Is this fibromyalgia?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I havent been officially diagnosed but I was told by a doctor that theyre leaning towards me having fibromyalgia...im not sure if my symptoms fit. My primary doc pressed on some fm points on my back a couple weeks ago but it didnt hurt at the time but now when i press on other points its actually sore. But my main symptoms are intense burning in arms and legs (mostly thighs) when laying down. If i fall asleep on the couch it doesnt happen or when i first go to bed ill be fine..the burning usually happens later on like after getting up in the middleof the night..I also have very visible veins in the arms and legs as well. It seems like the veins show up where it hurts. Theyre especially prominent on my feet...my hands and feet will also hurt either when laying down or during the day...And i noticed my feet have higher arches now, it looks like the skin at the arch is thinning and i see a lot of veins there and even my fingers and toes have veins that werent visible before. Every morning my legs look purplish and has a mottled look to it but that eventually subsides, its mostly on the thighs...a couple months ago this all started with pain in only the hands and feet and then progressed to this...is this simmilar to fm??

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

having blood tests will not show up fibromyalgia,but it my show other things you have to find the right thing for you,for me it is the physio twice aweek also i use a leg machine because it effects my legs they go weak then i have a very deep massage whichis done by the physio on a amchine yes it does hurt,then it goes away i also use again brutran patches 20 and 10mcg we have found the right level and also co-codamol 30 /500 and if i get it all over which i do when i have a flaare up is voltarol gel,ever gp is different when it comes to fibromyalgia your body can change temperture hot to cold and cold to hot you cand get angry annoyed very frustrated,i am just having an attack now in my shoulders the muscles are hot and inflammed. judith form southport

• Posted

I get a burning feeling too sometimes it feels like an icy hot sensation on my skin. its usually on my arms

• Posted

sometimes in the upper arms other times its the whole arm. When laying down i get an intense burning in both arms and legs it goes to my hands and feet. Sometimes only my right arm during the day. I also get sharp pain near the wrists lasting only a few minutes at a time.

• Posted

Interesting, sounds bad, mine doesn't turn off.

On a few forums with Pots and eds sufferers and other linked to fibro symptoms, people were all trialling different remedies and trying to figure out a panacea.

I think some said, licorice and salt helped mildly. (DGL licorice id say if ur condition would benefit from that.

Other things like sleeping on an infra red mat has cured some fibro sufferers who were bed ridden.

But fasting and keto are number on my mind.

Mixed with ewot training.

• Posted

i have just got a flare up now,and all i was doing was trying to sort out a friend from 7.30pm till 9.45pm. and by the time i got home i could feel it starting,luckly i was gong to my gp about my clonus and the attacks i have had since they reduced the dosage,so they have put me back on my 8mg,the later on i had the physio he di my lowerback ,hamstrings and quads i have tried different diets,none of them have worked,so i am stickingtowhat is working for mebut when you get a flare up then you do,you can lose your temper,get annoyed,angry, frustrated ever one that i have spoken to have the same,you can develop different symtoms because there are so many judith

• Posted

most experiences about fm ive. read about seems to be intense pain, mine are more mild and i have some things that dont really fit fibro

• Posted

the main fibromyalgia is pain in the muscle,tendons,and joints,weak ness in the lower legs and feet,calfs,quads, going hot and cold and burning in the muscle also tummy problems difficult in walking,chest pains,headches the list is endless the worse for me is i have other medical problems i have clonus which is like ME AND PARKINSONS and the fibromyalgia and arthrtus. judith

• Posted

has i have said everyones fibrmyalgia is different the list is so long,but the basics are the muscles,tendons,and joints,,going hot and cold,headaches,tummy peoblems chest pains,burning in the muscles,weak legs,everthing feels heavy,it can effect your walking,i need to have 3 ops,but they can,t do them because of the meds i am on and also i have an allergic reaction to injections and anaesetics

so i have multi problems .iknow some other people with it and they have the same problems has me,also feeling tired no energy, judith

• Posted

i know ur on those meds and there doing you harm, maybe taper them down, gradually ween on keto, then fasting.

Lots of diabetics type 1 and 2 are weening off there meds gradually, with fasting. then getting to the point of not needing there insulin and meds.

Fasting is key, then living into a ketogenic state.

Keto is good maintenance, but fasting and doing an omad ketogenic lifestyle should alleviate most autoimmune issues and inflammatory symptoms.

• Posted

we had a talk about this keto.with the gp and counsellor and they both were not for it for me. plus i am not diabetic the only thing is vitamin D must gps,only give out just paracetamol 500 and voltarol gel,i am luckly i am on co-codamol 30/500 ,brutran pain patches,and voltarol gel and the physio on tusdays and thursdays helps,the legs are weak so the physio has got some equipment for my lower legs,having blood tests i september.one of my bestfriends has got it has well,sh is like me,and my cousins husband also has it the same as me.judith

• Posted

Look into an AIP diet then.

reducing inflammation can be done with a diet, women can do yoga and meditation stuff.

Relax the mind.

15 min coffee enemes once a week, listen to mp3s, soothe your mind.

• Posted

I get pain in the wrists frequently,sometimes doing certain movements causes the pain other times it comes on when im not doing anything. And also the front of the ankles. Fingers, toes, soles of feet. It usually lasts only a few seconds or minutes at a time. These all seem like fibro im just confused about seeing the veins everywhere. I wonder if people with fm have had issues with veins

• Posted

blood flow is an issue with inflammation, high blood pressure

Keto would reduce both.

Muscle and joint pain is inflammation

if u can cool it via exercise, diet, stretching, sauna, ice baths. Great

I used to be in the medication and ice gel creams and panadols years back.

Never helped me one bit.

• Posted

hard to setup.

Use ur shower, coldest then switch to heat (moderately hot) not scorching hot

Winter works best for extreme cold.

keep switching back n forth.

But u should feel a rush, and again, this isn't enjoyable and requires mental toughness or blocking out pain like buddhist like mentality.

But its worth it.

• Posted

i meant having ice block smashed into a bath is a hard setup.

Like having baking trays in separate freezer, smashing them with a hammer putting into an esky, yep ive done that, then tip into a clean bin (only used for icing haha) or bath,

The shower thing is instant and easy.

• Posted

I CAN,T DO ALOT OF EXECISE BECAUSE of my other problems i have got,i got on a leg machine which hepls and the physiom is going to adapt the machine so i can do my lower legs i knew i was going to get a break out on wednesdaythursday,and it is the full blown fibromyalgia i have got today,all my body is so sore muscles tendons the burning,and the numbness in my fingers,the only thing that i have,nt tried yet is the hydro pool ,soi am very limited to what i can do.judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.