JUST FOUND OUT GOT LS!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everybody,

Just joined today and in need of a sanity check.

I have recently experienced lots of pain during sex and also bleeding. My skin has been splitting and sore so decided to go to GU Med the other day, saw a lovely consultant who diagnosed LS. Sent me home with steroid cream, leaflet and emolient to wash and go back on 4 weeks. I have noticed considerable shrinkage of my labia minora and frightened to death that everything will disappear!

She said had I come in 6 months it could have been so much worse. I am also taking oral chemotherapy for a kind of blood cancer. been on the medication now for 12 years. Feel a double whammy thrown at me now and really rocked me. My partner said to me ' ah well at least its not life threatening' !! I have now fallen out with him after 5 years and he has not even been over to see me this week! So not impressed with his support or lack of.

I hope to get a response please

Denise

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hiya

Sorry it's taken soooooo long! For you, yes we

Know our own bodies and what is normal and

What's not . The consultant said to me it's a Good

Job I didn't go to the gp is she said they would

Have just said it was thrush ! Can you believe

That???? I am scared going to close up completely

As read some really scary cases!

DX

• Posted

Hi no one knows for sure what causes LS but i really am convinced its autoimmune it seems nearly everyone i have spoken to have another autoimmune thing wrong with them,its about time more research should be done.Pammy xx
  • Posted

Hiya

Really??? Well it seems strange how my white

Blood cell count is sometimes low and open to

Infections. I regularly get mouth ulcers and sometimes

Anaemia. I think like you say LS could be linked.

Just another disease for me to worry about sad(

D x x

• Posted

Morning Girls, My GP has said nothing about Auto Immune problems at the moment, But from reading lots of other post's that's how it's sounding. Well yesterday (day 1) was totally itch free....until bed-time, so we'll wait & see what day 2 (today) brings !! Oh the element of surprise rolleyes It seems odd that I started the "change" about the same time this all started, so it leaves me very confused rolleyes what has caused it. Feeling abit more positive at the moment smile
  • Posted

cry Morning everyone hope you all had a good nights sleep,woke up with really bad stomach dont know why but sure enough my bottom is really sore dam you LS,i too started with LS soon as i started the change,just wish more research was being done the doctors just dont have enough info x

• Posted

Hi Pammy, I can sympathise with you totally....I had my 1st best night's sleep in month's. My "itch free" day isn't going to great so far, I applied 1st load of cream after showering at 5.30 a.m. & by 11.30a.m. needed to add a little more rolleyes

I've been playing Miss Marple & reading up on international sites & forums, & some people say even your diet can possibly affect LS, just wondering if you have tried cutting out certain things or even added to your diet & if it's made any difference to you. Tracey xx

• Posted

Hi ladies,

This is weird but I have no itching at all! Is that normal? I have shrinkage of the minora and white patches too, even on bum now! whats all that about? Felt really low today as reality kicking in and my fiance absconding after 5 years

D x

• Posted

Hello,

I have suffered with this for a long time (years)! I swear it gets worse around time of period... I'm only 27. It's been so bad lately I can't nearly do anything! I can't wear jeans, nothing tight.... I'm so uncomfortable and in pain all time. I've done lots of research on this and a lot of people swear by zinc oxide cream... So I dug threw my drawer and put some one tonight... I'm praying it helps! I have turned into such a crabby mom because of this... I'm just so irratatable! My man is very understanding but wishes I could get my vagina fixed... Lol... Kind of his way to lighten up the topic I guesse... Please let me know if u guys found any other relief with anything and I'll do same... Thanks!

Jenna

• Posted

Hi Denise, My itching has been so unbearable, & because I wasn't aware of the "Not scratching" policy I've no doubt made mine worse. There have been day's I've literally wanted to tear my hair out or just cry, but luckily the Canestan HC is doing a grand job today....but the day is still but young.

Hi Jennalee, I have to agree with you...mine also get's worse the week before I get my period, also my constipation get's worse having a "knock on" effect. I haven't tried any other than the "Canestan HC" cream with was prescribed by my Doctor.

There are quite a few things that people seem to be using, i.e Emu oil & lot's of steroid creams thru' there Doctor on prescription that sound like they are quite effective. I'm still waiting for my biopsy results, but my Doctor is 99% certain of my problem. So I am at the early stages of treatment & no doubt will go on to something stronger very shortly.

Apparently you can get "Emu oil" from Amazon on line....Not wishing to sound rude, but I take it you are possibly not in the U.K? your spelling of Mom gave it away hahaha smile But I have looked on u.k Amazon & it's about £15.00 - £25.00. I shall try some myself & order later today, but from reports I've read from other ladies it sounds the most promising, hope this helps Tracey xxx

• Posted

Hi ladies,Hope you are all feeling ok,well i have tried emu oil and so far wipeeeeeeee,only used it twice but i have to say today i feel human again i know its early days but anything that makes me feel this way is a bonus,i have never checked my diet to see if certain foods make the dreaded LS worse but i will try anything,iam going to keep up with the emu and i will keep you all updated. xxPammy

• Posted

Denise, just to follow on...I have a tiny white rough patch of skin on my left buttock but all around my girlie bit's I'm totally white it's very bizarre, my shrinkage is pretty severe also. I find it strange that lot's of girls have said about intercourse has been so painful...I've been fine luckily not affected that way at all. But any bowel motions.....now that's a very different story. So does the infection/disease start in different places?? i.e. back passage first or girlie bit's first?? there are just so many questions to ask & sadly no one can really answer them, that's what I get so frustrated about . sad sad

Admittedly, I haven't had or made the healthiest of life style choices, but unfortunately that's due to my job (female truck driver 20 years & counting) so being away from home, cooking on a camping stove, wearing work issue trousers, sat down for 15 hours a day, being a smoker, not the best of diets, long working hours, etc. rolleyes I've probably not helped myself. But no one has heard of LS until they've been diagnosed with it. Rather than make it more commonly known of, people can make better health lifestyle choices to try & help themselves. rolleyes

I'm not saying that we've all made bad choices, I should imagine that most females have a really healthy lifestyle. But it's not knowing the answers Uuuurgh sad

• Posted

hi Tracey,

Blimey what a job you have!

Yes can relate to white patches on bum and my other bits! it looks quite weird! I cannot wait to see consultant next week and get a further review. I feel quite sore though now after been on steroids for 3 weeks, one treatment a day. Is it supposed to make you sore??? No itching at all just white patches and shrinkage of minora, scared it will just disintigrate!!

D x

• Posted

smile Morning Pammy, hahahaha...so Pleased it's working smile smile smile wink it's great to hear some positive news on here. Well you've made my mind up for me, I shall order some for myself smile today. Did you try it before you went to bed Pammy?? if so...how did you sleep, did you make it thru' the night.

Well Girls, it sounds like ......Emu Oil RULES !!! :') smile :') smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.