Its finally going! - signs of healing

Posted , 64 users are following.

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches enlarged and flattened and started to fade from the inside of the patch outwards. During this time my skin was very flaky. Within a week the rash had faded down to a tan colour and once the flaking had gone the tan patches were dry looking but flat. The early patches and herald patch have almost completely faded and the patches I got later on are still there but beginning to go.

Its been a horrid 8 weeks but I'm glad that it seems to be going - I'm just praying that its gone for good and will stay away for my wedding next year.

For those of you in the middle of it and feeling miserable - IT WILL GO AWAY! I really felt that i would have it forever but I'm almost normal again now and I'm so relieved! There is hope - hang in there eveyone!

9 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm really overwhelemed with this.. Not sure what it was at at thinking

• Posted

Thank you all for the responses. It is totally linked to stress I think.

I did UV for two days then off one day then back on for two days and there was an improvement. My rash has started to fade but my neck is still bad and very visible.

I am generally health anyway but I started to take probiotics and multivitamins and I keep trying to go out into the sun. I am contanstly moisturising and it really helps. I've been washing with a moisturiser the GP gave me too so very similar to head and shoulders.

It's week 3 and it's starting to be a lot less itchy too. The rash has started to peel and get flaky.

I can't believe this can randomly happen, hope I never get it again!

• Posted

I head you should try not to stress about it because if you stress it can make it worse. I know that sounds hard to do though.
  • Edited

Thank you for that glimpse of hope.  I needed to hear that.   It's been only 2 wks thus far and that seems like an eternity with PR.  Thanks for your post.

• Posted

I have PR and i want it to stop spreading . I went to the doctor and all he said was i have PR and it will go away by itself. I began to panic seeing that some causes are by syphilus , a strain of herpes and its NOT yet known for sure.

Can someone please tell me how i can cope with this. 

• Posted

Hey Nyiah,

Don’t worry you are not alone, mine

Has been 2 months and it’s at its worst peek (the Christmas tree effect they say) apparently mine started after I had a very sore throat. either way try the below and see how you feel (I’m dark skinned with very rough skin so I can’t use any lotions it drys up my skin so I’m using the below and following these few tips that have helped my condition become much smoother now. 

1. keep antibacterial on you all day every day (don’t touch your skin to much anyway)

2. Wear cotton natural fabrics (I’ve gone on a shopping sphere because of this)

3. EPADERM emollient that I use to shower and lotion with the best so far twice a day 

4.  I’m taking allergy tablets twice a day (hydrochloride 10mg) This was prescribed to me 

My GP advised me this could last for 6months but the best thing is not stress to much it makes it worse 

I really hoped I’ve helped a little bit smile 

• Posted

Hi Statzstaz

No I haven’t I don’t live in America so it costs so much for me to get it 

It cost around £70 which is more than I can I afford for a cream that might not work.

For the moment my rashes have actually started to fade and they are much smoother just my using the creams I mentioned before 

If it doesn’t seem to be vanishing by December/ janauery prezze will be the last resort smile

• Posted

Hi, did you managed to rid off PR ? My PR started with soar throat also. I'm on 3d week, and it started to itch badly. Im going to use your advice about shower, but antihistomines I think is not helpful unless they make you sleepy and relax at night. You can buy them in any chemistry without prescription. I also made today my cream with organic coconut oil and organic aloe Vera gel,- Prrezo cream main ingredients. Let see if it helps. But if PR is a virus than our bodies should develop antibodies in time and all steroids and antihistomines can only delay it. Wishing to all quick recovery.

• Posted

Hi there 

I am heading into week 6 with this rash now the derm is 90% sure it is PR but it's on my scalp and on my face now and spots just keep on coming I'm pretty much covered from head to toe it's to the point now it feels like it will never end and coming up to a season where I won't be able to hide it anymore I could deal with it until it started on my face sad  Did anyone else's keep spreading this far in? Every day I wake up with more spots 

• Posted

You poor baby!!! Mine was neck to ankles, scalp and inside my mouth. Not on my face, hands or feet. What have you tried so far? Doctors only prescribe steroids to try to ease teh itch, and tell you it will go away after a while... Mine lasted 14 months.
  • Posted

Can I ask how you know it's healing? I've been using 2% nizoral for 3 days, but every website I look at says the light patches can stay for weeks or months so I'm confused how I would tell if the treatment is working? My patches aren't itchy or flakey however my gp did confirm what it was. Without any symptoms I don't know how to tell it's healing....!

• Posted

My PR wasn't flaky either. I knew it was getting better because the rash was getting more pale and it then reached a point when it was getting dry and new clear skin was coming through. 

Going to a sun bed (360 standing one) really helped me. I did it every other day and the patch was really red after but looked better the next day. 

Don't lose faith! Mine in total took 10weeks to completely heal and thankfully has not returned. 

• Posted

It depends on what you call "healing"... My definition is when the scaly raised part of the rash is gone it is healed. All that is left behind is the discolorations, which fade with time. If you had no scaling and raised patches, your GP was wrong. Did you have a biopsy done?

• Posted

Why was my gp wrong not all TV has raised or scaley patches? 
    • Posted

I have never seen/heard of PR that does not have raised edges. That is the primary symptom. There are several rashes that are similar to PR: Guttate psoriasis, granuloma annulare, lichens planus, hives (a mild case can simply keep spreading without getting worse symptoms like swollen tongue and difficulty breathing) scabies, and an STD rash associated with syphilis.

If you do not have a raised rash with scales it might be a good idea to have a biopsy done.

Only about a million people worldwide get PR every year.

About 50 percent of people who self diagnose are wrong. About 30 percent of people diagnosed by a GP without a biopsy are misdiagnosed. About 10 percent of people diagnosed by a dermatologist without a biopsy are misdiagnosed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.