It probably is!!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have been reading over the time on tbis site some scared and desperate lovely ladies in need of reassurance. I know because i have been there and i just want to reach out a reassuring hand and say it probably is the start of menopause, of course get it checked out but don't feel you are alone and going mad! Here is some of my awful symptoms!

Nausea

Anxiety

Panic atracks

Gastitis

Food cravings

Earache

Headaches

Migraine auras

Leg cramps

Nose and gum bleeds

Acne

Hot sweats

Brain fog

Heavy clotty periods

Irregular periods

Eye twitches

Mood swings

Sensitive teeth

Brittle nails

Watery eyes

Dry eyes

Theae are just a few, don't worry you aren't alone and not going mad!!! Xx

4 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes the tingling in my right toes , I had  sciatica last year and it still comes and goes, before my period every month my right leg tingling and numbness this all started when I turned 45 years old, nobody ever told me I would have expriancess with hormones like this!!! Thank you for sharing it truly helps knowing.
    • Posted

Dear Natalie,

Yes it helps to share our experiences, I sailed through my pregnancies and I thought I would with menopause but I have had a taste of most symptoms x

• Posted

And .........

Insomnia

Health anxiety

Tinitus

Terrible achy joints

Digestive issues

Worry worry worry - Uugghh ! Xx

• Posted

Yes yes yes to all of them, the health anxiety has made me think i have all sorts of illnesses, i have found myself waking in the night thinking of all sorts of horrible things x
    • Posted

Oh me too im right there with you on this one, I pace the floor at 3am worrying myself to the point of being sick utterly convincing myself I have something horrible that's slowly killing me, I'm forever checking for lumps and bumps and then find something and then that's it im done for. Ended up in hospital couple weeks ago with ECG,s, chest X-ray , blood tests and so on, doctor said anxiety and yes all linked to the menopause ! Bloody sick of it xx
    • Posted

I too have had this. Very sympathetic nurse in the hospital though. They must be used to women of a certain age turning up in the throes of a 'heart attack', but it's a panic attack instead! So, that's 2 things we have in common; symptoms, and our name. x
    • Posted

I've gone to ER first time when all my symptoms flooded me 11 months ago. And have had numerous times where I wanted to go again. Took all the restraint I had not to. And a friend saying they couldn't do anything there for me anyway.

Now I'm concerned when it is something like a heart attack I'll just think it's peri.

• Posted

That's my concern too. I keep telling myself that my heart test results came back clear, and as long as I live a healthy lifestyle, the risk of a heart attack is small at the moment. It's so difficult though and it's terrifying when it happens. It's bad enough when my husband is here with me, but in the daytime when I'm alone it's much worse. I seem to be not so bad at the beginning of my cycle, but by week 4 when my period has arrived, I'm a complete nervous wreck.
    • Posted

Ah you poor thing, the doctor I saw was a male and he was lovely to me and I felt awful - awful for wasting their time and resources , but he said NO , chest pain of any kind should never be ignored and that's what they are there for - he also said that anxiety is real and it CAN cause physical pain, I never knew that - also he told me that lots of menopausal women go to A and E with real symptoms, it's nothing to be ashamed of and if any of us ladies have any worrying symptoms to go to the doctor or to hospital. ......It's a horrible scary time for all of us, love Louise xx
    • Posted

Also add

Problems swollowing

Voice changing ( which scared me because someone told me it was a symthom of lung cancer)

Anxiety anxiety ++++++

Vaginal athropy

Sadness

• Posted

Also horrible thinning hair, anyone else got this and how on earth does anyone else cope with this horrible problem ? x
    • Posted

Yes thinning hair me too. And my vision has changed drastically. Need reading glasses even while eating. Will probably need stronger prescription this annual exam whereas it's been same for decades.
    • Posted

Anaemia caused my hair to thin dreadfully a few years ago, caused by heavy periods. So I make sure I have iron levels checked regularly and take iron with B12. 

I take a silica formula supplement when I remember. I'm not convinced yet that it makes my hair thicker but my hair and nails definitely grow faster when I have taken it for a couple of weeks. 

• Posted

Awful isn't it - one of the worst things I think is worrying about my hair. I'm thinking I'll end up like one of those old men with bald heads with a few really long strands swept all over the bald bit, that'll be me !
    • Posted

Yes it's horrid, I have to be careful what supplements I take though as im on thyroxine and can't take things with iodine in and lots of supplements have this in sadly 😨
    • Posted

Id prefer to be bald with a comb over than have all these symptoms.
    • Posted

The thinning hair is the symptom I thik I hate the most just now. I have long hair, and these days I cant really wear it loose like I used to - it just looks straggly and horrible.  I take biotin tablets, which seems to have made it grow quicker and my nails are stronger, but my hairs not thicker.

I'll have to think about getting a different cut soon if theres nothing else I can do about it.

I take all the other recommended supplements.

• Posted

Yes it seems flatter now no matter how i try to give it body! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.