I'm having a break

Posted , 31 users are following.

I have mentioned this in one of the posts today but some ladies object to me as a professional being on this forum so I am taking some time away from the forum.

3 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Such cowards these vile cold beings.I'm so angry that this has happened to matron๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Posted

Please please ignore these small minded people that have nothing better to do than cause trouble. Your support and advice has been invaluable on this forum. As you know from your research we are given such little and at times conflicting advice after surgery that finding this forum and you was a god send.

Xxx

• Posted

Your advice helps so many I hope you stay.
  • Posted

Matron please do not leave this group. We rely on you for proffesional advice,,,you have said yourself about the lack of info available. Please reconsider your decision x
  • Posted

Matron you never did say if you got to bottom of that dodgy leaflet? I hope it's not anything to do with that ( stepping on wrong toes and all that).

I did find out that 2 years ago the board of trustees changed and for 1st time in over 84years there are 2 lay members on the board . Therefore some parties my have contrary interests.

There is a company that supplies medical products to do with particular procedures for particular procedures that has vested interests in the 3/4 week recovery, and that appears to be the company that is funding the so called research that this particular booklet is based on.

Matron I am worried about the future existence of this forum for many ladies that are older, and many who undergo highly invasive surgeries , for whom recovery will take much longer. These recovery rates are as you said yourself unrelistic and is not conducive to the longterm wellbeing of many woman undergoing invasive surgery

Anyhow do hope you have a good rest spend lots of time with your family,

Please come back soon,

Phyl xx

• Posted

Oh my goodness, what is wrong with some people, you have given me so much reassurance since my op, made me feel that I'm not alone in my recovery. Your help and advice has been invaluable to me and lots of others on here Matron, it really has xxx

ย 

• Posted

I have to respond to this and say I am so sorry you feel this way Matron. I had my op last September and I certainly wouldn't have been able to get through it like I did without your help, support and guidance. Some of my questions and concerns were so trivial but you always took the time to reply and I really appreciated everything. Please don't stay away long, other ladies need you like I needed you. Take care. You will be missed. Xxxx
  • Posted

matron this is shocking, I cannot believe this. I have valued your opinion and look forward to your input on this site. you speak as a professional who has actually gone through the procedure so know first hand how we are feeling. How or why anyone would complain is beyond words!

I for one would like them to have the courage of their conviction and post one here!

I have had limited information regarding recovery and felt alone in my recovery until I found this site. Please do not stay away too long I will miss your invaluable input so generously given. Xxx

• Posted

I am new to this forum and simply cannot believe anyone would object to you being a professional and having had a similar op giving advice. ย I was going to reply to a post where someone was asking for advice ( as I am in the same situation) but now feel I dare not as I am a theatre nurse having seen many of these ops. What is wrong with these sad pathetic people. I am sure your advice has helped and supported many that is surely what everyone on these forums need.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies. You've restored my faith in human nature. There has been some problems in the past on this forum that I won't go into but after talking to my husband and a couple of friends last night and reading your posts of course it's made me realise that I can't let one person stop me from doing what I actually enjoy doing.....helping people especially ladies on this forum. After all that's what I'm trained to do in a roundabout way.ย 
    • Posted

Fantastic news! Thank you Matron xx
    • Posted

so happy matron. .it has made my Sunday seeing the note you posted this morning .. personally I would rise above such nonsense. .. you are extremely valuable to us all... you know what they say. .. **there is one thing worse than being spoken about and that is not being spoken about atall**

you are held in high regard by us all

xxxxx

• Posted

You have saved us all from rushing off to the drs every 5mins panicking over our recovery!! As you say, its outrageous that we are discharged from hospital after our surgery with such poor advice, and in my case almost no advice at all. You are INVALUABLE to us ladies here matron.ย 
    • Posted

Horray matron, that's amazing.my heart sank to the lowest depths when I read your post.I'm not letting you escape thgay easily.worry welshgirl is needing you.I'm actually feeling OK today horray she says.I'm disgusted with these rotten people.I believe in karma matron!!hugs to you๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    • Posted

Oh matron so happy you are feeling more positive this morning, and good to hear you have supportive family and friends who care about you!

Happy chilling out!

Phyl xx โ˜บโ˜บโ˜บ

• Posted

Fantastic news keep up the good work matron the world needs more people like you.i only wish they would bring back the old matrons on the wards.im sat on a
    • Posted

Whoop whoop matron good for you! There's too much cyber bullying and this is definitely not the place to do such childish things! Bless you carry on helping all the lovely deserving ladies ๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’ž
    • Posted

Sorry didnt finish before posting...im sat on a ward now and although the staff are amazing god they need matrons back x
    • Posted

YAAY! Thank you thank you thank you - love it when common sense prevails ! ๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š
    • Posted

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it's a long time since I was called a young lady. Thank you
    • Posted

You are as young as you real lol, today I feel 90, operation on Tuesday, I am starting to overthink it.
    • Posted

Gillian you will be absolutely fine but it's only natural to worry. We'll all be here for you and welshgirl will have just had her operation so you can compare notes x
    • Posted

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• definitely. Xx
    • Posted

Oh Matron I just wrote a goodbye to you, didn't read your last message!!! Glad for your decision!! Convey my thanks to your husband and friends!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    • Posted

Thank you for your support you are an amazing lady, we are already comparing lol
    • Posted

Welcome back Matron. Ignore those miserable people who caused this problem. Maybe they THINK they know better or maybe getting paid buy "someone" who stands to lose out if a different product is recommended. I would like to suggest thet those of us who need advice on certain devices etc should send a private message to the person concerned. Thanks for your help. smileย Pollyanna xxx razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.