Internal tremors especially in my head

Posted , 41 users are following.

I'm a 28 year old female that lives a realitivly stress free life that is healthy and active. A month ago I randomly started feeling a INTERNAL  shaking tremoring sensation in my upper body this lasted for a week and went away. In this time I had a MRI of the head and an ECG that both came back as normal.

Last week the tremors came back and for the last 3 days they have been solely confined to my head. I only notice it at times of rest if I'm watching TV or in bed and when I'm active I do not notice it. My doctors do not have an explanation for this and because my tests have come back ok they think I'm imagining it because there's nothing visual for them to see. Also for around a year I've had strange feelings of pins and needles that go through my arms and legs and stay for days. I'm not sure if this is related. Can anybody offer any explanations because I really do not know what this is and I'm extremely worried.

3 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

i haven't checked..mine just started lately ..Almost 4weeks now..i was just hoping it will go after sometime..but it didn't..im having strong pressure and pain in my teeth now.. Please i s the test for the tyroid costly

• Edited

hey Brandy, I have the exact same symptoms and am only 22... they have been going on for about 10 days now... 2 months ago my TSH hormone was low which means my thyroid was not working well so I have to check it out again because I think this could be related to thyroid... the price of the test depends in which country you live, in mine its about 30dollars for hormones TSH,T3,T4

• Edited

i have checked my tyroid..my TSH hormone was high..i hope is the cause because i have gotten an antityroid drug

• Posted

okay dear ..once you check yours out and the problem is the tyroid malfunction,just let me know too so that i can go check mine..hope it doesn't kill cause I'm so scared

• Posted

Yes, i have checked my thyroid and i have nodules and that is what is causing my inner tremors since when the antibodies attack the thyroid it releases hormones that caused this feelings in the brain/head

• Edited

I have had these for the past 6 months, they went away a bit for 3 weeks, then come back. I had blood tests that came up with nothing. Dr would not send me to a Neuro, they wanted to try drugs. Like, why would you need to give me drugs without finding out what is wrong. I fear I have early alzhimers or parkinsons, as internal tremors can be an early sign. I also have short term memory loss and horrendous brain fog.

But I also suffer from vestibular migraines and non allergic rhinitis, so it could be those that's causing the brain fog. The tremors could be down to stress as well. So, how in the hell can I get a diagnosis. Dr's don't give a damn, they just want to chuck you on drugs or say they have no idea.

• Posted

Same issue and my age is 24....really worried 😔.... Now i can not even discuss with anyone otherwise they will call me phycho..

• Posted

It is probably related to your thyroid, i have it for years and i have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism but i am not hypothyroid yet. You should have some tests which are FT3, FT4, TSH, TPO and TGab, RT3 to see if you have Hashimotos or your thyroid is not function properly. Make sure it is the Free T's because the T3 or T4 does not help in telling you the amount of hormones that are running through your body.

I have an MRI also to the brain doctor and have all the tests and came back negative minus a little white matter in my brain but very little.

• Edited

my thyroid seems fine... T3,T4,TSH all normal. I still feel internal shakiness constantly (for about a month now). I thought it was thyroid but am worried now.

• Posted

Hi,

i have continuous internal tremors as well...ive had them for about 4 weeks. Have you had any luck yet?

• Edited

i checked my thyroid buy but it was okay..i did TSH,T3,ft4 ,ft3 but it all came out fine

• Posted

I'm having a horrific time with internal tremors at the moment. It's sickening. Basically, the closer I get to sleep, the worse the tremors get, 10 seconds after I fall asleep, I wake up and my entire body is shaking. It's scary as hell. What the fk, why would this be happening.

• Posted

me too, if you find out let me know i have it since 2013 and like it went away for some time but now it came with a vengeance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.