Im losing my sanity fast

Posted , 12 users are following.

My right ear is thumping on and off...sounds like thunder or heavy drums.

Can't sleep,cant concentrate and I'm getting on everyone's nerves.

The doctor at the hospital emergency said I got trapped fluid behind the drum.The next day it went to town with drumming.....i want to end my life,I can't take it anymore! 

1 like, 189 replies

189 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm trying to desensitized myself to the rumbling thumping sounds so I wont be bothered by it too much until I can get more money for the ENT somewhere.I'm gonna have to try or end it all.

• Posted

it's drumming like crazy today.....i can't stand it,why am I the only one with this

• Posted

You are not the only one.  Some of us with ETD don't have tinnitus.  You should look on all these forum for help,  i get u can't stand it, been there, but there is hope, stay strong, u will get better!

• Posted

Tasha....stress makes tinnitus (loud noises in the ear) much worse.  We've discussed that you need a sedative to calm down.  See if anyone can provide a prescription for 0.5mg Ativan which you can take 3 times/day. It is very inexpensive and will reduce the noise in your ear and will generally calm you down. 

• Posted

its thumping like thunder rumbling....not ringing...sedatives is just a bandaid
    • Posted

I take Klonopin as needed.  I started having panic attacks due to my ears.  When it gets bad I take one.  It might be a bandaid but it helps until you can figure out the problem.  

My numerous doctors said allergies, allergies, allergies.  Allergy pills and nasal sprays didn't help so I was skeptical it was allergies.  

Now I am being treated for TMD and it has greatly improved my ears!  

• Posted

My ear is just having a field day.....ugh.....rumbling thumping fluttering.

...I guess ill become a insomniac..better than this wake up hell...water behind the eardrum with no cure sucks

• Posted

It stayed away for three days....but this morning....i heard the rumble...no no no no....i gotta stay calm ...i dont want to pull another insomiac adventure....i need to know why this is happening to me.......I made a appointment at a charity clinic...but it wont be until september the 27 ...damn...why me....being poor sucks...and i have to indure this stuffy ear and my left one is trying to copy....that noose is starting to look good now
  • Posted

Tasha, don't give up...it's going to get better.  If you go to the ER again, ask to talk with a social worker.  They may be able to help you with getting affordable treatment. Also, if you are below the poverty line, could you apply for government assistance?  That might at least enable you to pay for things like Flonase, etc.  Do you have a car?  Working as an Uber or Lyft drive could help you increase your income which would help you pay for treatment.  Lastly, I think drinking lots of water can help drain your ears.  It makes the fluid in there less goey and therefore allows it to drain easier.  You'll be in my prayers.

• Posted

tried all that and no i cant drive cause my parents wont teach me but they taught my nefpew long ago...wtf.im using my cousins computer..thats how poor i am.
  • Posted

Your story is so sad Tasha,  You really need to get this sorted and soon.  No one can go on as long as this with blocked ears and no one knows how bad it is until they suffer it themselves.  If your family don't understand how your are feeling, show them some of the post on this Forum, as we all feel the same.  I feel for you, I really do.  Did you say in a previous post (I can't find it) that you are unable to take Prednisolone ?  I took the 20 day reducing course in April and still my ears are clear, no inflammation, no fluid.  It's just brilliant.  I dread it possibly returning in the Winter as Seasons do affect me due to allergies.  Michael is right, try and drink as much water as possible to thin the mucus and do steam inhalations too, then try and pop your ears, but not both at the same time.  I find sticking my finger in the opposite ear, pinching nostrils together and blowing, do it hard and that ear may pop, then do the same with the other ear (are both blocked ?)  There is no quick fix for this condition, I've had many, many years of suffering from it.....34 years to be procise.  I take a daily antihistamine and use Flixonase twice daily and after the course of Prednisolone as I've said ears are behaving.  I'm convinced mine is caused by allergies and Rhinitis.  If you're able, do ask for some prednisolone to get this conditon sorted quickly.  If you can, ask for a long enough course as one week will not clear it and they tke at least 4/5 days to click in.  One quik course will not hurt you as I've HAD to take them at least every other year.

People think blocked ears, big deal, it's not life threatening....well let them suffer for just a week to see how dibilitating Eustachian Tube Dyfunction is !!!!

The very best of luck

Anne

• Posted

I want people to know my agony and not think im just a crazy person.

like the nurses at the hospital ENT said to my mother about me behind my back in the early 2000's

• Posted

That's dreadful and extrememly unprofessional and needs reporting.  As I've said it's a dreadful condtion that drags us all down.

Show your mum some of the posts on here so sh can read how awful we all thin it is.

Anne

• Posted

Morning Tasha, we are all here for you when you need a chat.  As you're unable to take Prednisolone, ask your doctor to precribe FLIONASE NASULES....NOT THE GENERIC TYPE.  These nose drops are stronger than the Aqueous Flixonase nasal spray.  You'll have to lean your head over the bed to administer, and stay there for approx. one minute to allow it go get into your eustachian tubes.  I use this when my ears get really bad.  My left ear blocked last night, first time in three months, prednisolone obviously out of my system and trouble my be returning.   After while, once I'd put up Flixonase I managed to pop them.  I find when I get hot and if it's humid too, my left ear blocks.  I maybe clutching at straws, but many years ago I had a very deep filling top left tooth, wondering if that is pressing down on the eustachian tube causing it to block....it does hurt slightly when I bite down on that tooth.  I'll get myself to the dentist and ask for X-ray to see if there is a problem.  Would love to think that's the cause and I'd happily have the tooth removed as it's already been crowned.  Doubt that's my problem, but anything is worth investigating, as my right ear is no bother these days, only the left.  Many years ago they both used to blocked up leavng my deaf and miserable.  So Tasha, try the stronger Floxnase, but Nasule.   Apart from having grommets put into yours ears, or possibly balloon dilation, there is nothing more on offer in the UK.  I'm just thankful I have a very good ENT consultant and over here the NHS is free and hosptals stays too.  So fortunate regarding Health Care living in England.  I have family in Pennsylvannia and all of them have Health Insurance.   Isn't there a place you can be seen if you don't have the money to pay ?  Surely they don't turn away people that are critically ill if they haven't any Insurance.

All the best Tasha and please give what I've recommended a go.  I've suffered this complaint on and off for many years now, more on than off.

Take care

Anne

• Posted

i cant do it now.....i have a $400.00 bill i have to pay off....and im poor as i dont know what...now im screwed cause they want their money up front and they dont bargin...so medicine and doctors are out of the question...might have to pile up debt
    • Posted

Hi again,   have you no health insurance at all ?   If you have ask for those drops I've told you above in my message.  Would your mum not pay for it for you ?

Feel so very sorry for you and are your ears still blocked ?

Anne

• Posted

i cant afford insurance....drops are another story.the blocking lightens up or gets heavy if im straining too Hard.last night it started thumping and i was put back in panic mode.i kinda just accept fate and let all my misery finish me off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.