Lichen Planus - Treatments, Cures, Aids

Posted , 42 users are following.

I want to start a thread that concentrates on anything that helps - or anything tried that doesn't help.

I've been prescribed Dapsone, Alegra and Advantan - no improvement after 14 days

I've read that Ultra Violet B was completely successful for 70% of patients after 10.9 weeks and I can email that study to anyone interested. Ultra Violet B is provided by the sun but one person on this forum reported getting worse after spending time in the sun.

EM

2 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey Elephant Man...check out my post regarding Wild Oregano Oil..its very interesting,.
    • Posted

Hey Elephant man how are you? How is your lichen schlerosus doing?
    • Posted

I have normal LP not Oral and it's always with me. Most of the time it's the backs of my hands and the site of any injury. I got scratched and cut while playing with my puppy and those scratches still haven't healed after six months. The LP thinks harmless bacteria are the enemy and it rushes to the site of the injury and actually prevents normal healing.

No one notices and it doesn't bother me but when it flared up it was truly horrible. Gross to look at and a huge hit to my self image and confidence. I've decided not to treat the symptoms, the treatment can be more harmful than the ailment. I'm going with a pure diet for a while.

I found a diet that claims it can reverse diabetes but it's pretty hardcore, veggies only for 8 weeks. Eight weeks of suffering isn't long in the scheme of things smile I'll post back what happened.

• Posted

Hi, that must be a pain to have LS on your hands! being that it is difficult to hide, but you never know diet might work for you, it's worth trying anything.   I recently went on the SCD, diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) due to the fact that I am experiencing multiple food allergies, and I thought this diet would  be good, and I would be able to  

slowly introduce foods gradually, but it nearly killed me, I lost nearly a stone and so I had to stop it, but I am still following some of the principles, but I have adapted it to suit my lifestyle more, I need to be able to eat rice or potatoes, and so I am not sure how anyone maintains weight on that diet! 

Eight weeks is actually a long time when your mainly eating  veggies, so good luck with that, let us know how you get on!l  I am seeing my GI next week as I need to be tested for diabetes, I hope I dont have that!  

• Posted

I replied but its waiting to be moderated, not sure why, I didnt included any names of links to any site, how weird... If its not re posted I will re send mananacheesygrin 

• Posted

I think all messages are moderated automatically, it doesn't mean the content of your message raised a flag.
    • Posted

Look into the Paleo auto-immune diet.  It has helped me both with Lichen sclerosis and OLP...and helps with many auto-immune diseases. They recommend that you stick with it at least 6 weeks and then add a food group back each 5 days and keep a diary of any adverse reactions. Bad reaction...bad food for you.  I did it for a month and it was very helpful.  I took a week off and have regretted it and have started back on it as I really noticed an improvement in both the LS and OLP...and in my general health. Lots more energy! 
    • Posted

I mentioned the name of a well know diet, which is why the moderators removed it I think!

Anyway, it  must be a pain to have LS on your hands, being that it is difficult to hide, but you never know diet might work for you, it's worth trying.   I recently went on a special  diet due to the fact that I am experiencing multiple food allergies, and I thought this diet would  be good, and I would be able to slowly introduce foods gradually, but it nearly killed me, I lost nearly a stone and so I had to stop it, but I am still following some of the principles, but I have adapted it to suit my lifestyle more. 

Eight weeks is actually a long time when your mainly eating  veggies, so good luck with that, let us know how you get on! 

• Posted

Diet mentioner! smile 

>Eight weeks is actually a long time 

Yes it is! I was trying to pretend... It might kill me too. Chicken is a vegetable, right? I'm starting today. 

>you never know diet might work for you, it's worth trying.

I've become convinced that we all eat a ton of 'poison' without realizing it, and pure veggies is about the only way to be sure. There's sugar in salad dressing, McDonald's wash their meat with amonia, there are colors in everything like yellow #5, monosodium glutomate means the provider can use one chicken instead of 5 because msg enhances flavor. After all the reading I've done, I've learned that there's something evil in everything, so this diet is going to be really interesting. 

I know I'm going to lose weight. I've been a fat guy for a long time so losing weight will be reward enough, even if nothing else happens.

• Posted

Here is  a recipe for you cheesygrin

2 onions

2 carrotts

1 handfull of spinach

1 stick of celery

2 cloves of garlic

2 large chicken legs

1 tbsp Olive oil

salt and pepper

Put the oil and chicken legs into a deep pan and cook on high for 5 mins, add all the rest of the ingredients, and top up with water..let it cook for ages, like 2 hours, then take off the skin, bones, and discard.   Its good, simple, and keeps nicely in the fridge, I always have this  food in my fridge.  Also another tip is to buy some fruit, like apples and pears, and peel and cook them,  they are delicious cooked with cinammon.

I have never eaten out at places like McDonalds, I feel quite angry when I think of the rubbish they are serving to people.

\

• Posted

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm doing and even simpler things like lettuce, can of tuna, chopped tomatoes, maybe a chopped boiled egg, oil and vinegar. It's even good without the fish.
    • Posted

Good for you!  Remember avocados are good, I often like an avocado with a little brown rice and thinly sliced red onion for lunch, with homemade dressing, if  you look at making your own salad dressing, which is ridiculously easy, it makes a simple meal more enjoyable.  Salmon cooked in foil with vegetables on the side is another nice and easy meal, I like fresh  food cooked quickly and simply, and I have found that I eat a lot better when I am more organized.   I am off to an organic market manana, as I live in Costa Rica and stupidly thought that the food would not be laden with pesticides!!! How wrong was I! I recently discovered that they put more insecticides and pesticides on food here than most other countries, even China!! I am gutted about that, I have hives on my forehead at the moment, probably due to the delicious figs I discovered a while back, they must have been sodden with the stuff....we are being poisoned for greed!!

Anyway, that's my rant over...let us know how you get on.eek

• Posted

You might want to try to give up the nightshade vegetables as they can cause inflammation.  They are tomatoes, peppers...any kind, eggplant and potatoes ... although sweet potatoes are okay.
    • Posted

woah mind blown! I've been slowly getting more and more intolerant to these , i hadnt really considered it was linked to the lp.
    • Posted

I agree, been on AIP diet for a year, with some foods reintroduced, eggs, caffeine, almonds. Am battling a flare up right now...
    • Posted

Hello Elephant, read a lot of your posts and yours and my LP sound the same. Was curious how the all veggie diet turned out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.