I have no idea what this is

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Friday I wound up having unwanted, unprotected sex with an older man.

By the next day I was experiencing pain and discovered a white blister like lump down near the vaginal entrance.

It got bigger in size yesterday, and has been quite painful.

I see my dr on Friday, but I'm concerned that I have an STD from this guy.

Do they come on this quickly? Symptoms showing the following day?

I don't know what to do if this is confirmed, I guess I have to report him to the massage site that I found him on so he doesn't get the chance to infect anyone else.

I unfortunately didn't report the unwanted sex as a rape, after he left I got in the shower and tried to get rid of any trace of him.

I like to think of myself as a careful person, but now I'm worried. I've had one STD in my life, given to me over 10 years ago, and it almost led to cervical cancer.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

There has been no response to my post in that group, so I'm still stuck not knowing what this is until later this morning.

I'm resorting to ice packs, the pain has gotten so bad.

Every time I use the symptom checker here, it always comes up with the bartholin cyst. But I'm finding little lumps in different areas as well.

I also find that I'm urinating much more frequently, it's not helping me when I need to sleep. I need to be up in 6 hours to head out for my appointment.

I guess an ice pack is the best thing to use for pain since I have nothing else I can use?

• Posted

Well, my dr thinks that I have herpes, and that it may have been dormant for some time. However, it could have come from the guy I saw.

He's going to test to confirm this though. I should know in about 3 weeks.

• Posted

No. He gave me a prescription for valtrex and did a swab and sent it out.

I don't think it's herpes to be honest, my symptoms don't match, but he thinks he's right.

I'm going to be starting the valtrex later this evening when my pharmacy drops it off.

• Posted

Yeah it doesnt! Did he check for syphilis? It looks like a canker sore but those only grow in your mouth. If not you may want to get it biopsied just to rule out a malignancy. Because i heard a lesion can be one but hopefully it just is some infection. I never seen something like that on my vag ever. Cuz herpes its like a cluster of pimples.
    • Posted

He's ordered a urine test, I'll be getting that done next Friday. I think it's an infection, I haven't been feeling well at all for the past couple of days, I've been sleeping more than normal.

• Posted

So the pain has been unbearable today and I was wondering why.

The blister burst, I don't know when. I looked for it just now but couldn't see it at all.

My mom and I were talking, she's familiar with the bartholin cyst as she had one when she was younger.

I don't know what to do to ease the pain right now.

• Posted

In that case its not a bartholin cyst because you should feel relief when they pop. After mine was extracted i no longer had that weird ball feeling. I would try to take a bath with just water. If you cant do that then put some hot towel or pad maybe it would provide some relief if not take an ibuprofen i hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

It was a bit of delayed relief, but the pain is virtually gone, so maybe it was a bartholin abscess.

I will update my dr about this.

• Posted

Unfortunately as the day went on, the pain returned. There is no sign of the blister, but the area feels like it's raw, and raw would definitely hurt while urinating.

My latest problem is trouble urinating. I feel like I have to go, but I can't. I feel like I'm extremely swollen down there.

There's definitely something draining as well, I'm definitely not in my period as it looks like a blood/pus mixture that I see.

I haven't told my dr about the new symptoms, just the fact that everything was better.

• Posted

The swelling and pain are greatly reduced now, but the urinary trouble is getting worse.

It sounds like a bit of urinary retention and a UTI combined, neither problem helps at all. I'm nauseated in addition to not being able to urinate right now.

• Posted

And the nightmare doesn't end.

The blister has returned today, I just noticed a little while ago.

I'm beyond frustrated now.

• Posted

Yesterday he suggested a trip to the ER for the urinary retention, which is causing pain today. I will be going when I get home, and will bring up the other issues. The blister disappeared yet again, so this is very confusing.
    • Posted

That is so strange but yes go but dont forget to mention the guy and the blister!
    • Posted

A gynecologist I was speaking to says the blister is definitely a bartholin abscess. He said it can take up to a week to drain. Tomorrow will mark a week.

There's very little pain with the current blister, and it never scabbed over after it burst before like herpes blisters do.

My dr said to come back if it's still bothering me.

My other issue is that my period is late, just another thing to add to all of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.