I'm having a break

Posted , 31 users are following.

I have mentioned this in one of the posts today but some ladies object to me as a professional being on this forum so I am taking some time away from the forum.

3 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

my goodness how could anyone in their right mind object to you being here to assist and advise?

having had my insurer pay out close to 19k for all associated costs for my anterior and posterior repair I can honestly tell you that you Matron provided more support and reassurance to me than my consultant who provided no form of aftercare whatsoever whilst i was laden with a catheter fir 7 weeks. please do not allow anyone to downgrade you. you are by far the greatest asset this forum has and I know I speak on behalf of the majority of woman who can only but praise you for your invaluable help and support.

if I was asked to grade you between 1 and 10 I would grade you at a 15 immediately. ..

thank you for everything hope you come back soonest. you really do help so very many of us xxxx

• Posted

I think that people doing this to you is absolutely vile. You are a walking encylopedia when it comes to all health issues and you will be sorely missed.

Please don't let the nasty people get you down.

Thanks again for your invaluable help & support for me personally over the last two years.

• Posted

It's sad enough matron that we don't see any matrons on the wards anymore, we will be lost without you on the forum. My old auntie did her nursing training years ago before the war, when you had to pay for your training , she did many different certificates, and nursed children with infectious diseases down near Barrow in Furness. She did maternity too, ( wish she had warned me in more detail about prolapses).

They use to say that her advice and experience was invaluable , and often doctors to would ask her advice.

They can train up the young ones and they are exellent but they can only get experience by doing and gaining knowledge from the likes of yourself.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Awe you will be missed sorry to hear some people object, hop you ar back soon ๐Ÿ˜”Xx
  • Posted

Ridiculous! I do despair of people sometimes. Perhaps you could reinvent yourself. You've had the operation, you don't need to say you are a professional ๐Ÿ˜œ

We will miss you.

• Posted

Matron, i cant believe what I have just read!!! Why would anyone have an issue with somebody giving informed and expert personal advice to ladies, like me, who desperately need it!?

I just dont understand !i am so thankful to you for the advice you have given me - please dobt stay away too long - we need you!!

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

• Posted

What horrible people.you know the ones who treasure

Your professional advice matron. We all love you being here. Please come back.xx

• Posted

That is awful! Why should a few people on here spoil it for the rest! You have been the most kind, caring and patient person and always give excellent advice! Sod them is what I say if they don't want advice from someone that has knowledge don't post on here ! I hope you change your mind for all the lovely ladies that take your advice xxxx ๐Ÿ’ž
  • Posted

Matron if you go who will guide all these post op women who will most certainly be pushed and bullied into going back to work far to early. Women who will be at their most vulnerable and very confused about do's and dont's, who feel guilty as it is for being off work.

Their long term wellbeing is so important to all their famillies, most of them will be the main carers in their families and not only in employment but also doing unrecognised and unpaid work in their homes , which is so important to the wellbeing of their families, and important in keeping the working population healthy enough to continue in work. While men are doing more most do not do nearly as much as the women do! No wonder we all end up with prolapses and should be looked after for once in our life when we need a little help ourselves!

We will all support you matron !โ˜บโ˜บโ˜บ

• Posted

Matron,

I'm new to all this so do not know quite what is happening but all I can say is that I have had more common sense information over the last few days than I've had in the last 3 years. Please reconsider if you can. ๐ŸŒป

• Posted

Not me! I can understand if you want a break but I think it is great to have someone with an professional insight on here. ย Come back soon.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear this Marton, the time, professional advice you give is so helpful to all. I am a long way off my surgery but follow the discussions and have seen at first hand the comfort you give!

sorry that someone is so cruel and is causing you distress, I hope you come back soon and don't let this sad person win.

kind regards

ย 

• Posted

Well Matron, sorry to hear this andย I echo what all the others have said. I hope Moderator is reading all these and gets rid of the people who object to your invaluable advice!!! There are other professionals who offer advice on these forums, some are doctor's, physio therapists etc. We DO NOT get enough advice from the hospitals before we leave! How could weย as most are sent home almost as soon asย we wake up these days!!! We're lucky ifย we see a doctor, physio or anyone else except the nurse who signs the discharge papers. Hope you pass these comments on toย the people who need to know how we all feel Matron. We DO NEED someone like you in hospital and after discharge, on the phoneย just to reassure or say, come back all is not well! Three cheers for Matron. razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.