I wish I was dead. Tired of living.

Posted , 211 users are following.

I really don't want to live anymore.  I'm alone but do have some friends.  Have a grown daughter that has a busy life and no time for me.  I think people would be sad and miss me, but not terribly.  They'll get over it.  I recently had major surgery and it went well.  Not life threatening.  Yet I am so very sad and just don't want to continue.  I have no reason to be be depressed but I am and I just don't want to face another day.  I was seeing a therapist until 2 weeks ago when he released me.  I'm very good at hiding my true feelings from everyone.  If you so me at work or with friends you'd think I was a happy go-lucky person.  It's all a front.

I'm not looking forward to anything.  I just want to die.   I'm not in danger of hurting myself, I just want to be dead.  I'm so tired.  So tired of living.

36 likes, 302 replies

302 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thats great. I totally agree. I see no point in it really. But there is a silver lining. You can be fearless. Wanting to die is liberating. It cant get worse and maybee you will embrace the absurdity of it all. Personally there are a few things I could do before I die. Vendetta for instance. or  gambling. Wanting to die is the best way to face fear. I want to die too. But I want to die taking risks.  There are those things I'm afraid to do that I want to defeat before I go. Then I'll go. I mean wanting to die and living fearlessly are perfect for each other. Its ironic but wanting to die can be its best antidote. Go do something terrifying and then ask yourself, "If I want to die then why am I afraid?" Then do it. The body will tell you if you really mean it. and if you do then you are so much better off. You can do all the things that once scared you and laugh. 

• Posted

Hi. I hope I find you well I feel I am writing to myself. I have been through some rough times lately and feel like you too. I don't know what to say except that you are not alone and that if nothing else . I hope you are safe. Life is difficult no one said it would 've easy I wish I knew what I know now it would explain a lot. Each life is precious from the lowly spider that we don't hesitate to stamp on to the new born baby.But this life is yours and I am sad to think that you may leave this life without wishing u had done more. I too feel the same I have lived most of ny life unhappy but I think this needs to change.

I care x

• Posted

Hi

I'm only 17 but I'll day one thing that I do understand what you going through cause I've had this feeling many times and even today I also feel depressed lonely and sad but I've always been learnt one thing that one day people will value you and see the importance of you being around maybe sooner or later but I'll tell you that you just value people and try making them feel that you so care and you like being around them then they will understand you more or even if not dont wish to die seriously what you really mean to wish for is a better life not death. Death is not good cause it doesn't give peace that's harder cause you have to repay for your deeds and im sure just cause of people you want to leave the world. The world is too big to say that no one cares for you one day someone will care for you maybe a stranger instead but someone will. Im really sorry if I've said something that may have got you upset but always believe one thing it's better to live life happy you believe in life and life will befilled in you just enjoy life. Follow your heart not these awful things.

• Posted

I feel the same, but i feel so bad for wanting to die, because i have 3 children 15, 13&8 yerars my 15 year old has ADHD n ODD my 13 year old is also very hard wrk, shes had a knife to my throa, always getting in trouble at school, wont do anything

I ask her , what ever shes going through its on the dark side, my 8 year old is now very hard wrk i knoe shes going thr same way !!! They dont see any if there dads side as it ended through 11 years of domestic violence!!! I have no friends because of the insults they get when they come round, i dont get no help of my family, n i just carnt do it any more ? I have failed them so much i dont derserve them, i feel as so when some one created me they messed up so bad, n put me in the wrong place i wasn't made for this world, i am all my kids have n wish i was stronger for them, i carnt die cuz i am all they have, i just dont want to be here any mote

• Posted

Must be really rough with young ones mines 22 and has been addicted to herion...but he's the only reason I push to live ...

• Posted

That you have written this down in this forum is a positive act that you can be proud of. You have set down what are the problems with total honesty and in the hope that people will help you. You deserve happiness and also, these kids depend on you and they know it! I think that you can reach out to them in a new way, you can start a team with your kids. Try to do something differently, like always having a family supper, or giving each kid a "private talk" time. Kids are very hard, even if you have a million dollars. I know you can do this, and do not even worry one minute about their dad. 

