Is anybody tired of people telling you to "just get over it"?

Posted , 13 users are following.

As if you can just "get over" menopause and the depression that it brings along with the million other symptoms that comes with it. I

5 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I was almost suicidal a year ago when I started to have awful meno symptoms. I am an active person with no history of depression. I feel much better now and convinced that our body cannot survive without estrogen. Nothing natural in meno for me!

• Posted

It is the worst, and it's hard to explain it to people who have never had anxiety problem, they don't get it..

• Posted

I hear you! One friend who is great in all other regards would say "yes, we all go through this so just move on." I wish I could move on. Symptoms keep creeping up. Depression, anxiety and low/no energy are persistent. Sometimes I really don't think they hear what is coming out of their mouth. Love all you ladies here on this forum!

• Posted

I think I would have choked her if she had said that to me. I work with a lady who thinks women are just whiney. She actually said (She is 59) "what is menopause? It's just when you stop your period right"?

But she'll talk about symptoms she's having. I know it's menopause, but she chalks it up to age. When women are denying that menopause is a thing, how can we expect the medical community to take it more seriously?

• Posted

Hi Kimberly! I have that awful fatigue, low, no energy thing...seems like all the time since peri. Other issues too(long discussion about migraines)... Anyways...what is your fatigue feel like...I feel like a corpse, but not sleepy! Have been checked up, down and sideways. I have a lot of stress in my life that has built up, I have anxiety like we all do... Is your fatigue real bad? But, you do not over sleep, etc...

• Posted

Hi Lou,

You may look after your Adrenal gland, If you had a lot of stress, and feel fatigue. It may be adrenal fatigue. Gaia Addrenal Support is very good product for that. I had, help me a lot for my painful body.

• Posted

Hi Lou, the fatigue will hit me out of nowhere and last for a few days and then disappear. Then of course it'll come back. I get real lethargic and can't focus either. It boggles me because I used to be so active. Sigh. It's not a sleepy feeling, it's an exhausted feeling. How about you? I've also suffered from migraines since I was a teenager. Personally they're less frequent since peri hit. I suppose that's a blessing. However, when I do get migraines I can be out of commission for 2-3 days after the migraine is over because it has exhausted me, more of the fatigue setting in. Sounds like your migraines have increased? I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks Kimberly! We sound similiar with the fatigue. Same here, not sleepy...but out of nowhere I need to stop and drop! Also, very rough month with migraines...I counted 9. Then, of course a couple days recovery for each. I tried to go back back on birth control pills at the beginning of the month...week 3, I got 5 migraines...obgyn told me to stop them. Hopefully December will be better. Fingers crossed!

• Posted

Yeah I quit my job 3 weeks ago cause they judt didnt get it and instead of calling me into the office asking if I was ok told me they wanted to cut my hours so I thought enough is enough 😡 the only thing is I now have to find a new one and at 50 and feeling 80 I havent the energy so am very anxious about my future as wherever I end up they still wont get it.

• Posted

Try not to worry. Pray instead. I was close to quitting when my supervisor asked me if I was ok. I don't trust her really. But I do trust God and the night before I just said God you have to do something. I could not continue down the path I was going or I was going to have a meltdown and quit on the spot.

• Posted

Thanks juanita, I am worried sick as dont no how im going to find the strength and confidence to get through it all ive got horrible anxiety as I type this so going out for a walk to try and walk it off but thanks for your kind words 😊

• Posted

This might sound strange but I always think what if i worked in a busy factory putting things together, like on a conveyor belt, would my mind be racing, or would i not be thinking about it, because my mind is on the job, i know it sounds strange but i found if i go for a walk or even go to the store, i seem a little better but not great

• Posted

walking my dog is the only thing that helps me atm but mornings have always been the worst my anxiety comes and goes and stress makes it so much worse and big changes in my life.

• Posted

**I absolutely hate when people even Drs who act as if we should just get over it ! I too would not wish this post menopausal crap on anyone and it angers me when people just don't understand where the hell im coming from. So so very happy to have found this forum where we can express our thoughts and concerns and have people relate tp what were going through without judging. Thanks everyone and may you all be blessed with comfort amd good health. **

• Posted

I feel blessed. My doctor didn't tell me to just get over it. Between job burnout, depression and menopause I was a basket case. A simple prayer to God and now I'm on leave until January 2nd, 2019. Glory be to God!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.