i feel like im dying

Posted , 365 users are following.

how can peri make me feel this sick

it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal ( and i havr had a lot ) that they are missing something thats gonna kill me. my constant upset stomach/trapped air burping/ feeling unsteady when i walk is the worst one, amxiety, feel like i have ongoing flu.

please ease my mind and tell me im not alone. this seriously needs to stop. its putting me into depression

67 likes, 1716 replies

1716 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi Kim

I couldn't said it better..this week I'm experiencing everything you are describing..l'm scared to eat because my stomach feels so bad and the bloating feeling is horrible.I'm tired of going to the dr. I don't think he wants to see me anymore..last week I had horrible aches on my entire body and mostly in the morning went to the dr and he said is do to anxiety..before that bad headaches and it goes on and on...you are not alone...everytime I get anxious and scared I get on this site it helps me ..I stopped drinking coffee and find that helps with some of my symptoms..and also D3 I take it everyday it works! Feel better Xxxxx

• Posted

Ohhhhhhh the stomach thing yes it definitely gets ugly i was getting full feelings fluttering just a yukky feeling you just dont want to eat hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

exactly!!! can you please tell me what worked for you Monique? i hate feeling like that!!!
    • Edited

The only thing that worked for me was water plenty i drank more water then what a fish needed to breath lol but yes the water did it for me i didnt eat much like you because of the fluttering and just feeling yukky is your stomach fluttering or just feels yukky? Either way just drink plenty of water i use lemon in mine it helps
    • Edited

Just feeling bloated and heavy like I swallowed a rock smile I'm trying to avoid any fried or spicy foods and I do drink water but not as much as need to..usually I get this a week before my period ..it's so weird and right after it ends I start with headachesbiggrin no ending !!!! I'm 51 and I'm going through this the past 5 years!! Thank you so much for your reply xx;xx

• Edited

Hello Monique reading your post I can relate to you as I have been and still going  through so many of the same symptoms I first joined this forum in 2012 when I started peri I’m now nearly three yrs in menopause. I’m 55 yrs old. For 2 1/2 years solid i was so I’ll but then things calmed down and this January I had the best month I’d had in 5years then bam I’m feeling rotten again. For the last few days I’ve felt the stomach fluttering, terrible nausea, headaches and a feeling of falling forward, has anyone felt this falling feeling because it’s scaring me to death and like some of the ladies it put me in a black place of doom which brings out the constant anxiety BUT I do have to say things did get better for me for some time and each morning I wake I thank my body if it feels ok but of course that doesn’t always last, I don’t know how much longer I can hold down my full time job. I’m such a misery I have no zest for life anymore I dread going out for a meal or holiday I JUST WANT ME BACK. I’m sending all you ladies my love and a big comforting hug I know exactly how your feeling and it’s horrible. X
    • Posted

Hi anxious!! Yes I have definetly felt the feeling of falling forward!!! Scared the hell out of me!!😔😔. Also , I've said in another post that I feel like I have monitor sickness and have to hold on to things to walk ... and the anxiety sucks... I had it before I started menopause but it came back worse 😪😪.    and also during all this menopause crap, i developed eye floaters!!!  Which adds to my stress💔💔.    This forum has helped so much... I really didn't know what the hell was happening to me.. 

hang in there ladies!!!  ??🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

I meant motion sickness 😊👍

• Edited

Hi read your post and feel your pain.i am 53 and no period for 8 months but I've had peri symptoms since I was 46.anxiety chronic but last few months better ,weight gain,joint pain and swelling and chronic fatigue and very bad headaches .im a nurse and if I hear one more nurse say they sailed through menapause I will scream!!!i also had a stroke 2 years ago so had a few set backs .feel so low and ill and very lonely even though got great family and support.feel nuts most of the time and vague.you lovely ladies keep battling on 💕

• Edited

Hi Beverely

Just read your post and your timeline. Its almost identical to mine, and I feel for you every bit of the way.

