Left Testical pain. Lower Stomach pain and side.

Posted , 90 users are following.

Hi All.

I am very pleased to have found this site to see other people are having simular symptoms as myself. Also I will add that whilst I fell very down its very clear that there are many on here that are in a worse place than myself.

about 4 months ago a dull pain developed in my left testical on the left hand side of it. Doctor gave me cipro thinking Prostatis. it did not work.Uroligist gave me cipro and Doxicycline with Naproxen. they have not worked. back to the Doctor and he has given me a course of doxicycline for another 2 weeks. they are not working. had an Ultrasound and all clear. Had blood tests and urine tests and they are all clear. in now experiancing pains in my stomach and my side. feels like a stich sometimes in the side. this can also spread to the kidney area to. i am taking Gabapentin to. just wondering if anyone has had simular and found a cure. is it an infection? is it a damaged nerve? kind thanks.

3 likes, 175 replies

175 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had several left flank pain, mild left testicular and abdominal pain. Went to ER and was admitted for 3 days. It took a few attempts but the pain is now being controlled by keyorolac. Once the pain med wears off the pain becomes intense again. Had Ct scan and ultrasound done. They initially though stones but then switched to kidney infection. I am taking an antibiotic for it. Been about 1 week. I don't feel like I'm making progress and I don't feel like I've been properly diagnosed. No pain or blood in urine. No epydimitris. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience and what the diagnosis was

• Posted

Sounds exactly like what I had- Shingles. They put me on antibiotics for a week, when I should have been on an antiviral. Deep burning pain in left hip, flank, groin and back.
  • Posted

I am also on gabapentin, seems to help most of the time. So why not all of the time?
  • Posted

Hi, please help!

Just 3-4 days ago I was lying down and had this shooting pain in my groin and penis. I didn't think much of it until I went to bed feeling discomfort.

The next day I woke up and was fine, but then my groin started to hurt and didn't stop. I tried paracetamol, ibuprofen and co-codamol in that 24 hour period - yet the pin didn't subside.

That night was really the worst night to sleep since any position wouldn't let me sleep comfortably due to the aching pain.

Later on I found some discomfort in my left testicle. I thought it was just hurting because of too much moving but then realised most of the pain came from there. I did my own examination and I think the vein that connects the testicle to the penis (I don't know the right term) has gone bigger than my left - but I may be wrong if this is where the pain comes from.

I try to take ibuprofen now and it has helped. My groin is not aching as much with my leg - think it's a muscle problem possibly.

But it is my left testicle that is hurting now and I'm panicking. Please help!

• Posted

You should stop self medicating and see a doctor.
    • Posted

I've booked one for next week. But This pain just occurred spontaneously that I had to ask.

• Posted

My urologist eventually put me on gabapentin. Helps most of the time. A few months into it I tried weaning off it and pain came back. If your dr. comes up with something new me and the other guys are interested.

Good luck.

• Posted

Definitely! I'll get back to youse as soon as possible.

• Posted

After "turp" operation,prostate. Infection and swollen and sore left

testicle. I was put on Cipflox 500 mg for a forthnight,two per day

Some improvement but still painfull and large.

next Dr.visot 4 th August and have to see what he says

• Posted

If you look at my earlier post, I've had the same experience. The only thing a far that works has anti-inflammatory medications. When I stop taking them the symptoms return. Hoping for a solution that will treat the problem once and for all. 

• Posted

Do see your physician to be sure that the ligament that holds your testicle in place has not torn away from the scrotal wall.  
  • Posted

Hey Guys, I went to the GP on Tuesday and she said that I may have epididymitis and she gave me anti-biotics called 'ciprofloxacin', and co codamol. 

The pain is going down, but these should get rid of the pain till next Tuesday, otherwise she has to investigate further. 

• Posted

I've been suffering with similar symptoms for 5 years.  Drs tested me for everything under the sun, put me on all the antibiotics you guys have mentioned.  Has anyone had any success with anything other than the ibuprofen?

• Posted

They haven't found anything wrong? 

Maybe take 400g or 800g ibuprofen? A higher dose should help? 

• Posted

HI guys.... i have identical symtoms (the only difference is that my dull pain starts on my right testicle and migrates to thelower right abdomen and sometimes the lower back (kidney area) .I have seen Urologist,Gastro doctor,regular doctor,infection doctor and nobody can find what is wrong  with me . 

​My pain comes in waves and seem to be worse in the evening and better in the morning (resting makes it better.) I have a feeling it is an infection as well since my neck gland feels swollen .

I have been battling this for 3 months now .....still no answer to what it is. All my blood and urine test are always clear.

Have anyone ever found what is the cause of this????

• Posted

Anything like varecocle or epididymitis? 

I've just had this pain for 2 and a half weeks but the doc just says it's common and my urine test came back fine. 

My lower abdomen aches.

In addition, I feel a pressure/swollen pain after I ejaculate.

I'm going to ask the doctor if I should be scanned, then subsequently they will give me some other type of medicine. 

But if that doesn't work - I'll ask to go to a Urologist. 

I really don't like this at the moment. 

• Posted

So it sounds like you're going through something similar that I'm going through, I'm coming up on almost exactly one year since my girlfriends dog stepped on my left testicle while I was sleeping in bed.. have been dealing with constant non stop pain throughout the day and even worse at night when I have nothing to distract my mind from it.. been to a GP and got an ultrasound to check for torsion about nine months ago but everything looked normal for the most part, i don't think they scanned high enough up though around my bladder area I have what appears to be some sort of a scar tissue or lumpy mass just above the testicle and I'm thinking he stepped on the cords above the testicle and not the testicle itself, either way my pain will fluctuate from pain some days to burning sensation others to a constant sense of feeling like I need to go pee, I've noticed drinking any type of coffee or energy drinks or any bladder stimulants make the sensation much worse.. I'm scared to go in and spend a lot of money at a urologist bc I fear I will spend all this money and possibly surgery and still end up with the same pain and getting no where.. it has affected my quality of life as I'm constantly unable to get a good nights sleep and my sex drive has taken a significant hit bc I seem to flare up shortly after ejaculation around the injured area and the pain will last hours to days... this past 2 weeks the pain has literally not gone away at all and I'm not even masturbating but once a week now and I've been in constant dull/burning pain

• Posted

I pretty much have the same issue I thought it might have been gonorrhea bt I think while have sec with by gf by testicles might have been hitting against her body too hard (ur dog stepped on yours) so its similar in a way. I noticed I av to go to the bathroom often I cant hold it like. I use to.the pain wen away bt came back last night am going to the doctor today as am concerned the pain was almost unbearable last night I was praying to fall asleep. Left testicle n left leg hurts
    • Posted

Hello 

I have similar symptoms, going to get an ultrasound of the abdomen today. My left abdominal pain is on n off, my doctor says I have anxiety. I’m confused by this, hopefully I get a solution. Did anyone find any? Please advise.

• Posted

My advice would be to wait it out. I’ve had it now for over 4 months and it seems to be going away. Just don’t aggravate the area much and distract yourself. 

For the abdominal pain (which I also have) I have no idea what to do. Maybe it’s the same cord that affects the testicle? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.