l have a weird sensation of pressure in my front upper teeth

Posted , 65 users are following.

I have been feeling a weird sensation in my teeth since last September, at first it was like pressure,while eating,I felt that they were misplaced and extremely tight. Every time l brushed them l would feel that l moved them or that they would fall  or something,(though they were solid) and then l'd feel the tightness, as if i had residual food in there. 

Lately i ve felt that they are  swollen or stiff (like they were made of wood kinda) and they even hurt a little,as if they were impacted,  it is almost unnoticeable and i must clarify that l haven't suffered any dental injury,

I think my gums are healthy, l do not bleed, my breath doesn't smell bad, l do not suffer from bruxism, extreme temperatures do not bother me.

It is not a big thing but has become and obsession, lm afraid they might drop out from one minute to another and that has made the sensation even harder, l think.

l don't wanna be crybabish and run to the dentist due to this, if the symptoms were harder l would, but it is sort of mild, 

is the future consequences what worry me. Anybody else has gone through this? Right now i have fear of hard things such as apples and nuts and the like because l do feel some annoyance, though l don't know what percentage is psychological and what is real nuisance, even when l smile l feel that they get tight or move...

Here some pics

0 likes, 122 replies

122 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

This has been happening to me also. I have bruxism also. It makes it worse with stress. It's constant and I wish it would just stop. I feel like they're loose all the time and they're not. Lol love had cleaning and they don't go anywhere when the dental hygentist cleans and I'm good for a few days then right back to the stressful feeling. If looked everywhere for what is causes this. Clenching my teeth is one , I feel like maybe there is nerve damage that makes them feel weird all day. Ugh. I also noticed I hold all my stress in my jaw. Looking for ideas on how to stop that. I'm glad I'm not alone but really want this to stop.

• Posted

Xanax for stress! 5also have a right feeling in my front top teeth, they are crowns, the gum tissue is getting tore up, and it feels like the rest of my mouth is getting sucked in between the teeth! Literally! The feel so tight they hurt like hell!
  • Posted

I have just started with the same symptoms teeth feeling too tight lips numb and pressure as I push on my teeth, it's weird as it's not tooth ache i can brush them and eat causiosly it's just my upper teeth the 4 across the front do I see the dentist or the doctor.

• Posted

I have had the same tight feeling in my teeth for over a year now.

It's terrible!  I have noticed my teeth are much closer together now.  And feel that at age 63 my teeth are moving and pushing together.

It's difficult to floss between some teeth, a problem I haven't had before.

My dentist has referred me to an orthodontist.

• Posted

i had the same thing. I have no nerves in my front 2 teeth thank God cos I would've killed myself by now. I had to call 999 after gp said if dental pain got worse. The pain will be bad if you have an absess or an infection. Unbearable. I was admitted to hospital and the dentist had to inject my 2 front teeth. I was on morphine and codeine.soooooooooooooo much better now

• Posted

I have been feeling the same since the past few days. I went to the dentist and he did an xray and told that there was no infection or anything. I got a cleaning done. But now I if try to chew with that teeth they pain a bit. Please help!

• Posted

Did anything happen out of the norm around the time before you started to feel it?

• Posted

Hi, glad i found this forum as ive had this weird feeling too in my front top teeth!

Its been driving me mad, no pain but pressure and a feeling they will come out. Dentist did xrays, but all ok.

Its almost taking over my life. Not sure what to do next. Help

• Posted

I feel your pain, this has been bothering me almost more than anything. Anything I do it doesn't seem to go away, I have found nothing to relieve it yet. The only escape I get from it is sleep. As soon as I wake up, there it is again. I hope we find a solution to this because it is also taking over my life.

• Posted

I've had this same problem for about a year, I have been trying to figure out what it is, seeing a Dr with neurological experience, nothing with xray/mri. Had my wisdom teeth pulled, no change. On a few different medications, still no change. Despite it not being a searing or sharp pain, it is still very intense and difficult to ignore and focus on other things.

I find it hard to smile and I have a difficult to control 'nose scrunch' which happens occasionally. I also have an eye brow area raise that I've been told isn't noticeable but I feel it and it feels weird, like I am 'checking something out' but it happens every time I stop moving my eyes or focus on something. It feels like it's all interconnected but I can't figure out what it is.

Bittersweet knowing that others are familiar with at least the teeth/gum sensation, it seems like it's uncommon, but hopefully we can get some attention on this matter so we can figure out what it is to find solutions.

• Posted

What helped you relieve this issue could you please explain because I know someone going through same?

• Edited

Has anyone had any resolution from this problem?

I started with pressure in my top teeth three months ago. I have been back and to to the dentist and had a root canal and antibiotics, but still the pressure continues. It feels like someone is pressing down on them and sometimes I get a wave of intense pressure that feels like they will be pushed out. It's so awful.

How did everyone's problems begin? Weirdly, the pressure started in the teeth the day after I had an impression done for a crown on a bottom tooth. My dentist said this had no connection, but a very strange coincidence!

I too only get relief when I go to bed. I manage to sleep ok.

It would be great to hear if anyone else is going through this. It is horrible!

• Edited

mine seems the excat same as your and is driving me crazy i cant seem to funchion and day to day life is being effected by this i hate the way my mouth feels and aches and tingles and my theeth feel like these going to fall out, im so scared its made me really anxious and unsettled ive also had root canal 4 weeks ago the pain in that tooth is much better but still a little tender they just feel stiff and ache xx

• Edited

Hello,

I think i am having these same symptoms. Mine started last November and i am very aware of my two front teeth. they feel heavy and i am always prodding them with my tongue and looking in the mirror to see if they have moved.

I brought myself a mouth guard as I grind my teeth and often woke clenching my teeth together and pushing those teeth forward almost. since wearing the mouth guard I can say that my teeth feel better when I wake but I am still very obsessive over them which I think is making the sensation 10X worse.

It gives me great reassurance to hear someone else is experiencing similar symptoms.

• Edited

wow i cant believe ive found so many people from this, i thought and still do feel like im going out of my mind my problems started 14 weeks ago. one of my front theeth was very sensertitive i ended up with a root canal after going back and fourth for 8 weeks, im now four weeks down the line, and all i feel every day is a burning,tingling and tight sensation in my to front theeth and gums, i clean them constsntly and floss and they just ache and feel stiff and i feel like there going to fall out, ive been back to my deniest who has had a mouth gard made for me, tonight will ve the first night im using it, but honestly i feel like im going out of my head with this feeling, the tooth i had root canal on is still a tiny bit tender but ive seen to other deniest who said it looks fine, and no one can understand what im trying to explain , its really getting me down and over taking my life,

• Posted

What helped you relieve this issue could you please explain because I know someone going through same?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.