Im also in the medical field..ironic, and yes you hear ladies saying that they sail through meno and you want to just slap  em one...not fair not fair!

i too feel pretty weird a lot of the time, i battle low mood and anxiety that is visceral from early morning on..its pretty creepy, never had it prior to this.

In my late 40's i had aches, many pains, chroniic neck and tooth pain, never attributed it to peri. 

Now im 53 and without a period for  year..so our stats are so similar.

You have support so be very grateful...i have noone here where im at for support, so i talk to myself a lot   wink wink

im full time working and with two teens, single mom. Its day to day, its very grueling and challenging is an understatement.

I hear ya sister.

This site is very supportive and im amazed that light has not been shed nationwide on this epidemic, no kidding. 

xx0x0x0x0x0

• Posted

Hi, Pam. So glad you mentioned eye floaters! Same here. Driving is difficult for me because of the motion sickness.
    • Posted

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the falling feeling! And I have all the others you mention and more.

I even vomit now and then, which I never did.

It's a Jeckel/Hyde thing happening!

After working a more than full time job for more than 20 years, I now cannot even work pt with the severity of my symptoms.

Very thankful to have found this site. Reading these posts is SO helpful! Hang in there Sister!😃

• Edited

Hi! Yes ma'am!  They really mess with my brain!😪    I wear my sunglasses 99 percent of the time... in stores and outside....    along with all the menopause crap.. these floaters don't help with the anxiety!  Lord help us all!!🙏💕.   

• Edited

Hi anxiousface

I can relate to all you say. Had all the symptoms including dizziness, nausea and acid. No period for 2 years but anxiety symptoms came over a year ago. I am scared of everything, have health anxiety believing that I must have some dreadful disease which is why I feel so bad. I’m on edge all the time and panic takes over thinking I’m going to feel like this forever. Prior to meno I did not have acid reflux nausea or acid. Also been diagnosed with under active thyroid 3 years ago. That doesn’t help either as some of symptoms are the same. You said you had it for 2 1/2 years do you feel better now. My hot flushes lasted about 6 months. Have yours stopped. 

• Posted

Can sympathize. am 44 and bloated much of the time, on and off morning sickness which comes when it pleases, June/July had 4 periods in 2 months= exhausted.

Tbh the oestrogen molecule I believe has an alcohol group (or maybe even more than 1, don't quote me). This could explain why so many middle-aged women turn to the bottle. The body could be looking to replace something it doesn't make any more.

• Posted

anxiousface..wow!!!i thought the falling thing was some sort of ear thing. but it was happening Lot and i wasnt sick. and yez the doooom. its stinks no matter how u look at it. i thought i was getting better then had a horrible night and morning. does this ever end or does it juxt throw out new and improved symptoms. anyway thank u for that post. hang in there.

• Edited

@anxiousface Hi ,just wanted to let you know i too have the falling stuff.forward ,backwards ,side to side you name it i've felt like it .To be honest i've had it for many years and its a form of vertigo )and probably made worse by being a severe anxiety sufferer) but it has significantly ramped up recently as i'm getting closer to full meno and can get quite disconcerting.But just to try and reassure you in my case its nothing serious just bloody miserable like everything else seems to be at the moment (roll eyes) .x

• Edited

how do you deal with the falling feeling?? I feel it in big spaces....like I'm also walking on sponge 😥😥😥😥😥

• Edited

@ShariB hi .ummm i think i have been dealing with these kinds of perceptual distortions for so many years i am just used to it .I also have that walking on sponge feeling amongst other strange things.I think the way i deal with it is just accepting that its just my weird head and noticing what makes it worse like staring at the phone or computer screen too much.That plays havoc with the symptoms.It can be disconcerting when it happens suddenly and strongly and while i quite often knock into things i've never seriously fallen or anything.Sorry that's the best advice i have 😃 x

• Posted

thank you appreciate the thought of someone understanding and also thru my dilemma!! 💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.