every time I kiss or hug my kids and say goodbye, I know it could be the last time, as who knows what could happen so in effect, I would feel that my children had said goodbye and me to them as waking up each morning is not guaranteed and in those situations if is not possible to say goodbye. 

If the docs say your dad has possibly a good few weeks then it might be worth trying to get your surgery as an emergency as whilst travel at a few weeks post op isn't ideal but it isn't impossible.

Only you know what you should do Hailea but I am sure of one thing, your father would not want you to place yourself in harms way to get to him. A parents job is to protect our children.  He carries the love for you in his heart and nothing can take that away, not even death.

Sending lots of love and hugs to you.

Ali xx

• Posted

My thoughts are with you Hailea,

You have endured so much and your poor Dad being so ill will impact on all of you, as Ali had said, you are not fit to travel as much as you want to be by his side.

Sending you hugs and love,

Dot xx

• Posted

I have removed several posts accusing the original poster of "making things up" or not being genuine etc. As another user posted, if you think this then just ignore the discussion and do not reply. If you think someone is spamming the forums then report the post to us, do not assume the posts are false and reply in an accusatory manner as this can be upsetting and will result in account suspension. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Have you replied to the right person here, Alan? I would have thought a reply like this would have been directed at the person making the accusations, rather than the original poster. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Regards

Ali 

• Posted

I agree Ali, I didn't notice who it was posted to,

excuse me day before op! The wording of the

note is correct though. I think we should have

an easier  link with the moderator. 

Cathie

• Posted

Thank you Alan,

However does make other posters who pointed out and made positive comments about the original poster look in a bad light, its putting all of us like eggs in a basket. I am ok for people to know that when I saw the first insensitive post, I reported the poster. That person posted on 4 members encouraging posts. I am fine about being banned! why should we all be inplicated. Sorry, I am very upset, proud to have a 40yr long service award but sad that some posters can be so cruel.

Ali, briskwalk, Reene, take care my dear friends.

Dot xxx

• Posted

Hi Dot, 

Whilst Alan has done what he thought best, his reply to Hailea, together with posts removed by ourselves, has made it look like we were all at fault when in fact we all know who the instigator was. 

None of us will be banned, however I will be giving the person concerned a wide berth in future.

Take care dear lady.

Ali xx

• Posted

Thank you Ali,

I hope this sad incident will perhaps lead to a different policy.

Sleep well and thank you again my dear friend.

Dot xx

• Posted

thank you ...

that was interesting. .. I felt as if I was slapped on the wrists. .

Good night lovely people

warm hug

Renee

• Posted

Hi all,

Sorry for any confusion. I replied to the whole thread as a general comment - it was not aimed at the OP or any other users who replied. I deleted the replies to the original posts as they were defunct after deletion of the accusing posts. My advice to users is do not reply or get involved with posts like the ones that caused the issue here but report them to me to sort out. I can edit or delete comments and message users as required. Replying just exacerbates the problem. Users can contact me at any time if there are any issues in the forums.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Dear Dot,

Please don't be upset...The moderator decided to cancel all post, but it was done to help the forum not to be nasty to people...You are not going to get banned, we are all here trying to help each other as best as we can...

Big hugs and take care

Ella

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.