I have no idea what this is

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Friday I wound up having unwanted, unprotected sex with an older man.

By the next day I was experiencing pain and discovered a white blister like lump down near the vaginal entrance.

It got bigger in size yesterday, and has been quite painful.

I see my dr on Friday, but I'm concerned that I have an STD from this guy.

Do they come on this quickly? Symptoms showing the following day?

I don't know what to do if this is confirmed, I guess I have to report him to the massage site that I found him on so he doesn't get the chance to infect anyone else.

I unfortunately didn't report the unwanted sex as a rape, after he left I got in the shower and tried to get rid of any trace of him.

I like to think of myself as a careful person, but now I'm worried. I've had one STD in my life, given to me over 10 years ago, and it almost led to cervical cancer.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you have his contact info and it doesnt hurt to try . maybe theyll believe you and prevent this from happening to other females. Im sorry but thats strange a blister does it look like herpes? And sadly you got to wait about 2 weeks or a month to test for stds and 3 for hiv. What std was the one from 10 years ago? Was it hpv?
    • Posted

I hada friend who had claymedia didnt know until 6 months later when she was having servere itching down there usually stds are dormant for about 8 weeks
    • Posted

Yes it was HPV.

I was looking at pictures online, and what I have doesn't look like any of what I saw.

The site will want confirmation of anything, so I'll have to wait until test results come back.

• Posted

Some STIs (eg chlamydia and gonorrhoea) typically show symptoms within a week or two, but they can lie dormant for years.  Lots of people have had STIs for years without knowing it - roughly 50% of men with chlamydia don't have any symptoms.

• Posted

I didnt know i know i tested negative about 3 months ago retested 1 month ago just because of pelvic pain negative again. should i test again even if i havent had sex since almost 5 months ago??
    • Posted

Even when STIs don't have symptoms, they still show up when they're tested for, so if you've been tested 3 months and 1 month ago, you're almost certainly fine.  

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, but it isn't too late to go to the police, and I would strongly encourage you to do so.  Report him to the site you met him on too, but it's far more important that you talk to the police.

It's unlikely that you'd have symptoms of an STI within four days though, and almost impossible within one day.  If you had a lump the next day, that could be due to friction damage, or unrelated to the sex.  You can't get tested for everything after one week btw, so you'll probably have to go back to be tested again.

One last small point - the strains of HPV that cause most cases of warts are different from the strains that cause most cases of cervical cancer.

• Posted

Things got worse today for me, there's pain when I urinate, like when an antiseptic hits an open wound, if I could stop going to the bathroom, I would.

I can't change my appointment date, I'd love to get in sooner than Friday, but travel is not easy for me.

I took pictures, unfortunately can't post them here and it seems like links are not allowed. I will show my dr what it first looked like, hopefully he can figure it out.

I did use the symptom checker, and it came up with something I'd never heard of, but maybe an infection or blockage of a duct is all it is.

• Posted

I think your talking about a bartholin gland cyst. They say those are caused by sexual activity yet i havent been sexually active for 5 month and grew one last month. It was painful to sit and painful on the touch but it was fleshed colored for me but they can be white as well. And if it is a blocked duct reason why it probably hurts is that you have an abcess. Try siltz bath(something like that) dr will most likely give you an antibiotic before trying to drain it but i say if it shrinks with antibiotics i wouldng get it drained but thats from personal experience because it was awful for me. It was painful. But it never grew back with antibiotics theres a chance you mightgetanother one
    • Posted

I read that they can come on out of nowhere, so they're not all sexual in nature.

I'm looking at the information on the cyst, and all signs point to that being what it is, perhaps even the abscess.

Due to physical disability, I can only take showers, so he'd have to give me something topical to use for the pain and itching.

Christmas holidays don't help, so I'd have to make sure that I get something before I go away on Saturday.

• Posted

You need to be on a PC or laptop to add pictures.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over hills) will add images.

Erika might be right about it being a Bartholin's cyst.  Should have thought of that myself.

These links give more information about them, though the second link is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/vulval-problems-leaflet/bartholins-cyst-and-abscess

https://patient.info/doctor/bartholins-cyst-and-abscess-pro

There is also a Bartholin's Cyst forum here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/bartholin-s-cyst-280

• Posted

My obgyn said sex lol. I was like i haven't had sex in a while! But she says people dont notice them until they get a certain size. I know its stressful im waiting on an std test and i couldnt agree more

• Posted

So I'm on my laptop now, sent over a pic and edited it for use here.  The quality might not be the greatest though, if not, I can always use another program to edit it.  This is what I have to deal with though.  

• Posted

It's hard to tell much from that pic, but it doesn't seem to be a Bartholin's cyst.

I still think you should talk to the police as well as seeing a doctor btw.

• Posted

I see my dr Friday, I have to wait until then to get his opinion on it.

I've posted in the group, so hopefully there's more insight there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.