Internal tremors especially in my head

Posted , 41 users are following.

I'm a 28 year old female that lives a realitivly stress free life that is healthy and active. A month ago I randomly started feeling a INTERNAL  shaking tremoring sensation in my upper body this lasted for a week and went away. In this time I had a MRI of the head and an ECG that both came back as normal.

Last week the tremors came back and for the last 3 days they have been solely confined to my head. I only notice it at times of rest if I'm watching TV or in bed and when I'm active I do not notice it. My doctors do not have an explanation for this and because my tests have come back ok they think I'm imagining it because there's nothing visual for them to see. Also for around a year I've had strange feelings of pins and needles that go through my arms and legs and stay for days. I'm not sure if this is related. Can anybody offer any explanations because I really do not know what this is and I'm extremely worried.

3 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

check your thyroid, i have the same, do this labs FT3, Ft4, TSH, TPO, TGab, RT3

• Posted

Please i checked my thyroid but it was okay..i did TSH,free t4 and t3 ..it was okay

• Posted

sorry to hear, i still have it very strong, it wakes me up at night, desperate to find a cure or know from what it is

• Posted

I don't understand your first paragraph second paragraph sounds to me like compressed nerves in your neck -- but i don't think

neck nerves expain the legs?

• Posted

Did you guys feel well now? Cause im experiencing the same symptoms

• Posted

hey. my internal shakiness started 2 months ago and stopped about a week ago, so it was basically constant for 2 months. It will all be good 😃

• Posted

I have moving sensations in my head and throughout my body. most distressing. sometimes it feels like a spin dryer or an electric motor and other times bouncing Sensation. this condition has affected my entire life. so I sympathize with you. Have had them for nearly 30 years I am now 70 years old. I was originally diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and then more recently the diagnosis was Lyme disease. I feel it is something to do with light intolerance

• Posted

hi have any of you had a diagnosis or answer what this is at all?

i had the same over a year ago then it went and now i have it back again, vibration in head tightness around nose and roof of mouth occasionally vibration seems to get worse with deep noises? im concerned this is MS im waiting on neurology appointment but im a long way off being seen.

vickie

• Edited

My tremors began last summer (6 months ago) and for the first few months came and went. I do suffer from anxiety, and with COVID-19 locking us down for a year, it has been exacerbated. However, I suspected the cause could've been too much caffiene intake or even electrolytes, as I had been drinking about 24 oz. of gatorade each day. So...I quit the gatorade, I quit caffenated soda, and as I only drink decaf coffee I thought I was good. and they did stop for a time. However, they returned in December and have been consistant each and every night. I am waking up pretty much on the hour with my torso shaking... in my back, down to my legs.it has intensified in the past two months as well. I read that it could be the result of a B12 deficiency, and possibly magnesium deficiency as well. So I began taking 100 mg of magnesium before bed, and 5000 mg of B12 daily a few weeks back.

Well, after about a week with the vitamins, I had a 2 night/morning respite (break) from the tremors. BUT... that was it. ..they're back now, as bad or worse. I see my GP again on March 22nd, but so far she is also attributing the condition on anxiety (we discussed in last September before I suspect worse, (at best thyroid issues--at worst, MS) but perhaps she'll have a different outlook this visit.

Look for more to come, but I am looking to try just about anything at this point. NUTMEG?! HELP!

• Posted

I'm dealing with the same and hope you find some relief. I'm going to see my 2nd neuro soon. The first one had no idea how to help.

I also get a constant bounding pulse with my tremors too.

• Posted

Internal vibrations are a serious problem which often seem mysterious, and people suffer dreadfully with it. It comes on without prior signs and can be very disruptive to life and sleep.

I have suffered with it continuously for much of last winter even though I don’t use or drink any stimulants. (In fact, I thought for many months that it must be something external in my apartment building causing it, but no one else felt it.)

A neurologist then diagnosed it as being neurological in origin, with the brain sending out excess electrical signals to my body, and prescribed gabapentin to reduce this.

The gabapentin has helped greatly in dealing with this problem and also quickly restored my ability to sleep. It feels like it saved my life.

So do please see a neurologist if you are suffering with a regular feeling of internal vibrations.

Please post this on your forum, it could help many others who are in great distress.

• Posted

I'm going to start the Compassionate Use act in Texas bc when I did low dose OTC THC. I cried.. it took the nerve BURN away. Look, I'm a burn unit baby...on my legs. That burning is gone when I find a good strain to use. Problem is, it is very expensive. IT IS LEGAL in TEXAS,

please. advise

• Posted

I just started having this a few weeks ago. It is so scary. I usually experience it when trying to fall asleep. I feel these vibrations inside my head and it feels like I'm about to have a seizure and then I'm jolted awake. My doctor, too, as indicated it is anxiety and prescribed Valium. The valium help me get to sleep even with the tremors but who wants to take a drug for the rest of their life without understanding the origin of the symptom? I do have anxiety over why this is happening to me so it's a viscious circle.

I hate doctors precisely for the reason everyone is describing on this site. When they don't have an answer, instead of trying to find one, they attribute it to some "mental" issue like anxiety or depression when in reality it is actually a physical condition. When I was younger, everything was related to my menstral cycle. Now, that this is no longer a viable option, it must be something attributed to some unseen force of anxiety or depression when, in fact, I am only anxious about not getting any viable answers. And that, most certainly, is depressing.

I'm trying nutmeg. If it works, I will be the happiest person on this earth because whatever this is - it is quite scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.