• Posted

Amanda sweetheart....you truly are wonderful....

Brave, loving, strong, none of it is your fault...

Just keep loving. People change as they get older. Hang on in there....you are their GAURDIAN ANGEL Although they may not realise it now....you are amazing...hang on on there....AND !!!!!

YOU MUST GET SOME SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF...YOU TRULY, TRULY MATTER....HUGE , WARM HUGS TO A BEAUTIFUL LADY, WITH A BEAUTIFUL, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL HEART AND SOUL....KEEP YOUR HOPE UP....THINGS CAN AND DO CHANGE ....HUGE RESPECT.....DEE XXXXX

• Posted

I can't say I completely understand, since I'm just starting highschool, but there are moments where I just give up on trying. I don't want to do anything to end my life, but sometimes when I'm waiting around and not doing anything, I just wish someone else would do the honors. Yeah there's happiness and good moments, but I just don't seem to see the point anymore. I don't smile as much as I used to anymore, and I can't say my life is perfect. I feel as if I lost a huge part of myself and it's never coming back...

• Posted

Hey bruth50821. U sound in the midst of mild depression @ mo as u are still quite positive hope since you wrote this post that yr starting to feel happier or have sought help from a dr as yr v young you have lots to experience & life to live yet. Hugs xx

• Posted

I don't wanna die but there living my life for me by only allowing hate pain hurt hell on earth for me. So I'd Rather be in real hell this is over you win. No wanna is ever gonna love me they are making sure of that. Took my kids. I'll never have a job Home again they making sure. So I'll do the job for them bitch kill your self already like My husband said. I know you guy's are all powerful hear u loud and clear promise My plan what you want I'll do. God I pray you take My soul. I deserve heaven and your word.

• Posted

I feel the same some days worse then others I try to be strong but hard a lot of days I have bipolar 1 ..and I don't know what I'm feeling day to day

• Posted

Months ago now, and the reason I am responding is because I Google searched this feeling that I had, and got here. Hopefully you are OK and fighting the good fight. Please know that no matter how happy people look, this life is hard. We all wake up with dread, not knowing if things will be good or bad, personally, monetarily, emotionally. Some people might not feel that way, but it's not due to their money or advantages, it is because they wake up and see the sun and listen to the birds. My mother said once - if you die,if you kill yourself, you are not a window to life. Be a window to life! Because that is a gift, even if you are sad and lonely. Take a breath, things always change. You will meet a new friend, get a new job, find a new walk to take in the morning, listen to the birds around us, they are actually interested in human beings. Don't tune in to the cold surfaces and bad times that discourage us, take the slightest encouragement and run with it. I surely hope you have done this, and I hope and pray for you.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. I have just seen your post...I wrote on this also. It is so, so sad to see someone in such pain...i pray that it ended well. There are so many lost souls, and lost, hope, health. Self respect. Peace of mind. And happiness seem to be beyond their reach.....il p pray that all of them worked out well...

MY God!!! I have been in that living hell. 10 yrs...4 sections....hospitals...A AND E. But I am now well and have been for 14 yrs....

No matter how hopeless it seems....PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE..

PLEASE PLEASE NEVER GIVE UP...XXXXXX

• Posted

I hope, in the time since you initially posted, that this finds you in a better place. I, like many others, found this by googling why I wished I was dead. It now seems such an inbuilt part of my life (over 30 years) but even the meds/various therapies haven't helped. Luckily enough I am on various other meds for health issues, so if I 'forget' doses then I am not legitimately killing myself - I still have this thing that if I do then I won't see my partner (who passed away 3 years ago from cancer), or other good friends who have already passed, in the afterlife (strange what attending a church school can do to you!). But, you are not alone - and hopefully one day we will all overcome this deeply negative and unsettling feeling. Our lives are just as important as everyone else's, it's time we felt that way too. Sending you wishes, and encouragement, and to all those who have written/viewed this thread.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.